PDA

View Full Version : don't understand limits filter

JohnAuston
06-30-2009, 12:47 AM
I'm afraid I don't fully understand the "Filter by Limits" "Include hands from other limits" setting on the HUD Filter screen.

What does it mean? Should it normally be checked? The "Help" file is not helpful in shedding light on this item.
Thanks

fozzy71
06-30-2009, 08:06 AM
If you uncheck that filter, and were playing NL50, your opponents stats would only be compiled and displayed for them, from the level you are currently playing them at. Their stats won't include any information from stakes they have played higher or lower.

JohnAuston
06-30-2009, 08:27 AM
Thanks you! That makes it perfectly clear.

Since I have only been playing games within a narrow range of NL ( $25 and $50 buyin) limits, the stats I have on others are also from those games, and it probably is OK to leave it checked. When I get way more stats quantity, I'll probably uncheck it. Does that make sense?

Also, I would not want to ever mix limit and no-limit stats, right?

fozzy71
06-30-2009, 09:20 AM
Thanks you! That makes it perfectly clear.

Since I have only been playing games within a narrow range of NL ( $25 and $50 buyin) limits, the stats I have on others are also from those games, and it probably is OK to leave it checked. When I get way more stats quantity, I'll probably uncheck it. Does that make sense?

Yes. It is rather important at the micro-stakes. You probably don't want to be using any of their nl2 stats when you are playing them on nl25. ;)

Also, I would not want to ever mix limit and no-limit stats, right?

Correct, but I think it is more important to filter by the number of players seated, so you aren't getting full-ring stats while playing short-handed.

JohnAuston
06-30-2009, 10:29 AM
[QUOTE=fozzy71;62645]Yes. It is rather important at the micro-stakes. You probably don't want to be using any of their nl2 stats when you are playing them on nl25. ;)

Sorry for the dumb, beginners question, but there would be no chance of getting nl2 stats in there, if I have never played the np2 game, right? I only get stats on players for games I am in myself, right? So far, I have only played NL25 and NL50.