PDA

View Full Version : HM doesn't start with firewall comodo

Goinsteil
06-30-2009, 09:30 PM
:confused:
hi, I recently re-installed my system and HM doesn't start after clicking shortcut.

-Vista 32bit, all 84 (!!!) windowsupdates installed
-SQL, net framework works, makes no trouble
- using "Comodo firewall"
- last HM update,all applications run as admin
- uac active

I used the exact same system-config before and it worked. According to different forum threads I tried to uninstall firewall and antivirus software---> IT WORKS with firewall uninstalled.
re-installing firewall--> no start :(
no error messages

help please
regards STEIL

fozzy71
06-30-2009, 09:43 PM
UAC needs to be off - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73

I use Comodo (on XP) and have no issues. I actually just reinstalled it again about a week ago, because I had been using the Windows Firewall since my last reformat (months ag).

Set Holdem Manager and PostgreSQL EXEs to the Comodo Trusted Applications list: Comodo > Firewall > Define a New Trusted Application > Select > Browse:

You can also define them as one of your safe files: Defense+ > My Own Safe Files > (wait for it to poplate the list) > Add > Browse Files

The EXEs you want to allow are detailed on this FAQ about setting exceptions in the windows firewall. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Let me know if that helps.

Goinsteil
06-30-2009, 10:28 PM
all done - doesn't work. uac-problem would not make sense since i run it as admin and it worked before with same systemconfig. sql problem is unlikely since it is loaded later in startup procedure.
firewall shows no errors or asks anything...no log entries anywhere...

any other solutions available, maybe something advanced?

fozzy71
06-30-2009, 11:09 PM
Can you open C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe ?

Have you actually tried turning off UAC? Please try turning it off and rebooting.

I use comodo on XP with no problems. Turning off UAC is ~equivalent to running it in XP. I helped a handful of people on Vista this week with connection issues, and was able to get them running again, once we turned off UAC and/or set Firewall exceptions. I also helped with a couple new installations on Vista, and had no issues. Some of them used Windows Firewall, others used McAfee and Kapersky. The first thing I do every time I help someone on Vista is to make sure UAC is off. If it's not, I turn it off and make them reboot.

Goinsteil
07-01-2009, 07:08 AM
I can open the panel, it connects but then doesn't start hm(loading 3seconds an aborts without error). Yes, i turned off uac and it unfortunately didn't help. exceptions are set ...

fozzy71
07-01-2009, 09:05 AM
If you want to email me, I will try and get it going for you via remote support. If I am unable to for some reason, I will get our support manager to take a look at it.

Please email fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com) session. Download and install the Teamviewer software using all the default settings.