PDA

View Full Version : Dimmed popup stats in 1.09.09

Mike chops
06-24-2009, 09:58 AM
We will be releasing 1.09 beta 9 later today. I wanted to explain the "Dimmed popup stats for live tracked tables" feature.

Go to the Hud options->Table preferences menu and check the dim folded players check box. If you go to a live tracked table and bring up a popup you should see some of the stats are grey, some are black and a few might be red.

The grey stats are stats that are not applicable to the live hand. In the example I have the steal popup. The BTN didn't have an opportunity to steal from the CO, so that stat is grey. He did steal from the BTN so that stat is red. Black stats are ones where he had an opportunity to make a play affecting that stat or one where he may in future given the way the hand has played out so far.

It's still a little buggy, but I think the pre-flop stats work pretty well. The post-flop stats I have seen more bugs with. Also it doesnt work with some of the old style hard-wired popups.

SubtleOne
06-24-2009, 11:05 AM
We will be releasing 1.09 beta 9 later today. I wanted to explain the "Dimmed popup stats for live tracked tables" feature.

Go to the Hud options->Table preferences menu and check the dim folded players check box. If you go to a live tracked table and bring up a popup you should see some of the stats are grey, some are black and a few might be red.

The grey stats are stats that are not applicable to the live hand. In the example I have the steal popup. The BTN didn't have an opportunity to steal from the CO, so that stat is grey. He did steal from the BTN so that stat is red. Black stats are ones where he had an opportunity to make a play affecting that stat or one where he may in future given the way the hand has played out so far.

It's still a little buggy, but I think the pre-flop stats work pretty well. The post-flop stats I have seen more bugs with. Also it doesnt work with some of the old style hard-wired popups.

The idea is interesting, but I would prefer if it were graduated and less on/off. The reason is that while I do seek out a specific stat with pop-ups, I also look at the others to see if there is any imbalance. I.e. is the player adjusting properly for position or not. It would be a pain to start squinting (especially multitabling) to see the other surrounding stats while playing.

Patvs
06-25-2009, 10:18 AM
I love the DIM concept, but what is its connection to the live tracker?

If I'm playing a regular game (with live tracker turned off) it's not possible to dim the stats of players who have folded?

So what are the disadvantages of turning on live tracker?

#1ThunderFan
06-25-2009, 11:08 AM

Epically awesome. Cant wait.

jurrasstoil
06-25-2009, 06:06 PM
I love the DIM concept, but what is its connection to the live tracker?

If I'm playing a regular game (with live tracker turned off) it's not possible to dim the stats of players who have folded?

So what are the disadvantages of turning on live tracker?HEM can not know whether a player folded in the current hand or not, because the hand gets imported AFTER its finished. So, live tracking is necessary for this feature.

tiako
06-26-2009, 01:28 PM
And why not to allow to define differents complete HUDs per every street?
I posted it in user voice forum as an idea, but I didn't have much success.

Thanks anyway, this line of work will improve a lot the HUD power.

BR

Mrage
07-01-2009, 11:19 AM
The idea is interesting, but I would prefer if it were graduated and less on/off.

I'm gonna +1 this. I played with it on some this morning. I noticed that it made it a bit tougher for me to spot at a glance if fish had left the table because stats would be dim so often. Also, the individual pop up stats dimming wasn't always helpful because when there's a small sample for the applicable stat it is sometimes more helpful to get a generalized picture of how the person plays than the fact that he has stolen 1 of 2 times from the sb.

fosterdiaz
10-13-2009, 03:34 AM
Well I have recently join this site and Find lots of useful information regarding different topic. It's pleasure to be a part of your forum. I love to try also what you are discussing here. Thanks!