AJL_5
06-26-2009, 01:46 PM
I've just purged about ALL my DB!!! :eek:

Can I recover it in some way?

Thanks for your help.

PS: PANIC!!!!!!!

fozzy71
06-26-2009, 01:53 PM
I did the same thing the other day. I had filtered for my pokerstars name, and then went to the purge option, and forgot to select my alias instead. Nuked 100k hands.

I created a new DB in HM. Import From Folder > C:\HMArchive
*if you don't have this folder, you may have chosen another directory, and we can find that out thru your HoldemManager.config file.

Now do the purge again, but make sure you select your Alias Name, for the 'Do Not Delete Hands Played By:'

Now you want to export your properly purged DB to Text Files. You will still have the same number of exported text files, but the ones with purged hands will be empty/blank where those hands were.

Make another new DB and import those text files from the purged DB.

My DB went from 285k hands w/ 60k players, to 235k hands and 45k players. I then was able to delete my 2nd DB, and finally vacuum and defrag.

AJL_5
06-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Thank you for your fast answer.

When I finished writing this I left home, then I realized the hands would be in that directory (a different one for me) or on the poker software directory.

When I read your answer I looked for it. And there they were. HM is now importing 1k+ files from Prima. :D

PS: I thought purge meant 'delete hands with errors'. :cool:

Thanks again. Won't open that menu soon. :^p

fozzy71
06-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Purge is for getting rid of old hands, typically datamined hands, which is why you choose the option to not delete your alias/site name. I did mine the other day and got rid of 50k observed hands out of 285k total in my DB. If you pick your name to not delete, and then select all stakes, all sites, for all dates, it will purge (delete) all of the hand histories that you didn't play in. You can then export the DB to text files, and reimport to a new DB to get rid of all the players that were associated with those hands, that you have never played against.

AJL_5
06-26-2009, 02:43 PM
Ok, thanks.

First post here and... great support.

Nice job.

fozzy71
06-26-2009, 03:05 PM
I should have given you these links to 2 different FAQ's, that explain it in more detail.

How do I purge hand histories? (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=107)

How do I completely delete hand histories from my database? (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=152)