PDA

View Full Version : Just reimported to new d-base...HH errors on merge [#2859]

antneye
09-23-2011, 09:06 AM
I just setup HEM on a new laptop and to prepare I exported all hands from my original machine to a folder. When I re-imported my hands, all of my merge hands imported as NL instead of limit. Is there some error with Merge HH's that I am not aware of?

Is there any way I can fix it? I do not have the original HH's, only what gets exported from the d-base which i still have running on my original machine.

On the original machine, the hands show properly

antneye
09-23-2011, 02:46 PM
anyone? I'd really like to try to fix this before playing a new session...which I was hoping would be tonight.

fozzy71
09-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Why don't you have the originals any longer? All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts), including Internet Explorer (even if you use a different web browser) and change your Windows Control Panel > Regional Settings Format to English (USA).

Reboot your pc.

Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

*Try creating a new UTF DB - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database
*Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands
*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and export/import any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB.
*Make sure you export/backup everything before deleting the old DB - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/372/Reinstalling+on+a+new+PC+-+Backup+Tips

If the new DB still has import errors, Please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to support@holdemmanager.com

antneye
09-23-2011, 06:18 PM
I figured I was good with the exported hands, and deleted the originals....big mistake. Anyways, I did a manual backup and all is well. However, I think I have discovered an issue with the way the export functionality exports merge hands. It appears to confuse them and register limit as NL. Perhaps this is something the developers can take a look at for future fix?

fozzy71
09-23-2011, 09:26 PM
I figured I was good with the exported hands, and deleted the originals....big mistake. Anyways, I did a manual backup and all is well. However, I think I have discovered an issue with the way the export functionality exports merge hands. It appears to confuse them and register limit as NL. Perhaps this is something the developers can take a look at for future fix?

Yes, it sounds like it. Which merge skin? Can you zip up a sample of the exported hands and email them to us?

Please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to support@holdemmanager.com

Can you also create a backup of your database and upload it to dropbox or yousendit so we can download, restore, and try to duplicate it?

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/418/Backup+%26+Restore

antneye
09-25-2011, 09:24 AM
Fozzy....

Sorry, just saw this. I deleted the d-base and troubled hh's but I should be able to re-export the merge hands and recreate the error in a new dbase. The skin in question is RPM

I am a bit busy today but will work on it later.

Thanks

fozzy71
09-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Fozzy....

Sorry, just saw this. I deleted the d-base and troubled hh's but I should be able to re-export the merge hands and recreate the error in a new dbase. The skin in question is RPM

I am a bit busy today but will work on it later.

Thanks

OK, no rush. Make sure you link to this thread when you send in the links and/or zip files.

antneye
09-25-2011, 04:20 PM
sent.................

antneye
10-31-2011, 10:20 AM
I can't find the correspondence, but I was told that this issue was confirmed and sent to the developers for correction. Can I get an update on an ETA? Before moving to HEM 2 I will need to do an export to prepare for the import to HEM 2 and I do not want to do this until this issue is fixed. I do not want to have all of my Merge HH's show up as NL when they are actually limit.

Thank you.

netsrak
10-31-2011, 10:34 AM
Unfortunately its still an open bug without ETA in HM1, i'm not sure about the state in HM2. If you send me some hands i can test it for you: netsrak@holdemmanager.net. Please add a link to this thread.

antneye
10-31-2011, 06:09 PM
Unfortunately its still an open bug without ETA in HM1, i'm not sure about the state in HM2. If you send me some hands i can test it for you: netsrak@holdemmanager.net. Please add a link to this thread.

My problem will be that if I cannot export the hands properly from HEM1, they will register improperly when imported into HEM2. That's why I want to make sure that it is fixed in HEM1.

Sarek
11-01-2011, 06:56 PM
You can import whole HM1 database in HM2 directly

antneye
11-05-2011, 08:41 AM
You can import whole HM1 database in HM2 directly

True, but since the hands are showing incorrectly in the d-base HH's and replayer the problem will simply transfer to HEM 2. I received an email from Morny on 2p2 saying he is going to bump this on the priority list. This is a deal breaker for me to upgrade to HEM 2 since I do not want a simple error like this to corrupt my d-base going forward....and all Merge LHE players (LOL @ sample size I know) would have the same issue.

I appreciate Morny's help. Excellent support as always.

fozzy71
11-05-2011, 10:15 AM
I sent the bug to Paul again to make sure he has bumped it on the programmers list.

.....and all Merge LHE players ......

Only those who do not have their original hand histories. Most people do not delete their original hand histories, so this is somewhat rare. As you can see now those original hands are very important and should be compressed and archived, instead of deleted in the future.

but since the hands are showing incorrectly in the d-base HH's and replayer the problem will simply transfer to HEM 2.

I thought your HM1 database was mostly correct because it had imported the original hands, before you deleted them from your archive. IIRC, the problem is with the exported HM1 text files and not the importing of HM1 or HM2. Have you tried to import directly from the HM1 database yet?

antneye
11-05-2011, 07:04 PM
I thought your HM1 database was mostly correct because it had imported the original hands, before you deleted them from your archive. IIRC, the problem is with the exported HM1 text files and not the importing of HM1 or HM2. Have you tried to import directly from the HM1 database yet?

Yes they appear correctly in my records of my sessions and overall results as LHE, but when you look at a HH or use the replayer it shows them as NL hands.....I believe this is why the hud on the replayer shows as zero hands being played against all villains. It makes it very difficult to review a session because you do not have access to any of villains stats while replaying the session.

Lesson learned on saving HH's and I am saving all from now on.

fozzy71
11-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Yes they appear correctly in my records of my sessions and overall results as LHE, but when you look at a HH or use the replayer it shows them as NL hands.....I believe this is why the hud on the replayer shows as zero hands being played against all villains. It makes it very difficult to review a session because you do not have access to any of villains stats while replaying the session.

Lesson learned on saving HH's and I am saving all from now on.

OK, thank you for the further details and for your continued patience. We will do everything we can to get this bug fixed as soon as possible, but as you can imagine we are a bit over-loaded with the initial surge from new HM2 users. We have a much bigger development team for HM2 so we should be able to fix bugs much faster in general for HM2, than we were able to in HM1.