PDA

View Full Version : HUD colors are wrong

debakel3
07-02-2009, 10:04 AM
untill version 1.07x i had no problems with this, but since then many colors i have defined dont match. for example i use light blue in for a certain area in VPIP and i use the same color in PFR, this blue is very different. sometimes even from player to player.

i tried everything since then

did all definitions new
compared several times the colors
i even deinstalled HM

if i knew which file to edit, i even would compare the color codes.

is there any help?

fozzy71
07-02-2009, 10:38 AM
What operating system? What version of HM. Current Beta is 1.09 Beta 11a, and the link is in my Sig. Please make sure you update to the newst version.

Are you editing the default HUD config, or have you created your own new config? If you are using a new config, you must make sure you set the default HUD config to work only for a site you don't play at, on the 'Use FOr:' tab of the Player Preferences panel.

Could you please attach your prefs.xml file, and I will replace mine with yours to see if I can tell what is going wrong.

debakel3
07-02-2009, 11:11 AM
What operating system? What version of HM. Current Beta is 1.09 Beta 11a, and the link is in my Sig. Please make sure you update to the newst version.

Are you editing the default HUD config, or have you created your own new config? If you are using a new config, you must make sure you set the default HUD config to work only for a site you don't play at, on the 'Use FOr:' tab of the Player Preferences panel.

Could you please attach your prefs.xml file, and I will replace mine with yours to see if I can tell what is going wrong.

i run XP
my HM version is 1.09 beta 11 (updated all betas lately)
i am not sure, but it seems i am editing the default HUD config (now i changed that to a site i dont play)

fozzy71
07-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Which config are you trying to use? The default config has a wide variety of colors assigned, but the nlsixmax config does not. The nlsixmax config seems to be working OK, but the color ranges are not complete at all. You have also used the 'New Panel' option, instead of 'New Line'. Make sure the first thing in the 'Display these Stats:' box is a stat, and not a new Line or New Panel. This will casue your note icon to be in an odd place or on it's own panel. If you want all of those stats to be separated into multiple panels for each person's stats, you need to enable the Multiple Panels option, or change them back to New Line entries.

Also, make sure you have set your preferred seat in the pokerstars client and matched it in HM. When I installed your prefs file it changed my preferred seats back to none. It is important when first setting up the stats positions that you open only one table, and wait until at least one hand has been imported and you can see your own stats. Pokerstars rotates the table around to align your preferred seat.Otherwise you will mhttp://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=147

I am going to change those new panel entries to new lines, so they will stay on a single panel. If you want individual panels you can enable that option and replace the New Lines with New Panels. I have set your default and nlsixmax config to sites other than pokerstars. I cloned the (modified) default config, and created a new one called nlsixmaxtwo, and set it for All Games on 6 Max tables.

I will also clone the current default config to a new config for 6max, and disable the current one. If the nlsixmax is the one you want to use, you will probably want to make the color ranges more similar to the method used on the default config. You don't want someones stats to be the same color if it is a 10% or 100% value.

The way HMHUD works, if you don't have a config set for 6 max, and no other config set for 9 max and HU tables, it will use the default config. Your current default config has been modified, and that is what I used to create the new 6 max layout. This means you will have the exact same hud on all tables, until you create a new, unique HUD for 9max and HU, or else change the particulars of the default config, so it is not identical to the nlsixmaxtwo config.

Before using this prefs file, please make a copy of your current config folder:

Close HM and the Table Manager.

Start > My Computer > C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager

Right-Click+Copy on the \Config folder. Then Right-Click+Paste into an empty are of the C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager directory. Now you should have a copy called \config_2 or similar.

Now you can download copy this modified version of your prefs file. Copy it, and paste it into C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config. It should warn you that you are about to overwrite the existing prefs.xml file. This is fine, as long as you already made a copy of the config folder. If you have any probelms you can do the same procedure to get your previous prefs file put back.

Let me know how things go, and if you have any questions.

debakel3
07-02-2009, 12:44 PM
thx for your efforts.

in fact i play 95% of the time FL. and i use for all rooms i play the same stat-settings. rooms are:

Pokerstars
Partypoker
iPoker
UlitmateBet
FullTilt

of course i placed for every room i play the stats on the right positions according to my tablelayouts.

i do not use the option prefered seat.

what i do not understand is while importing i.e. FL.xml the system tells me:

there is already a configuration named default.
do you want to overwrite it?

did i something wrong in this context?

if i us one configuration for NL and another one for FL does this very configuration go for all different pokerrooms?

and what has this all to do with the wrtong colors i get?

if i would build up this configuration from scratch, what would you advice me to do?

fozzy71
07-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Each of those sites require slightly different setup steps, to make sure the preferred seating is set properly and all the stat panels align properly.

If you use the same layout for all sites, then you will want to set that on the HUD Options > Player Preferences > Use For: > Any Site.

