PDA

View Full Version : Can't login in to postgressql

luckylucky
06-23-2009, 01:13 PM
When I try to log on to Postgressql either via holdemmananager or via PGAdmin it hangs indefinitely. This just started happening today. I'm not 100% sure what caused it, anybody have any idea how to fix it?

netsrak
06-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Try this: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

luckylucky
06-23-2009, 02:05 PM
Try this: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Thanks. That worked. :)

luckylucky
06-24-2009, 05:28 PM
The exact same problem has occured again today!, any ideas what have caused the same thing to reoccur. I know there was another windows update today, bit of a coincidence that it's happened twice in two days though and never before.

edit: I think I know now what's causing the problem. I'm using Online Armor as my firewall. That has updated a couple of times over the last few days. When I stopped that from loading on boot-up I was able to log in fine to postgressql - so it looks like it's definitely an issue with this firewall.

fozzy71
06-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Try Comodo personal/free firewall.

luckylucky
06-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Try Comodo personal/free firewall.

I used to use Comodo. I prefer Online Armor tbh . I have Postgressql working again now anyway after rebooting with Online armor off and switching it back on after reboot and after running HM.

I'll keep an eye on it, at least I know it's something to do with the latest Online Armor update.

fozzy71
06-24-2009, 08:30 PM
See if you can set an 'exception' for HEM and/or add it to the firewall list of 'safe programs'. That was what I did with comodo. That way the firewall leaves it alone.

luckylucky
06-25-2009, 06:30 PM
See if you can set an 'exception' for HEM and/or add it to the firewall list of 'safe programs'. That was what I did with comodo. That way the firewall leaves it alone.

Thanks fozzy. Adding an exception for rvg software and postgressql folders worked. :)

fozzy71
06-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Great news. I just reinstalled Comodo today and had to add all my safe programs again too. :D