PDA

View Full Version : Confused about Error: 42P07

Keyser112
06-29-2009, 11:56 PM
I have searched the FAQ section but cannot find an answer to my problem.

I attempted to use my laptop today, that I haven't used in 6 months, and I re-installed Hold'em Manager. However, now I am getting this message:

ERROR: 42P07 relation 'hemplayernotes' already exists. Please close down any programs accessing the database.

I have already manually unblocked all of the 3 exe. files suggested on the website but now I am lost.

Any help? Thanks

fozzy71
06-30-2009, 08:00 AM
If you are on vista, please make sure that UAC is turned off and you are running the EXE as administrator. Also make sure you installed the latest beta version, 1.09 beta 9 - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

Can you try searching your Holdem Manager folder for 'hemplayernotes'? If you find it, try deleting it, and see if HM will restart. My HM is working normally and I don't have a file named 'hmplayernotes'. I do have an 'ExportedNotes' file.

Let me know how that goes. If you are still having problems, and I don't have any more ideas, we will get you setup with a remote support session.

Keyser112
06-30-2009, 10:00 AM
I am using XP, it is on my old laptop that I haven't used in a while. So the running as administrator didn't apply, although I did look for that option.

I also couldn't find that file anywhere in my Manager folder.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

fozzy71
06-30-2009, 10:10 AM
No, I don't, but I will try and find out for you from the other support guys or developers, ASAP.

fozzy71
06-30-2009, 10:20 AM
Try creating a new Database in the dbcontrolpanel.exe

Keyser112
06-30-2009, 06:46 PM
how do i do this? sorry i'm a computer noob.

i just tried opening it and i got this message: DBControlPanel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

fozzy71
06-30-2009, 08:23 PM
I personally wouldn't know what to suggest, other than uninstalling and reinstalling PostgreSQL, and probably HM as well. You said that you reinstalled HM today, did you also reinstall PostgreSQL today, or was it already installed?

If you do try to uninstall SQL you also need to make sure you delete the postgres user account:

You must *fully* remove PostgreSQL if you want to install it again.

- Uninstall from control panel.
- manually delete the Program Files\Postgresql folders
- run the command "net user postgres /delete"
- reboot.
- install again, as admin, with UAC off.

Beyond that I would suggest you setup a remote support session with our support manager. Please email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so you can schedule a Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com) session. Download and install the Teamviewer software using all the default settings.

Keyser112
07-07-2009, 03:06 PM
thank you for your time. i ended up just deleting everything and re-installing it.
i lost my entire database, but it was old anyway so it's no big deal.