PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Restoring

CLUELESS0987
06-25-2009, 11:08 PM
Hi

I am trying to restore an old database. I restored it without issue onto my laptop, but now when trying to restore it on another computer I am having problems.

When restoring, it has a bunch of error messages come up before giving me the option to click "done". It never gives me this option. Just lists a bunch of lines of texts in the message box of the restore function in Postgre.

I even tried re-installing HEM and Postgre, but I am having the same issues.

In HEM, it has the database listed, but it is not complete. Graphs will not show, with a pop-up saying "an error occurred while formatting the chart. object reference not set to an instance of an object."

How can I fix this?

fozzy71
06-25-2009, 11:29 PM
I am not sure if you can, but I have never personally used the SQL backup/restore process. I always export my DB's to text files and reimport them. I also keep my processed/archived HHs, because I would rather have a bunch of duplicates than lose any.

If you have the DB restored on the laptop, it may be easiest to export it to text files, and import it to a new DB on the 2nd computer that had problems restoring.

CLUELESS0987
06-25-2009, 11:38 PM
I am not sure if you can, but I have never personally used the SQL backup/restore process. I always export my DB's to text files and reimport them. I also keep my processed/archived HHs, because I would rather have a bunch of duplicates than lose any.

If you have the DB restored on the laptop, it may be easiest to export it to text files, and import it to a new DB on the 2nd computer that had problems restoring.

btw its saying "process returned exit code 1" in the restore box

I could try this, but as my name says, I am clueless. Could you give me step-by-step instructions as to how I would carry this out? Thanks!

fozzy71
06-25-2009, 11:54 PM
Laptop:

HEM > Options > Database Management > Connect > Export Hands - when it finishes it will give you the path of the folder that contains the HHs. Typically - C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\{DataBase Name}

Now copy that entire folder of text files to a flash drive, or burn to CD, so you can take them to the other computer.

2nd Computer

HEM > Import > Import From Folder > Navigate to whatever location those exported HH text files are at.

Go do something else for a while. ;) My DB is 235k hands after I recently purged it. It took < 2 hours to import at 70 h/s.

CLUELESS0987
06-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Laptop:

HEM > Options > Database Management > Connect > Export Hands - when it finishes it will give you the path of the folder that contains the HHs. Typically - C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\{DataBase Name}

Now copy that entire folder of text files to a flash drive, or burn to CD, so you can take them to the other computer.

2nd Computer

HEM > Import > Import From Folder > Navigate to whatever location those exported HH text files are at.

Go do something else for a while. ;) My DB is 235k hands after I recently purged it. It took < 2 hours to import at 70 h/s.

I tried the first step, and it said there should be a folder where you said it was located....however its not there!? I repeated the process twice, yet the folder isn't where they say it is?

What should I do? I am very frustrated

fozzy71
06-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, your forum name, and your AIM/MSN/Skype, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com)session.

Download and install the Teamviewer software using all the default settings. We should be able to do this any time this afternoon, after I take a break and get something to eat.

CLUELESS0987
06-26-2009, 03:33 PM
email sent

fozzy71
06-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Email received. I am taking a short break and then I will be contacting you first after that. 30 - 45 minutes at the most.