PDA

View Full Version : Missing hands at ends of tournaments

bad_egg
06-27-2009, 07:44 PM
I'm looking through the Data View of the Tourney>Results and on a large number (more than 50%) of the tournaments that I don't finish in the money in, I can't find my final hands.. sometimes it is just the last hand that is missing, sometimes 2 or 3 hands.

I'm missing the final hands on some of the tournaments that I do finish ITM, but it is a smaller percentage.

I've tried reimporting the hand histories, and the hands are still not there. They are there in the hand histories though.

Thanks

fozzy71
06-27-2009, 07:46 PM
What Operating System? What version of HEM? What poker site?? Have you imported all the tournament summaries?

bad_egg
06-27-2009, 07:56 PM
XP, HM 1.09beta6a... PokerStars ... hands were autoimported at time of play, and then when I noticed the missing hands, I reimported manually (it then said that all the hands were duplicates)-- but I still can't find the final hands in HM... they are in the txt histories though.

Every hand seems to be there in every tournament, except for the last one or two in about half of the tournaments.

I haven't imported the tournament summaries. Is that necessary?

bad_egg
06-27-2009, 08:07 PM
I've imported the tournament summaries now... it didn't change anything.

fozzy71
06-27-2009, 08:20 PM
You need 1.09 Beta 7 or greater to work with the recent stars update (~ a week ago).

Current version is 1.09 Beta 9 - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

You can always find out what the latest beta is in the releases forum - http://208.109.95.123/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

bad_egg
06-27-2009, 08:42 PM
I've just downloaded and installed the beta9 version.

reimported all of my June hand histories... it found about 400 non-duplicate hands...

I'm still not finding the final hands on many recent tournaments-- haven't looked back very far though.

bad_egg
06-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Am I using HM correctly?

I should be able to see a list of every hand for the tournament right? I select a tourney in the Tourney>Results>Data View, and below are all that hands that I played, showing increasing blinds-- all the way up to the end... right?

fozzy71
06-27-2009, 08:50 PM
You could email support@pokerstars.com and ask them for every hand history you have ever played. I did it a few months ago, to make sure I hadn't missed importing any while playing. The tourney summaries are automated and only go back 200 games, but the hand histories are kept on file for ever according to support.

I will forward this thread to the developer so he is aware of the issue.

bad_egg
06-27-2009, 08:59 PM
The problem is that I have the hand histories--- and they clearly show the last hands of the tournaments, and HM is, for some reason, either not importing them or not showing them.

SNGwiz shows the final hands, or by opening the txt files. That's what is so frustrating.

And unfortunately, I think these missing hands will end up doing nothing except show me that my bad luck streak is even worse than what HM has been showing--- the discrepancy between luck adjusted winnings and winnings is the problem I've been trying to track down which led me to noticing the missing hands.

bad_egg
06-27-2009, 09:55 PM
and it's not just missing hands at the end of the tournaments--- I'm showing that I'm missing a few hands here and there within the tournaments as well.

I've tried cutting a missing hand out of the hand history, saving it as a txt file, and importing manually. it says it's a duplicate hand...

but I can't find the hand anywhere... it's not even in the Tourney>Hands tab

fozzy71
06-27-2009, 09:58 PM
It was likely missing hands because you didn't have 1.09 beta 7+, to work with the recent stars update, I would assume. See if it finds some of the missing hands, in the archive that stars support sends you. I did forward this to the developer earlier, to see if he knows why, or is at least made aware.

bad_egg
06-27-2009, 10:12 PM
I don't understand---

my HM is now updated. it should now be able to read the hand histories that I have stored on my hard drive. it is missing hands, or misplacing hands (since it says that my missing hands are duplicates)...

Stars will send me the exact same hands that I already have. why would HM do anything different with them?

Maybe purging all of those records from my database and then reimporting them would be something different to try?

fozzy71
06-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Try copying your original HHs to a different/new folder (or else rename the text files), and then manually importing them. If it is the same HH file, in the same folder, it won't even attempt to import it again.

You could always try creating a new/2nd database, if you wanted, yes.

I would also suggest updating to beta 9. - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

bad_egg
06-27-2009, 10:36 PM
I hate this software. I can't even purge hands. I hate that there isn't an email address for support, and instead requires public humiliation to ask a question. I hate that SOMEHOW we have to realize which BETA update is necessary to make things work, because auto-checking for license is so much easier and more necessary than auto-checking for an update. I hate that I've wasted hours of my time screwing around with this thing when I should have been busy continuing my losing streak.

Should purging hands be so difficult? Did I not read the manual correctly?

Dropdown menu Options>Purge Hands
Select Tourney
Uncheck box that says "do not delete hands by"
Select dates Jun 1st 2009 to Jun 27th 2009
Click Purge Hands
Click that I'm sure

0 hands deleted..

