PDA

View Full Version : Hand Range - Tool

obwohl
06-26-2009, 04:19 PM
Hi,

this tooll is really, really great - actually one of the best things I've ever seen to analyze poker in a very easy and precise way. So, here are some things you could do to make it even greater:

a)
Make a range for Hero! This would be superior. Now i could play with my perceived range etc.

b) I want to save my analysis! I want to export it so i can post it into forums or send it to friends to discuss!

c) More possibilities to manipulate hand-combos (like calling with the combos of A5 on a Th8h2d flop what would be the Ah5x because of the backdoor flush)

d) if a) is possible - G-Bucks calculation should be possible!

e) what i mentioned in another topic: It would be great to have the Skansky-Chubkov-Ranking not only with the %-Slider but also with the ev+ in relation to effective stacksize in bigblinds-slider. This should be pretty easy actually - just a static list from http://www2.decf.berkeley.edu/~chubukov/rankings.html .

f) I would love to have more than one possible ranges for villian - for example on pessimistic and one optimistic or whatever - the thing is: If you are pessimistic or optimistic on the flop, the river ranges could be completely different and therefore two possible ranges can not be merged very easy into one (it's possible but not easy). The mixing could be done afterwards by holdemmanager - I decide how to mix.

Thx for that tool anyway!

fozzy71
06-26-2009, 04:34 PM
I will forward this thread and your suggestions to the developer.

Mike chops
06-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Thx for the input.

a) The range for hero is a good idea, but would take some time to implement.

b) You can't just take a screenshot? Outputting a range in text is pretty complicated - more so than poker stove because card suits can be important.

c) The problem is working out the UI to enable someone to select Ah5x.

d) yeah if we get round to a

e) You can already your own custom range. Go to config\preflopRanges and add a file. You should be sure it has all the combos and is in ther same format as the others.

f) I was thinking of blurring the edges of ranges, so if you 3 bet 5% it didnt mean AJ+ or whatever, but would be weighted to include 80% of the top 5% and 20% the next 5%... I dunno if I'll get around to it tho.

I had been working on allowing you to edit the board and hero cards. You should see that soon.

obwohl
06-26-2009, 06:04 PM
a) Are you planning to do that?

b) and how is HM calculating the eq in the backend? There's a non-graphical representation I guess.

c) PM

d) yes... :)

e) It is not an issue with the ranking but with the interface - the ranking is already there: "Sklansky-Chubkov" is already implemented and exactly this one http://www2.decf.berkeley.edu/~chubukov/rankings.html but the slider should show me the amounts of biggblinds where a push is ev+ rather than the %

f) Sry, I did mean sth. different - I want to have any amount of these Hand-Range-Windows for every player at the table and I can connect them with some sophisticated rules. An example would be: Your villian does mix it up very well and he's not checkraising K92r only with air and nuts but also with Kx - so it would be nice to represent that mixing in three different windows. Of couse you can represent any line in ONE range but it's easier and more exact to do like 3 possible lines and AFTER doing every single range-window till the river, I say: a) 10%, b) 50% d) 40% - and holdemmanager creates a new final range-window - THIS is more exactly than I could do by guessing on every street. Actually if your Villian plays game-theoretical mixed strategies - like 3betting 78o form BTN to your CO open 37% than this is the only possibility to represent that - it is not possible with hand-combos!
I hope I could make it clear what I mean - sry for my bad English.
Actually there could be more examples where this is important - when you are playing in a non-trivial 3-handed situation postflop you need quite a lot handrange-windows.

To your proposal for polarized ranges - I think that could be made with some predefined ranges or with a "polarisation-factor". Your blurring-factor sounds quite interesting as well.

"
I had been working on allowing you to edit the board and hero cards. You should see that soon."

Cool.

Onetouch
07-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Where can I find a descreption of how the Hand range tool works?

fozzy71
07-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Where can I find a descreption of how the Hand range tool works?

Great question. :p

Kinda embarrassed, but I don't even know how to open it yet.

I will find out for the both of us. ;)

Onetouch
07-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Great thx

Mike chops
07-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Click on one of the player buttons in the Replayer. Or launch it from Tools. If you click on the help button, you will get an idea - though I wrote that before I made the hole and board cards edittable.

Onetouch
07-08-2009, 06:33 PM
So it only works in the replayer, and not during playing a table?

henell75
08-01-2009, 10:21 AM
I would like to use the Hand Range tool when I play.

Not only in the replayer.

Thanks

netsrak
08-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Tools->Hand Range tools

wrap_it
08-20-2009, 05:37 AM
Not sure if this has been asked before but what is the "inc combos with" box for and how does it work?

Respawn
11-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Not sure if this has been asked before but what is the "Inc combos" box for and how does it work?

+1

I think "Inc combos" is supposed to let me exclude specific cards from his range but it does not seem to be working at all?!

A couple of other things:

1. It would be nice to have a display that just tells you the total number of combinations you have selected.

2. It does not seem to remember the settings of the check boxes on the bottom right (graphic suits, 4 color suits)

3. I think the user interface could use some improvements. It is not very user friendly and looks quite messy to be honest. I believe it is a nice tool, it just could be done a little better so maybe you could tidy it up a little.

wrap_it
11-29-2009, 08:00 PM
Definitely. Probably include another slider that can deselect the strongest draws the same way as the other sliders and make it possible for users to de/select specific card combinations in the main window or so.

Another nice-to-have feature would be a possibility to input the handstrength by which the draws slider is measured. Right now it says equity vs TP which is pretty useless when the board is 6h3h2h. If one could choose from a set of presets or something else this tool would be pretty nasty.