PDA

View Full Version : Using the filter to find 3bet% vs you?

ant9985
10-05-2011, 06:25 AM
Hi, im trying to find out each players 3bet% in each blind against me opening on the button.
So far iv been selecting the player in hands section, then in filters ill select possition SB(Or BB), and 1 raiser, possition of raiser: BTN. Then ill select use vs player as my screen name. This brings up all the hands where they where in SB and i was at the table, so not them in SB and me on the BTN specifically.
I end up having to search through 300 or so hands and counting up how many times they have folded or 3bet when i opened from BTN. This gives accurate results, but is very time consuming as u can probably imagine. I was wondering if there was a faster method?

If i could get, in the hands section, only the hands where i opened on the BTN and they where in the SB, i could just click the box on the grid next to cards(to sort by action) and count from there how many times they raised/called and divide by total hands, but i cannot work out how to do this. Would rly appreciate some advice.

Thanks.

Patvs
10-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Filter:

Main Filters:
Position of First Raise: Button
Position of Three Bet: Small Blind (or Big Blind)

More Filters:
Faced Preflop 3Bet = True

If you want to see how often your OPPONENTS 3bet you, there's not really a faster method, since you'll have to select the opponents one by one. The filters assume you're filtering for the hero actions.

ant9985
10-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Thnx very much for the reply Patvs.
That only shows the hands they have 3bet, and i need also the amount of instances they where in the SB when i was OTB. I need both, so i can divide one by the other to get the % they 3bet me.

What i really need is to get only the hands where i opened the BTN and they where in the SB, into the hand section. Then it would be easy cause i can quickly count up the times they 3bet me, and it will show how many total hands at bottom left. Sorry if my OP was misleading, i appreciate the help.

olliepower
10-06-2011, 10:22 PM
I am not sure I understand what you want. The filters patvs described will give you every time you open button and are 3 bet by the big blind or small blind. If you would also like to count how many times you raised first from the button, you can just filter for

Main filters
Position of first raise = button

More filters
PFR = true
Did 3 bet = false

This will give you every instance where you opened the button, and did not 3 bet a previous raiser. This should effectively give you all spots where either you opened the button first or isolated a limper. This will also show the number of times the SB just folded and the number of times the SB 3 bet.

ant9985
10-07-2011, 07:13 AM
Ok, the problem i face is, i am a big nit vs 3bets. I am worried that people may be 3betting me more than my stats on them state. What i want to do is select players individually and find out what their actual 3bet% is SB vs my BTN open and BB vs my BTN open.
So what i need in the hands section is all the hands where a 'specific player' was in SB when i open OTB. Then i can count up all the hands they 3bet me(without having to open the replyer for each hand) and then i can divide this number by the total hands they where in SB when i was OTB, and then i will know exactly how often they 3bet vs me for those possitions. Having only the hands they 3bet me, doesn't help me, since i have nothing to divide that number by.

Atm, all i can do is select my opponent, go to filters and at the bottom click 'use vs player' and type my screen name. Then select possition SB, 1 raiser, and possition of first raiser: BTN.
This, however, doesn't give me only hands where i opened the BTN, because it can be any player opening the BTN, so i end up having to replay 300 hands to find out how many instances it was actually me raising OTB.

Hmm, i guess what i really need, is to be able to select the possitions of both players.

Patvs
10-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Instead of selecting your opponent, and type in your screen name at "use vs player", do the opposite:
Select yourself. And type the name of the opponent as the "use vs player".

Because the Filter-->More Filters only affect the hero's actions.
So if you select:

Faced Preflop 3Bet = True

Or what olliepower suggested:

More filters
PFR = true
Did 3 bet = false

...only the hands where you were opening on OTB will come up.

---

HM2 will simplify this with the vsPlayer HUD. Where you can see in the HUD what an opponents 3bet % is and can also see how often he 3bets specifically against you.

ant9985
10-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Hmm, i guess there is no way to put the villain in the SB allways, rather than having hands from when he was in either blind then?

Patvs
10-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Also use:
Main Filters:
Position of First Raise: Button
Position of Three Bet: Small Blind

If you combine this with:
More filters
Did 3 bet = false

only hands where your opponent 3betted from the small blind will show

ant9985
10-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Ok, i appreciate you taking the time to reply to my thread, thanks.

How do i get only hands where i open the BTN and a specific player is in the SB regardless of his action against me.

Patvs
10-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Select the opponent as the main player.
Position of First Raiser = Button
Use vs Player (vs you)

More Filters:
In SB and steal defended = true / In SB and steal reraised = true

ant9985
10-09-2011, 03:17 AM
It's not what im looking for, but nevermind, ill leave it. Thnx anyway for your time.