PDA

View Full Version : Can't install postgreSQL !!!

aaron
08-18-2008, 07:15 PM
when postgreSQL is installing it suddenly stops and i get this error

Failed to run initdb: 1!
please see logfile bla bla

when i check he logfile it says ( translated) :

this application cant be started because the configuration next to each other is wrong .

than after clicking ok it uninstalls everything

anyone???

morny
08-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Have you tried completely uninstalling it and then reinstalling it again? What version are you installing?

aaron
08-19-2008, 12:07 PM
yes i tried several times i even formatted my whole computer
the version is 1.06.01e
i use vista ( did evrything the install instructions said )

morny
08-19-2008, 06:44 PM
You mentioned 1.06.01e, which is the HM version but has postgreSQL installed successfully and if not can you give me the link to the postgtresql file so i can see what version of postgres your trying to install

aaron
08-19-2008, 08:00 PM
no postrqsl hasnt installed sucesfully

http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/postgres.zip

if this isnt the link you meant please explain which one you mean because im not sure.
gr Aaron

morny
08-20-2008, 12:40 PM
Can you make sure youve UAC disabled and if not disable it and reboot and then uninstall Postgres via control panel and reinstall again http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=73. If its still causing problems email me at morny@holdemmanager.net if you want me to do a www.teamviewer.com session to have a look and try and install it for you. let me know a suitable time im on GMT

aaron
08-21-2008, 09:04 AM
thanx a lot for fixing the problem man
appreciate it !

jasdell
08-23-2008, 02:20 AM
Hey, I'm having this same problem now with postgres.

I was wondering if you could tell me how you fixed it or maybe do a teamviewer session with me. I thought I had postgres fixed before but I'm just having alot of trouble with it.

I've already had one team viewer session that ended in me restarting the computer without my firewalls, but when I restarted my computer it just went to this black screen and would never load my desktop so after fooling around with it in safe mode and finding out the tech support wouldn't help me cause the guy I bought my comp from on ebay didn't transfer ownership or something I wound up restoring my computer to factory settings...so yea...

I'm just hoping this is some kick ass software haha.

You can email me at jasdell@gmail.com

morny
08-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Can you explain exactly what the problem is with PostgreSQL as there are lots of reasons why it might not be working so i need as much details as possible to narrow it down rather than giving you lots of things to try that probably wont help

jasdell
08-24-2008, 02:46 PM
I got it. All I had to do is install service pack 1 for vista since I had wiped it all out and everything...

So I'm just about set to start trying it and hoping its everything I've been told.

pinetop
08-24-2008, 07:14 PM
hi I'm also having trouble loading postgeSQL ive down loaded and unzipped ver 8.3 from the lik provided and followed your instructions, however when the insalation reached the point of "Initializing database cluster" i get the following error "failed to run initdb: 1!" and the installer then rollsback all actions. I've tried uninstalling a few times but still have the same message. My OS is vista and my admin is turned off.

Hope you can help

Pinetop

morny
08-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Hi,

Googled that error and came up with this http://www.postgresqlforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=190

If that solution dosent work id recommend posting on them forums to see if someone from PostgreSQL can look into your problem

It'sMe
01-09-2009, 07:24 AM
hi I'm also having trouble loading postgeSQL ive down loaded and unzipped ver 8.3 from the lik provided and followed your instructions, however when the insalation reached the point of "Initializing database cluster" i get the following error "failed to run initdb: 1!" and the installer then rollsback all actions. I've tried uninstalling a few times but still have the same message. My OS is vista
Have same problem. U finded any resolution?

It'sMe
01-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Have same problem. U finded any resolution?

I found a ton posts in google with this problem, but don't find any solution. =(

It'sMe
01-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Ok, i just used postregsql 3.2.11, and all work fine now.