PDA

View Full Version : error when trying to open HM

awends86
07-01-2009, 07:06 PM
I get this message when trying to open HM, it has yet to work.....

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000007b). Click ok to terminate the application."

I click ok and HM closes.

any help?

fozzy71
07-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Are you trying to install it? Or open it, after installing it?

Vista? Turn off UAC - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73

Also try uninstalling or setting exceptions in your firewall - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

What version of HM? 1.09 Beta 11 is linked in my Sig.

awends86
07-12-2009, 06:08 PM
I am using windows xp. I dont think it is a problem with the postgresql. I get the same errors with all versions of HM I have tried.

netsrak
07-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Something strange with your computer / operating system.

Does this help? http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=132

If not i suggest we look into your system via teamviewer:Please schedule a remote support session with our support manager. Email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so he can setup a Teamviewer session.

awends86
07-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Hey I just got it to work. Now my trial version is up! I really want to give HM a try before I consider purchasing it. Is there a way I can still try it out for the 15 days?

fozzy71
07-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Unfortunately there is no way to extend the trial. You could try it on another PC, or :eek: reinstall windows. If you decide to purchase, you get 7 days for a full refund, for any reason.

awends86
07-12-2009, 07:33 PM
I just bought it but I couldnt get the postreg thing to work. I have pokertracker 3 also. I open dbonctrol panel and try to connect to postgres but I get a message that says "user name/ and or password was not correct, would you like to have holdem manager configure the database to accept this login?" I click yes and I get another message that says "sorry unable to make this change"

I did get it to work when I uninstalled postgres and installed it in another directory but then PT3 couldn't connect to Postgres.

How do I connect with HM to the current database I have with PT3?

Also how/when do I receive my serial number for the HM I just purchased?

fozzy71
07-12-2009, 09:19 PM
If you havent received your code in an email after a few hours, you can email sales@holdemmanager.net with your purchase details, and CC roygon@gmail.com to make sure it gets thru.

Do you have 2 installations of the same SQL? Did you uninstall the previous SQL installation? Did you delete the \data folder from that installation?

If you uninstalled the previous SQL, but still have the data folder, it is possible to reinstall the same version of SQL that your PT3 DB was created with, overtop of your \data folder. As long as you deselect the 'initialize databse cluster' you should be able to use your old data folder.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177

If you hadn't uninstalled yet, you could try a couple different passwords or else remove the need for a password altogether.

PT3's default name/password is - postgres/dbpass

If that password isn't right, you can try using svcpass, or postgrespass.

If neither of those work, you can remove the need for a password by editing the pg_hba.conf file.

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Configuration Files > Edit pg_hba.conf

The file should open with Notepad

Scroll to the bottom where you will see this code

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5
# IPv6 local connections:
#host all all ::1/128 md5

You need to change the first 'md5' to 'trust', like this

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust
# IPv6 local connections:
#host all all ::1/128 md5

Save, and close the file.

Click: Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload configuration

awends86
07-12-2009, 11:58 PM
cool, got it working.

One problem i had with Pt3 was it didnt seperate 6max and Full ring tables on UB. I am having the same problem with HM.

How do I fix this?

It would separate the two on FT but not on UB where I play.

fozzy71
07-13-2009, 12:21 AM
Try Reports > Cash Games > Drop Down Reports Menu: Winnings Summary