PDA

View Full Version : problem with my database

RainbowJJ
06-25-2009, 04:55 AM
First of all I like to say that my top poker priority right now is to get the best software help tool and I believe that HoldemManager has all that I need.

but...

I have now tried to installed it 3 times - every times I got it installed successfully and I was able to use Holdem Manager no problem :)(that day), but when I tried to use it the next day I get this connection error:
"The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Data could not be read from transport connection. An existent connection was corrupted by an external host" (translated from Danish) :(

Then I created my first database I called it RainbowJJomaha, and last night I also got an error saying that Holdem Manager could not find Database "RainbowJJomaha". But that is because I deleted it and created a new database "HoldemManager" - but I could not switch to database HoldemManager. Do you think it will help if I also delete and re-install Holdem Manager and not just the postgres database?

I have Windows Vista on my computer.

I think it is very frustrating that I can connect one day and use the Holdem Manager and the HUD, but the next day I just receive an error messages.

I have just deleted both the postgrs database, the ODBC and Holdem Manager, so my computer should be clean now and ready for another re-installation.

Hope you can help me quickly - cause I am desperat! :confused:

netsrak
06-25-2009, 05:03 AM
You should take a deep breath and think about it before you delete anything. :)
You mentioned a lot of problems in the post. Lets start at the beginning:
- connection problems: its normally a firewall issue, see http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=164

- database: when you create a new database you connect to it via the database management and should set it to default.

- Installation: in Vista you should disable UAC
- Please follow the information guide http://holdemmanager.net/setup.html

If you need more assistance please send a mail with a link to this thread to fabio@holdemmanager.net to arrange a teamviewer session.

RainbowJJ
06-25-2009, 06:52 AM
Thanks for help, but I have already deleted all - properly.

Tonight I will do following:

1) Download the newest version of PostgreSQL and Holdem Manager to my computer.

2) Disconnect from Internet

3) Uninstall Windows Firewall and Defender. And my own antivirus program and Anti Spy-ware.

4) Install Postgres

5) Install Holdem Manager

6) Cross my fingers and hopefully I will succeed :)

Do you agree that this is the way for me to try an install it?

Best regards
Henrik

netsrak
06-25-2009, 07:02 AM
Looks a little bit like an overkill but if it works ... :)

The Uninstallation of Postgresql need some more steps than just uninstallating the software:
- delete the postgresql program and data folders
- delete the user postgres: enter net user postgres /delete in a command box.

RainbowJJ
06-25-2009, 07:29 AM
I don't have much computer expirience, so I would rather take a long way in order have better chances og succeed :)

I have tried to uninstall the database succesfully before. (PokerTracker has a great manual for this - sorry but its true). :rolleyes:

I will give my reply in about 7-8 hours. if it does not work can we please arrange for a team viewer session?

PS. I am currently on a trial version, should I do it all over again when I need to registre or can I just enter a registration code?

Best regards
Henrik

fozzy71
06-25-2009, 07:49 AM
You will be able to just enter a license and keep using the same installation. If you have any problems getting it up and running please let us know and we will schedule a remote support session asap.

RainbowJJ
06-25-2009, 08:14 AM
I would prefer not to uninstall my own antivirus and anti spyware, but I will do it that is what it takes to get Holdem Manager running...

But I would have to re-install the Antivirus and Anti Spyware after the installation of postgres and Holdem Manager. It is ok, right..?

Is it only Windos Vista users which are having so much trouble getting connected with the database?

Best regards
Henrik

netsrak
06-25-2009, 08:45 AM
Yes in most cases it is Vista.
You don't need to uninstall your security software, you "only" have to configure it so that it works with HM and Postgresql.

Try it and if it doesn't work we arrange a teamviewer session

RainbowJJ
06-26-2009, 05:00 AM
Now I have uninstalled my Antivirus program and my Spyware. I disconnected from the internet too. And then I reinstalled postgreSQL and HoldemManager and made the settings in Windows Firewall and Defender as Suggested.

- And guess what: IT WORKS!!!!

so far at least - I have not connected to the internet yet and I still have not reinstalled my antivirus program or antispyware.

But I really don't think that these are the problems. I found out that I had not done the Windows Firewall correction properly :o

I will be back later - to let you know if I have succeed fully... :)