PDA

View Full Version : FATAL 28000: role "postgres" does not exist

RoyalTomek
06-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Hi,

I proceeded as suggested in the Installation Guide but got the following message in Step 8: FATAL 28000: role "postgres" does not exist.

I've already an other poker database program (Pokerstrategy Elephant) that uses PostgreSQL an everything works fine there.

What can I do?

fozzy71
06-29-2009, 02:33 PM
If you are certain you already have postgresql installed, you don't want to install it again. You would want to connect to your existing PostgreSQL server and create a HM DB in addition to your existing PE Database. You will either need the ID and Password for SQL, or you will need to confgure SQL so it doesn't require one.

You must set the postgresql authentication mode for localhost (127.0.0.1) to "trust".

Do this:
Click: "Start -> Programs -> PostgreSQL 8.x -> Configuration files -> Edit pg_hba.conf"

It will open a notepad with some text.

Scroll all the way to the bottom, you should see a line reading this:

#IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5

Edit the "md5" to "trust", no quotes. It should now read:

#IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust

Save the pg_hba.conf file, and close notepad.

Click: "Start -> Programs -> PostgreSQL 8.x -> Reload configuration"

netsrak
06-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Other possible solutions:

In Elephant you find the database connection infos under Help->Info. You can use the user (elephant?) and the password posted there for the database connection.
or

connect to your database server via pgadmin and create a new role 'postgres' (you find it at the bottom) with the same permissions as the existing elephant role.

RoyalTomek
06-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks for your answers. I took the username and password from PE and it worked.

Christophilius
06-03-2010, 04:51 PM
for beginning, i appologize for my english, very very bad ...

OK, i'm a HM's user since 8 month and it's works good.
I play on Winamax, Pokerstar, Everest and few other minor site and i have never had a problem with that.

Today, when i clicked on "Holdem Manager shortcut" i had this message:

"Holdem manager has found some poker sites on your computer and added the hand history folders to the auto import list and created a backup folder in c:\HMArchive for imported hands. Please check Option - auto import folders to ensute that the list is complet"

I must click on ok.

And the database control panel's window are opening.

When i tried to connect, i can read this message:

Connection Error: FATAL: 28000: "Authentification" by password failed for postgres

http://nsa15.casimages.com/img/2010/06/03/100603104951490151.jpg (http://www.casimages.com)

I dont understand. i have never changed my password

Christophilius
06-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Click: "Start -> Programs -> PostgreSQL 8.x -> Configuration files -> Edit pg_hba.conf"

--> Start --> programs --> postgresql 8.4 : OK
I don't have "configuration files"

I have
--> Documentation
--> Application stack builder
--> PGadminIII
--> Reload configuration
--> Restart Server
--> SQL Shell (psql)
--> Start Server
--> Stop Server

netsrak
06-04-2010, 07:05 AM
Stop the server and use your workplace or explorer to navigate to the postgresql installation folder and look for the pg_hba.conf file, i'm not sure in which subfolder you find it (can't check it at the moment).

Open the file with a texteditor like notepad and change it.

Zielony2009
02-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Excuse me, but I speak little English.
I have a similar problem as in this thread.
When you start holdemmanagera show me the following message: The Following error occurred When trying to open the database: FATAL: database 3D000 'holdemmanager' does not exist
Then there is a second window holdemmanagera, then the horizontal blue box "Connect to PostgreSQL"
Well I type in the box and I received an error such as in the post "Christophilius.
The pg_hba.conf file, all is well. There is no md5 only is trust.

Please help. Ask questions if something was not clear.

Patvs
02-03-2011, 06:16 PM
First to to open dbcontrolpanel.exe--> connect--> and create a new database.
If you can't connect:

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

Zielony2009
02-04-2011, 01:29 PM
PostgreSQL has helped to completely uninstall.

Thank you for your help.