PDA

View Full Version : Failed to establish a conncection to '127.0.0.1'. Move Posts

Sirus
06-26-2009, 11:57 AM
sorry to hijack this thread but the same thing is happening to me. I am unable to do what is said in the faq as the administrator mode is shaded out so I am unable to click the check box. I have updated to the latest beta and gone back to an earlier beta but still the problem persists.

fozzy71
06-26-2009, 12:13 PM
If the admin options are greyed out it means that you have already turned off UAC, which is the same thing (better IMO).

Please make a new thread with as many details as possible, so we can keep it separated from this one. Then we will try to get you up and running. If we can't sort it out right away we will go ahead and schedule a remote support session

Sirus
06-26-2009, 01:26 PM
you sir are da man! tyty

fozzy71
06-26-2009, 01:35 PM
NP. Gonna close this thread.

FWIW, if anyone else has the problem, it was a simple solution after a bit of deductive reasoning.

I had to delete one file, C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\postmaster.pid, and start the postgresql service thru the Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services, or you can do it by going to Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Start Service