PDA

View Full Version : Due to postgresql not working hm is not working

juny_dabrutska
09-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Well, where to start...
Today my holdem manager, updated a few weeks ago to the last version, stopped working. I remember the error message was on startup, "the following error occurred when trying to open the database. Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'"... So I couldnt get through database control panel. Ive looked through the forum and tried multiple fixes, uninstalled everything, reinstalled, even tried to install postgresql with another version but couldnt get anywhere. When i install everything again with the combo i get the message "could not install postgresql". Well i'm kinda lost now and dont know what to do. Please help me with this, i really cant play without your software lol
Id rather someone from your support try to do it with teamviewer if possible since i spent the whole day on this... Please get back to me asap.

p.s. i remember also that yesterday or the day before my windows got automatic update.

Patvs
09-22-2011, 12:11 AM
Turn on the secondary Logon. The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely
Try 8.2: PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror (http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp/binary/v8.2.21/win32/postgresql-8.2.21-1.zip) and install it to port 5433

Read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/70/ReinstallPostgreSQL

juny_dabrutska
09-22-2011, 11:35 AM
I tried that again and reinstalled with that 8.2 version, i changed the port during installation to 5433 but when starting holdem manager up again i got the exact same error. Tried to change the port to 5433 on database control panel and it went to another screen where i could create a new database but i shouldnt do it should i? I wanted to keep using the same database, or at this point, i wont be able to use it anymore?During installation i got a message asking me to start secondary logon which i did then. I dont know if thats important but i was using 8.4 previously. Please get back to me asap.

juny_dabrutska
09-22-2011, 11:15 PM
well now i tried to reinstall postgresql again version 8.4 which was the one i had originally, but this time using port 5433 but it says its been already installed. I guess now is even worse the situation. Oh man, stuck in here, desperating!!! Btw i use ccleaner to uninstall software...

Patvs
09-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Create a new database when you connect to port 5433.
Then reimport your handhistories. (by running a import from folder on your archive folder)

juny_dabrutska
09-23-2011, 11:03 AM
ok i think ive done it, its now importing from the folder c:\hmarchive... Is that it? Since ive got 3128 files its gonna take a while...

Patvs
09-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Yes, C:/HMArchive is the default archive folder