PDA

View Full Version : Able to Connect after initial download, but not after re-boot

Bretbb7
06-23-2009, 02:38 PM
HM seems to work fine after I download the program until I decide to re-boot/re-start my computer. I get the following;

Connection Error. Unable to read the data from the transport connection. An existing connectoin was forcibly closed by the remote host.

at SystemNesSockets.Socket.ReceivedByte[]buffer, Ln32 offset lnt32 size socketflags
Npgsd,NpgsqState ProcessBackendResponses,_ver_3>d_aMovenext

I have tried shutting down my firewall programs after startup and prior to launching HM,,with the same error message notice from DB controlpanel. I have also tried going in and allowing HM to be exempted from any firewall application but have not really found a way to enable HM with the options in the virus/firewall programs.

So, I'm wondering, do I need to keep the virus programs from launching at all during startup? Not sure how to do that.

Or am I totally on the wrong track? Kinda frustrating to see what HM can do only to have it not launch after I've shut down the computer. Thanks for any help folks.

I've considered it but dont feel never turning off the machine is a very good option.

I'm running on windows XP

netsrak
06-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Possibly the FAQ helps? http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=164