If you have any problems with the positioning of the HUD panels, make sure you do not start moving the panels, until after one hand has been imported and your own stats are visible on the table.

The FAQs have detailed instructions for setting up each site.

Pokerstars - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=147

Partypoker - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=143

iPoker - Standard View - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=128 ; Mini-View http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=22

UlitmateBet - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=150

FullTilt - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=142

debakel3
07-02-2009, 01:40 PM
here is a screenshot of the colors i get displayed.

the colors are defined all the same, i did check that in the prefs.xml by the defined numbers.

i only use one gree, one red, one violett..., only color which has different facets is blue.

and as you can see there (the red frames) are quite a few differences, for example down left, the 2 players have similar numbers but the green is different. or even clearer top middle there is a light violett and the others are darker, even i am using one violett only.

btw, i did use the panels instead of the lines, because i prefere to put those panels in different positions.

fozzy71
07-02-2009, 03:05 PM
That picture is far too small to see anything.

here is a screenshot of the colors i get displayed.

the colors are defined all the same, i did check that in the prefs.xml by the defined numbers.

i only use one gree, one red, one violett..., only color which has different facets is blue.

Which HUD Config are you using? default, nlsixmax, or nlsixmaxtwo?

If it is the nlsixmax then I don't think your prefs.xml file worked properly the way I was trying to use it. It had only 3 color choices, but 2 were the same and they were quite different from what you explained.

Could you please go to the HUD Options > Player Preferences > Select the Config you are using, and choose Export. THen send me the exported hud config, of only the hud config you are using, instead of your entire hud prefs file.

and as you can see there (the red frames) are quite a few differences, for example down left, the 2 players have similar numbers but the green is different. or even clearer top middle there is a light violett and the others are darker, even i am using one violett only.

The different shades/intensities you see of the same color are a result of the 'Adjust Color For Sample Size' option in the Player Preferences. It is to help you notice that a particular stat isn't based on a large sample yet, if it is dimmed. You can turn that off if you want them to be as bright as possible from the moment they have a single hand in the DB.

btw, i did use the panels instead of the lines, because i prefere to put those panels in different positions.

OK, I thought you might have, but when I opened HM with your prefs file installed it defaulted to my Multiple Panels option being turned off. That may jsut be the default status when it encounters a new/different prefs.xml file.

debakel3
07-02-2009, 03:27 PM
ok, here is a komplete package, including, prefs.xlm, fl6max.xlm and the picture in original size. i use fl6max.xlm, which is in fact the same as nlsixmax.xlm now

dont be worried about "nlsixmax, or nlsixmaxtwo"
i did delete the first and did rename the second

The different shades/intensities you see of the same color are a result of the 'Adjust Color For Sample Size' option in the Player Preferences. It is to help you notice that a particular stat isn't based on a large sample yet, if it is dimmed. You can turn that off if you want them to be as bright as possible from the moment they have a single hand in the DB.
this does explain a few, but not if the samplesize is exactly the same as you can see at the top middle the 2 violett sample sizes are both 100

fozzy71
07-02-2009, 03:30 PM
OK, thx. I threw it on my desktop and I will try to take an in-depth look and test later today/tonight. Once I have some more details I will let you know what I think is happening.

fozzy71
07-02-2009, 05:19 PM

this does explain a few, but not if the samplesize is exactly the same as you can see at the top middle the 2 violett sample sizes are both 100

You aren't quite understanding. I also didn't interpret your original post properly, and for that I apologize. I should have asked for a full size screen shot initially and it would have made things a lot easier for me to understand, and give you the proper answers. Now that I have this pic with your explanation, I think I can answer your original question properly.

What you see in the top middle, circled in red, is the stats for one player's WTSD/W$SD. The player has played 8 hands, and likely went to showdown 1 time so far, and won the hand. Some stats require a larger sample size before they will become the brighter color. Sample size in this instance is defined as an opportunity to do something. Just because you played 10 hands does not mean you had 10 opportunities to 3Bet (or 10 opportunities to get to showdown, in this case). So some stats will be bright after 5, 10, 20 hands. While others may still be dimmed even when you have 100 hands on them.

*You can turn this feature off for each stat individually by un-checking all of the 'Adjust color for sample size' checkboxes in the Player Preferences > Appearance tab.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/HEM/Forums/PP-HUcolors.png

debakel3
07-02-2009, 05:46 PM
thx a lot fozzy, thats exactly what did worry me all the time and now everything is fine.
is this a feature which was added sometimes?

fozzy71
07-02-2009, 06:12 PM
It has been an option that I have been using for as long as I can remember. I don't know if it is set on or off by default, but I have always thought it was an important feature.

You can see how the stats for your opponent with 3k hands are all bright, while the newer players are mostly dimmed. It is a nice visual cue so you know that a stat is unreliable, if it is dimmed. If the majority of their stats are dimmed you know to treat them as an unknown.