PDA

View Full Version : restoring my database, import errors

malfaire
06-28-2009, 08:34 PM
okay, so i followed the advice in the FAQ with backing up my HEM database, which was massive. one thing i should have done was purge hands, but oh well.
i backed up in two ways.

1. backed up via pgAdminIII. the restoration process has been crap as my computer has restarted a few times during it / slept, etc. i have about ~5gb compressed back up, which means i have about 15gbs in uncompressed text hhs. it'll take a while.

2. exported hh's. i did this via the database mgmt tool. the fun part is that when i tried to reimport these hands is that i get nearly all errors. when i look at the hh's, it looks smashed together (very little spacing / formatting) when pulled into Notepad, yet when i copy/paste here, all formatting is present.

i'm really just trying to restore this damn thing. any advice on rectifying the 2nd option? btw, hands which i rightclick/export just in the Hands tab have reimported just fine.

malfaire
06-29-2009, 02:51 AM
most of these are for pokerstars and im running 1.08.04

malfaire
06-29-2009, 03:09 AM
just did a few searches on others with this problem -- i created a new DB and the import seems to be working fine (so far)

just a note for you guys that the database which was generating errors was relatively new (4 days old) as well

netsrak
06-29-2009, 03:44 AM
For Pokerstars please use the latest beta: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

malfaire
06-29-2009, 05:32 AM
thanks -- after writing the first update i upgraded and was still getting errors; seemed that the new database solution was the one that solved it (still importing now)