PDA

View Full Version : Rakeback + Allin EV graph

requiem
09-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Hello!

I configured my Holdem manager, to have 63% Rakeback. I played about 30K hands, and got this graph:

I had a conversation with a highly respected poker player, so I opened this thread. Here's some quote:

> My real question, and this is why I started the thread, is to find out that,
> how it is possible, that my EV is nearly exactly the same as my winnings + RB
> so constantly along the whole graph. The two graph is so close. That seems
> pretty strange for me. Do you think it's in the standard variance topic?

That is a very interesting part of your graph. I have never used the rakeback line before. Is this something you configure in holdem manager? I wonder if somehow the rakeback line is being incorrectly calculated. Maybe post these graphs on the holdem manager forums and ask them? It does seem rather odd for it to follow the all in ev line so close. It must be some kind of bug in the program or configuration issue i think.

Is it a bug, or variance?

Thanks a lot!

requiem

requiem
09-28-2011, 02:43 PM
I just saw, it's in the wrong thread. Please put it in the good one. I use the "old" HEM

Patvs
09-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Are all of this Holdem hands? (since we have an all-in bug in Omaha)

It should just be a coincidence. To prove this, you can try two things:
-1 instead of 63% rakeback, change it to 25%.
If the graph then looks "normal", it's just a coincidence the rakeback (when set to 63%) and All-in EV line now seem to "follow each other so close".

-2 We had a Holdem EV bug 1.11.05 - 1.11.05d (fixed in 1.11.05e and also didn't occur in earlier versions) If you ever imported hands into the affected versions, please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe
create a new database and reimport the hands.

requiem
09-29-2011, 03:09 AM
So here is what i did:

- Changed the rb to 25%. The $ and the EV line stayed the same, the RB line went down normally,nothing unexpected happened.

- Exported all the hands, installed the latest update, imported all the hands. My graph is the same as in the old version.

- There are omaha and holdem hands too. What bug do you have exactly? (btw when i filtered only holdem hands, the EV and the RB line stayed the same close too)

thanks!

requiem

Patvs
09-29-2011, 03:53 AM
There is an EV bug for some all-in situations for Omaha. (if you have a 50% chance to win a hand... HM will show you have either 99% EV or 1% EV because it's making a mistake using the ICM model) This will be fixed as soon as possible. (and this highly affects the "Luck Adjusted Winnings" of STT players. It actually shouldn't really affect you as it evens out over a large sample size of cash game hands)

Since you already filtered for Holdem only, the rakeback line (when set to 63%) and All-in EV line being so close is just a coincidence. The 34k sample size is so small.