PDA

View Full Version : Lag & disappearing HUD

jimii
09-25-2011, 01:39 PM
First of all I want to clarify that ive done every little tweak to speed up HEM, also I have a fast computer etc.
Now, my problem is that I get real bad lag using the hud when having more than ~12 tables open at the same time.
I actually did find a solution to this problem, but it brought another one up. I tampered w/ the Force on top-option and with Stars' multitable options -> "pop up table whenever user action is required"-option. I set the Force on top to ON and unchecked the Stars' "popup table..." option. This removed all the lag but now I got another problem, the hud kept disappearing when i clicked a single table and then reappeared when i moved the table-window a bit. I did experience this thing also with party tables which were open at the same time.

Patvs
09-25-2011, 11:57 PM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Are you playing cascaded, tiled or stacked?

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

jimii
10-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Im using w7. Im playing with smallest possible tablesize with each having its own space on my screen. I did everything you said in the previous post and the disappearing hud still remains.. If I untick the force on top @table options the hud wont disappear but then i get lag.

netsrak
10-01-2011, 10:20 AM
This can be caused by older graphic card drivers - thats why Pat asked you to update them.

please attach your holdemmanager.config file from c:\program files(x86)\rvg software\holdem manager\config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). it may be just called holdemmanager if you've extensions turned off.

jimii
10-01-2011, 03:39 PM
I did update the drivers, like I said, I did everything he mentioned. Anyway, heres the config.