PDA

View Full Version : holdem manager error

dshiel
06-30-2009, 05:08 PM
hi ive tried to start holdem manager and have got the following error. it wont open. running vista - adminstrator thingy turned off.

" an error occurred while loading the preference files:could not load file or assembly ' system.xml.version=2.0.0.0. culture=neutral. public key token =b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. the system cannot find the file specified."

can you tell me please how to fix this so that its running again

fozzy71
06-30-2009, 06:03 PM
Can you please try deleting the (HUD) preferences file, and try to open HM and the HUD again.

C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config\prefs.xml

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config

If it opens up properly it will create a new default prefs file. If it still doesn't work I will contact the HUD developer and have him help us figure it out for you.

dshiel
06-30-2009, 07:08 PM
actaullly did this and it still giving same error

still not working
please help

dshiel
07-01-2009, 08:42 AM
this is still not working for me. any update on what i need to do. I followed your instructions in the reply and still get the exact same error.

looking forward to a reply.

thanks

fozzy71
07-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Not sure how I missed your reply last night, but I apologize. The 'New Posts' feature here doesn't seem to be as accurate as other vBulletin Forums (i.e. 2p2).

What version of HM is it? The only other things I can think to suggest are to try updating to the latest version, 1.09 Beta 10a - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

Or try uninstalling and reinstalling HM - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=98

Beyond that I would have to recommend you setup a teamviewer session with our support manager by emailing fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so you can schedule a Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com) session. Download and install the Teamviewer software using all the default settings.

dshiel
07-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Hi. I am running the latest version afaik. i used the link above and updated anyway but i think i was running the latest version prior to this error anyway.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling HM and i still get the same message when i try to open
HM.

No other ideas?

looks like i may have to set up a teamviewer session .

Thanks for all your help.

fozzy71
07-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Yes, please email fabio and setup a teamviewer session so we can get you up and running without too many more hassles or back and forth.

T33
08-03-2009, 01:14 AM
Hello.
I am running Windows XP SP2 and am receiving the same message as OP when loading HEM. The program had run on this computer with the same set up previously.
I went to delete the file C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config\prefs.xml as recommended, but it did not exist. Uninstalled and reinstalled, same problem. Updated to the beta and still same problem.
Did the OP get this resolved and if so, what was the solution? If not, do I need to schedule a TeamViewer session as well?
Thanks.

netsrak
08-03-2009, 03:18 AM
Please arrange a teamviewer session with fabio@holdemmanager.net

Send him a link to this thread please