PDA

View Full Version : HM displays incorrect calculations

hurla64
09-28-2011, 06:43 PM
After most sessions I play, I check what HM says my total won or lost dollars is and I adjust my bankroll spreadsheet by that amount. In theory, this should always match what is actually in my Pokerstars account. But it's always a dollar or two off. I don't know if it's because of missing hands or not, but I can't solve the problem.

I have upgraded to the latest version of HM.
I have cleared all filters.
I have imported the archive folder.

None of this seems to work. Why are my Pokerstars account and HM giving me different amounts for dollars won/lost per session?

Patvs
09-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Try reimporting the hands into a NEW database: Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager

Do any hands import as import errors?
If you're missing handhistories, email PokerStars and request ALL your handhistories, and also import those files into a new database.

hurla64
10-02-2011, 12:59 PM
I tried reimporting into a new database and I got Pokerstars to email me all the hand histories. However, the problem remains. Every time I play, there is a discrepancy between what HM says I won or lost and what is actually left in my Pokerstars account. The discrepancy is always small, but nonetheless I want to know why the figures do no tally.
Do you have any more suggestions?

Patvs
10-02-2011, 11:51 PM
set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) with regional settings English (United States)

clear filters (even though it appears no filters are selected)

hurla64
10-07-2011, 01:38 PM
I tried using the different date format and clearing all the filters, but the problem remains. Almost every session I play, the HM win/loss is different to my Pokerstars cashier amount.

Sarek
10-08-2011, 10:59 AM
1) Different currencies?
2) If you close table too fast, room don't writes hand in file.
3) split pots - HM can think you lost this pot

hurla64
10-09-2011, 07:40 AM
The currency is always US dollars so that shouldn't be a problem. HM can't understand split pots? Really?

Anyway, I noticed something interesting about this problem. I ALWAYS have a little LESS in my Pokerstars account than I should. If HM says I won $10, there'll be $9.75 more in my PS account. If HM says I lost $10, there'll be $10.25 less in my account. Those figures are examples, but it's a recurring theme. Does HM calculate rake properly?

fozzy71
10-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Please duplicate the problem with screen shots:

- of your balance before and after the session
- and your Cash Games > Sessions display

Then email us the screen shots with all the hands from that day so we can see the problem and try to duplicate it.

Email these files to hm2support@holdemmanager.com