PDA

View Full Version : Problem installing postgresql on new Computer

AGame18
06-24-2009, 03:15 AM
I am getting the error message "the installation package could not be opened, verify that the package exists....."

I have searched this problem and see what the mods have wrote but I have no idea how to unzip and/or extract files even using winRaR.

Anyway someone could walk me through it step by step?

netsrak
06-24-2009, 03:17 AM
Standard problem, you must completely unzip the installation zip file to the desktop or into a directory and start the installation from there.

AGame18
06-24-2009, 03:24 AM
Standard problem, you must completely unzip the installation zip file to the desktop or into a directory and start the installation from there.

yes but how exactly do I do that

netsrak
06-24-2009, 05:15 AM
Step 1:
Open the Zip File in Winzip or a similar packer program and choose "Extract to folder" or something like that
or
Create a new temporary folder via Windows Explorer and copy the whole contents of the zip file to this folder.(you should see it in your packer program or newer windows explorers)

Step 2: Start the installation from this folder via Windows Explorer

AGame18
06-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Step 1:
Open the Zip File in Winzip or a similar packer program and choose "Extract to folder" or something like that
or
Create a new temporary folder via Windows Explorer and copy the whole contents of the zip file to this folder.(you should see it in your packer program or newer windows explorers)

Step 2: Start the installation from this folder via Windows Explorer

yea I'm sorry but I still can't figure it out.............computer illiterate, need more specific instructions.

fozzy71
06-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Download (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z465.exe)this utility from http://www.7-zip.org/ and install it. Then find your downloaded PostgreSQL.ZIP file > Right-Click > 7Zip > Extract to "PostgreSQL\". Now you can open the new folder to see the installers that you extracted from the Zip file.

AGame18
06-24-2009, 06:35 PM
figured it out, thanks!