PDA

View Full Version : No archive option

Rupert
10-02-2011, 07:26 PM
No archive option would be brilliant, most of these hands I import I don't want to keep but ones from certain folders I do

udbrky
10-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Set the ones you don't want to keep to go to a different archive folder, then delete them.

Why wouldn't you keep your hands?

Auto archiving is set for performance reasons, you DON'T want HM going through a ton of files in your folders.

Also, if you don't archive and something goes wrong and you lose your DB - HD's can go sideways, causing data corruption, viruses happen, etc. You will lose the ability to import any hands that you did not archive.

Rupert
10-02-2011, 10:48 PM
I datamine a lot of hands and don't care if I lose them. Having to delete them every now and then is nothing but inconvenience.

FWIW this is the only reason I am not using HM2 right now because I don't want to mix my own hands with datamined hands in my archive.

udbrky
10-02-2011, 10:53 PM
You delete them out of the folder you import from right?

You can actually do this just the same. Archiving happens when you restart. Eventually this will be 15 minutes after import. You can set it to a longer time. Or, you just set it to a folder on your desktop and empty it like you do the folder you're importing from.

Sarek
10-03-2011, 04:03 AM
Don't try to put big amount of hands in database using Autoimport!
It is not intended for such tasks.
Use Import from folder for this - there is no archiving option, btw. And your request will be resolved automatically :)