PDA

View Full Version : Steal_Att needs more clarification + is bugged severely

Mercadiator
10-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Why it needs clarification:

1)
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/104/Auto+Rate+Rule+Editor
This guide only tells you that you can choose Steal_Att but it doesn't mention what it is.
Instead, it says "* If you want to learn the definition of stats, check out the Stat Definition FAQ."

2)
Lets take a look in the Stat Definition FAQ:
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/95/Stat+Definitions
I search for the word "Steal_Att" on that page ==> 0 results.
The page does mention "Steal" but that's just about the "Steal" stat in the HUD, the page doesn't say anything about "Steal_Att" from Auto-Rate

Conclusion: Steal_Att is nowhere explained

3)
Searching the forums about Steal_Att:
I find various examples of Auto-Rate configurations that mention Steal_Att. I'll copy paste some of these rules:
Steal_Att Between 15 and 30 ( >= 20 samples )
Steal_Att between 10 and 40 ( >= 20 samples )
Steal_Att between 10 and 40 ( >= 20 samples )
Steal_Att between 20 and 35 ( >= 20 samples )

We can learn a thing of two from this, which are:
Steal_Att is a stat that's ranging somewhere between 0 and 40, and it probably means, the higher the stat is, the more likely the player will be stealing.

4)
Time to test it out.
I've created an Auto-Rate rulebook that looks like the following:
[GreenIcon] Steal_Att between 0 and 10 ( >= 10 samples )
[YellowIcon] Steal_Att between 10 and 20 ( >= 10 samples )
[OrangeIcon] Steal_Att between 20 and 30 ( >= 10 samples )
[RedIcon] Steal_Att between 30 and 40 ( >= 10 samples )
[PurpleIcon] Steal_Att between 40 and 50 ( >= 10 samples )
[DarkblueIcon] Steal_Att between 50 and 60 ( >= 10 samples )
[LightblueIcon] Steal_Att between 60 and 70 ( >= 10 samples )

I've used Hold'em Vision to import the Auto Rate under "Player Profiles" and I've ran the query.
The result is this:
81.1 % qualifies for the Green Icon ( which is a Steal_Att between 0 and 10 )
The other 18.9 % of the players in my 20 000 player database, shows as "Uncategorized".

In other words, according to Hold'em Vision, 81.1 % of all the players have a Steal_Att between 0 and 10
while 18.9 % didn't qualify for a category since they didn't have enough samples.

==> All of the players have a Steal_Att between 0 and 10

Strange....

Conclusion: Against conventional wisdom on the forums, a Steal_Att above 10 simply doesn't exist.

5)
After some more testing, I could get the "Player Profile roportions" in the Player Profiles tab of Hold'em Vision to work, by changing the auto-rate to:
[GreenIcon] Steal_Att between 0 and 0.10 ( >= 10 samples )
[YellowIcon] Steal_Att between 0.10 and 0.20 ( >= 10 samples )
[OrangeIcon] Steal_Att between 0.20 and 0.30 ( >= 10 samples )
[RedIcon] Steal_Att between 0.30 and 0.40 ( >= 10 samples )
[PurpleIcon] Steal_Att between 0.40 and 0.50 ( >= 10 samples )
[DarkblueIcon] Steal_Att between 0.50 and 0.60 ( >= 10 samples )
[LightblueIcon] Steal_Att between 0.60 and 1 ( >= 10 samples )

This resulted in "normal" diversification between the different colorIcons,
with 1.24 %, 8.06 %, 7.88 %, 5.88 %, 0.99 %, 4.27 %, and still 18.9 % for the "Uncategorized" part.

So, according to Hold'em Vision, the "Steal_Att" stat is something that you have to enter as decimals from 0 to 1

Conclusion: Against conventional wisdom on the forums, the Steal_Att doesn't range between 0 and 100, but between 0 and 1

6)
But, we aren't there yet.
Now that I think that I'm starting to understand how to enter "Steal_Att" rules,
I'm going to check it in the Replayer ( so not in Hold'em Vision )
I go to one of my sessions, click on a random hand to open up a random table from my database.
And every single player who has an icon, has got the Green Icon ( which means in my rulebook: a Steal_Att between 0 and 0.10 )
This is contradicting Hold'em Vision + this is contradicting the samples that are posted on the forums that have Steal_Att in it.

So confusing, but I'm not giving up yet.

Conclusion: I'm lost here.

7)
I remove all the rules from the Autorate rulebook and only enter one simple rule:
[GreenIcon] IF Steal_Att <= 0 ( >= 10 samples)

The result of this:
A green icon next to every single player.
So according to the replayer, everyone has a Steal_Att equal or less than 0

Conclusion: bugged for sure now

End Conclusion:
- Please give us some more clarification on Steal_Att, what is it, what's the formula, what's the range of the data supposed to be
- It's obviously bugged too. The only place where I could do something with the Steal_Att data, was in Hold'em Vision as you can read in Part 5 in my topic. That's the only place I could find, where it didn't seem too broken, but only after using a number range from 0.xx to 1.00

Sorry for the long post, but I hope there is lots of useful information in it for the developers to find and fix the issue. I also hope to find more clarification about what Steal_Att really is all about.
And please note: This is all done in Holdem Manager 1 , and also with its included version of Hold'em Vision

Mercadiator
10-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Anyone?

Patvs
10-05-2011, 07:07 PM
It will be fixed in the next update.