PDA

View Full Version : failed to establish connection to 127.0.0.1

maxpower
09-22-2011, 07:58 AM
the following error has occured when trying to open database. failed to establish connection to 127. my computer has windows vista. have tryed to install latest version of holdem manager. problem with postgres??? any more information required? what could i try next to fix problem? please help. was working fine on my other comp without problems. ty

netsrak
09-22-2011, 08:50 AM
Don't touch your Holdemmanager installation - its just a postgresql problem:

Solutions:
1. Reboot your computer
2. If that doesn't help look for the hidden system file postmaster.pid in the postgresql data folder, delete it and reboot your computer again.
3. Check the postgresql service in the windows services (control panel->administration). Sometimes it helps to change the Logon As.. to "local system account"
4. Check our FAQ:
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+

maxpower
09-22-2011, 09:09 AM
there seems to be a problem when i instal the software. towards the end of instalation a box pops up "please wait while windows config microsoft visual c++2005 redistributale" then error 1935 appears. i have search for postgres on my comp and cant find it anywhere. im wondering if it aint installing postgres on my comp.

maxpower
09-22-2011, 09:25 AM
i get an error regarding postgreSQL towards the end of instalation. so i have holdem manager but just not that part? can i try downloading postgres separatly or am i going to get same problems? settings i should change on my comp? i use vista. didnt have any of these problems on my other comp with windows 7.

maxpower
09-22-2011, 02:23 PM
postgresql is not installing on my computer. have tried to take the steps above but its not downloading on to my comp. what should my next step be? downloading it separatly? i cant find the answer to this anywhere. ty

maxpower
09-22-2011, 04:13 PM
dw managed to instal postgres. no hud yet. might be back soon