PDA

View Full Version : tourney hands

lecho
06-30-2009, 12:24 PM
when i go to tourney>results>data view i see tourney which i played but i don't see any hands when i click on tourney... how to view hands for tourney or sng?

fozzy71
06-30-2009, 12:29 PM
They are supposed to appear in the bottom window, when you select a tourney in the top window. That doesn't happen? Did it ever work like I described? Do you see any hands if you go to the Tourney > Hands tab?

What version of HM? What operating system? What poker site?

lecho
06-30-2009, 12:48 PM
when i go to tourney>hands i see hands

but when i select one tourney in data view tab in most of tourneys and sng and don't see any hands, in some of them i see few hands, but when i played sng for an hour I should see more than 2 hands when i click on show all hands

i use 1.09 beta 9 HM, windows XP, site fulltilt

fozzy71
06-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Could you try to create a new DB and import the problem tourney's again? I am wondering if it's a problem with your database or postgresql.

If they act the same in the new DB, you can email them to support@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread, so the developer can take a look at them.

lecho
06-30-2009, 01:09 PM
created new DB and it's the same...

fozzy71
06-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Could you email the hand histories please. I will also ask the support manager for his input, and let you know what I find out, later this afternoon.

I encountered something similar with a couple customers this week, on their cash games tab. We ended up having to reinstall postgresql and recreate the DBs. I will try and find out what else we can try before we go that extreme.

fozzy71
06-30-2009, 03:31 PM
fabio and I think that it is either a firewall issue, or a problem with your PostgreSQL installation. Can you try to set exceptions in your firewall. (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171)

If that doesn't help, you can try uninstalling your firewall completely (if Windows firewall, just turn it off). Beyond that it may be necessary to reinstall PostgreSQL, like the other customers I saw with this issue, and import your hand histories again.

You must *fully* remove PostgreSQL if you want to install it again.

- Uninstall from control panel. add/remove programs
- manually delete the Program Files\Postgresql folders
- run the command (no quote marks) - start > run > 'cmd' > "net user postgres /delete"
- reboot.
- install again, as admin, with UAC off.

After re-installing SQL the first thing I do is turn off Logging before your re-import, and Defrag to clean up my hard-drive from having deleted the old DB. It's also a good idea to download and run the SQL Performance Tuning package. Below is a summary of those steps.

- Start > My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View > UnCheck 'Hide Extensions for known file types' > OK

- C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\postgresql.conf > Right-Click > Open With.. > NotePad > Check 'Always use this program'

- Scroll about half way down to ~Lines 245 - 260:

- The last line of this block of code, for the 'logging_collector', must be changed from Off to On.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# ERROR REPORTING AND LOGGING
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# - Where to Log -

log_destination = 'stderr' # Valid values are combinations of
# stderr, csvlog, syslog and eventlog,
# depending on platform. csvlog
# requires logging_collector to be on.

# This is used when logging to stderr:
logging_collector = off # Enable capturing of stderr and csvlog

File > Save; File > Close

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload Configuration.

*edit:
- Start > My Computer > C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, or C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, if you have 64 bit Vista. Delete all files in that folder. And it might be a good idea to empty your recycle bin at that point, or use a 3rd party utility like CCleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com) to clean up all your junk/temporary files. You want to do this before you get to the vacuum and defrag process.

- You can follow this FAQ for other ways to make HEM run faster. One of the most important steps is the defrag. I personally use Defraggler (http://www.defraggler.com/) on my PC. Make sure you Stop the PostgreSQL service before you defrag, and Start it back up after, so it will defrag properly.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=162

- You can also use the SQL Tuning Wizard :

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=172

lecho
07-01-2009, 07:49 AM
well... i just had filter on - 2 players hands or something like that... ;)

fozzy71
07-01-2009, 09:14 AM
hehe

That is my new default answer to every question now: 'Please make sure all Filters are cleared'.

:D