PDA

View Full Version : Exporting only new hands

DarkZonk
06-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Hi,

I've got a question as far as the possibility of hand export is concerned.

Following imaginary case:
Today I export 100k hands and import them on my 2nd PC. Now i play some more days and i've got 5k new hands. Is there any possibility of only exporting those new 5k hands? Or am I forced to export and import all those 105k hands again?

Thank you.

Kind regards

fozzy71
06-25-2009, 12:16 PM
You would need to filter by date, from the day of your last export/import. I would probably go at least one day older, so you get some overlap and don't miss any hands.

Cash Games > Hands Tab > Date Button (probably says 'All Hands') > After : Select the date of your last export/import > Save

Now in the Hands Tab select the radio button for 'All', and then Right-Click > Export All Hands to Hard Drive

netsrak
06-25-2009, 12:33 PM
It would be much easier to copy just the handhistory files from the archive folder to the other PC.
And switch on "Group archive files by month and day" in the misc. options

fozzy71
06-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Yep, that's the way I would do it, personally, but I guess I thought that was self-evident. I think he also wanted to (and should) know how to do a filtered export.

DarkZonk
06-26-2009, 01:54 PM
hmm,
but in the archive folder there are also ALL hands. how can i separate the latest hands from the older ones?

fozzy71
06-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Start > My Computer > C:\HMArchive > View > Details

Click on the 'Date Modified' column heading until there is a small arrow pointing down. This will sort them by date, with the newest ones at the top. If you get a bit of overlap and grab too many hands, it isn't a big problem. HM skips thru the duplicate hand histories very fast.