WTF.

bad_egg
06-27-2009, 10:37 PM
all of this, since you first suggested updating, has been beta 9.

bad_egg
06-27-2009, 11:15 PM
At least on todays tournaments, creating a new database and reimporting seems to work.

I don't know why I can't purge hands. I don't know where the missing hands in the old database were pointed at-- since they were somewhere in there, but not available... I don't know why HM doesn't let their customers know when we need to update, so that we don't have to waste our time reimporting hundreds of thousands of hands. How insane is it that the current rate of 35 hand/s, it will take at least 24 hours for me to redo my database because of this nonsense.

I don't know why the only working version of the software is BETA. Shouldn't BETA be for new features, add-ons, trial and error stuff, and whenever something necessary changes--like, I don't know, updates that affect the import of hand histories-- , shouldn't that be immediately incorporated into a stable release?

I don't get it. I think maybe I was spoiled by years of PokerTracker, and perhaps should have tried PT3 before listening to the glowing reviews of this trainwreck. But I didn't, because it was still BETA.

Really-- would it be too difficult to keep us updated on hand history changes? I don't need regular auto-updates with the latest and greatest "live tracking" crap that breaks the HUD--- I just don't think it's too much to ask to be able to import hands into our databases without everything getting fcked.

fozzy71
06-27-2009, 11:20 PM
Purging isn't the same thing as deleting.

How do I purge hand histories? (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=107)

How do I completely delete hand histories from my database? (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=152)

The HM FAQs are located here - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx

If you are still having problems, and would like some remote support assistance please email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so you can schedule a Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com)session. Download and install the Teamviewer software using all the default settings.

bad_egg
06-27-2009, 11:30 PM
What I posted--- is exactly the directions for completely deleting-- which is what I was trying to do, and happens to be called "Purge Hands" under the dropdown Options menu... No?

How do I completely delete hand histories from my database?

Answer / Solution

To completely delete hand histories from your database, do the following:

1. Launch Holdem Manager if you haven't already.
2. Navigate to Options > Purge Hands. The Purge Hands dialog should pop up.
3. Select your requirements based on game type, stakes, poker site and date.
4. When you've selected your requirements, click on Purge Hands.

Note: This completely deletes the hands and stats from the database for good. There is also another option to purge hands where it only deletes the hand history information but keeps the stats. Search Purge Hands for more information on this.

fozzy71
06-27-2009, 11:41 PM
I didn't say you weren't doing the proper process. I wouldn't have any way of knowing that, from the one sentence you posted about purging. I just wanted you to be fully aware of the 2 different processes, in case you didn't know.

I am sorry you are having problems with the software. As I said, if you would like some assistance via remote support, please email fabio, and he can help you sort it out one on one. We usually try a little bit of back and forth on the forums first, before resorting to remote support. The forums are much more effective than getting support via email, but obviously not as accurate as a remote support session, for solving the issue.

bad_egg
06-28-2009, 12:12 AM
I posted the exact process that I followed in my attempt to delete hands from the database.. menus, boxes that I clicked unclick, etc.

I don't like this software. I think there is potential... the HUD is good. Things run fairly quick. Definitely-- I don't think that the way updates are handled is right. I think that rather than developing new features, your software people should get the basics working first.

#1- Notify your clients of critical updates. What software company doesn't do that except this one? I don't know what is more basic than that.

So whatever... Sorry that I'm being a jerk. But really-- something needs to be changed... it's ridonkulous.

fozzy71
06-28-2009, 12:23 AM
I apologize, I was looking at the 2nd of your posts about purging, not the first one. Either way, it wouldn't do me a lot of good, because I am a cash game player, and don't have much experience yet on the Tourney tabs. That is why I suggested you have fabio help you directly, via remote support. He has tourney experience, and knows the software in n out. He can probably get you sorted out in an hour or so, once you get connected.

FWIW, The download page has 2 different update patches listed,along with a link to the Forums. The update notification system is highly requested, and high on the priority list at the UserVoice (http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/pages/5307-holdem-manger-suggestions) suggestion site, but I don't know when the actual ETA is.

http://holdemmanager.net/download.html

Holdem Manager Suite 1.08.04 Patch
If you have a previous version of Hold'em Manager you can download the Updated Version

Holdem Manager Beta 1.09 Beta 7 Patch
If you have a previous version of Hold'em Manager you can download the Updated test Version. The 1.09 version currently includes new features such as Cake support, updates for Ongame and Stars software updates and an extended fish finder scanner free trial but it is not ready for official release.

*Go to the Forum if you’re interested in Downloading Beta versions of Hold'em Manager

Bingo_Babe
06-28-2009, 12:44 AM
I'm actually having a somewhat similar issue with Cake. It doesn't happen on a regular basis, but maybe 5% of the time.

fozzy71
06-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Could you please email some of the problematic hand histories to support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum user name.

Thank you.

ShakeMyAZ
07-28-2009, 09:43 PM
nevermind