PDA

View Full Version : Poor Performance

devon06atX
06-30-2009, 03:36 AM
Hey there, I have quite a problem for you guys. I've been (happily) been using HEM for over 3-4 months now, mostly been happy due to your superior HEM performance as compared to PT3.

anyways, very recently I've started having serious problems with the HUD. It's getting super super choppy as soon as I start multi-tabling. I've done everything and some with regards to fixing up my laptop to run smoothly with my anti-whatever. I've opened up all the ports, all the HH folders, all the programs, and everything on pokerstars works perfectly... until i load up the HEM HUD.

It was only about 2 weeks ago or so when I completely cleaned out my computer, set it back to factory settings, and then downloaded every update possible. So, it's not a personal laptop problem, nor is it a port/anti-virus problem.

This problem only started yesterday after I purged a database and then vaccum-ran it following the instructions on this website.

Basically, since I've ran the purge/vaccum update the HUD performance has gone to shit, and considering this is my job, I really really.. really really need some help.

I'm only semi-computer savvy, I've set my theme to classic or whatever (as i had in the past), computer is clean, newest version of HEM, all the ports/programs/folders are by-passed from both ESET and windows defender/firewall, computer has no performance/hardware issues... it's a supped up inspiron 1520, so basically, something is killing it. and it's very hard to work due to this.

anyways.. any and all help will be GREATLY appreciated.. since uhhh, this is basically my livelihood we're talking about. I specifically left from PT3 to HEM simply for the better performance. don't get me wrong, the other added benefits are huge.. and I love HEM much more.. but i'm just saying ;) I need the hud, and it's much more important than anything else. I literally haven't even checked the PT3 forums since I bought this program and everything was working smoothly - until yesterday when i purged/vaccumed, and everything died.

Sorry if I sound sort of urgent or rude, fact of the matter is, this IS urgent, and this IS important to me.

anyways.. thanks for your input - you guys are great with this sort of stuff, this is true.

cheers

fozzy71
06-30-2009, 08:14 AM
Try running thru this list of performance tips and see if it helps. All of them may not be applicable. If you have any questions about any of the items/procedures just ask.

http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?p=62613&posted=1#post62613