PDA

View Full Version : Error when optimizing

stackshady13
09-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Not sure when the occured (at least 10 min after running the full optimization). But I got a message 'error at user's request'.

Lately the my hud has been freezing and going black when playing 15 tables, already went through the top 10 list to increase performance and tweeked my computer. Any ideas?

The following was in the status ending with contact support:
Thanks,
Ryan Stackman

[9/19/2011 12:23 PM] Reading databases . .done
[9/19/2011 12:23 PM] Starting optimization
[9/19/2011 12:23 PM] Optimizing holdemmanager...[9/19/2011 1:07 PM] error: ERROR: 57014: canceling statement due to user request[9/19/2011 1:07 PM] error: at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.<ProcessBackendResponses_Ver_3>d__a.MoveNext()
at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.IterateThroughAllResponses(IEnu merable`1 ienum)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.ReleaseRegisteredListen()
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.ReleaseResources()
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.UngetPooledConnector(Np gsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleasePooledConnectorI nternal(NpgsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleasePooledConnector( NpgsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleaseConnector(Npgsql Connection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection.Close()
at HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.optimi zeDb(String db, Int32 type)
at HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.optimi zeAsync()[9/19/2011 1:07 PM] Error...please contact support@holdemmanager.com

stackshady13
09-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Anybody have any ideas about this error message. I was hoping to optimize my database - maybe that will help fix the freezing of tables when mass tabling??

Thanks,
Ryan

Patvs
09-19-2011, 11:36 PM
Can you run a manual vacuum in pgadminIII instead:
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/88/Vacuum+Analyze+Database+

If you get any error during or at the end of the process in pgadminIII it's a sign of a corrupt database.
And you'll have to reimport your hands into a new database.

stackshady13
09-20-2011, 12:05 AM
Thanks Patvs, ran the vacuum and didn't receive any error messages, but not really sure what it did? Can you think of anything as to why HEM was freezing the tables? It occured only when playing 15+ tables and the tables turned blacks, stats frozen to desktop.

Hopefully this helped I guess I will find out tomorrow. Have a g'nite

Thanks,
Ryan

Patvs
09-20-2011, 12:32 AM
The optimization tool in HM can often give errors: when PostgreSQL is not installed to the default install folder, or when you're not using SQL 8.4, but a different version, etc.

It's best to use pgadminIII instead.

The freezing issue: does it unfreeze if you wait long enough? Or do you always kill the process in taskmanager, or just reboot?
Check TaskManager which program is causing the highest CPU activity.

If you still have issues, I guess you could install a different version of PostgreSQL to a different port (for example 9.1 to port 5433) and reimport your hands into a NEW database.

Freezing: might also be caused by a program that is actively monitoring your PostgreSQL server connection (i.e. firewall, antivirus program)
For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

stackshady13
09-20-2011, 02:18 AM
Done. Thanks so much, hopefully this takes care of it. Sure did learn a lot about my computer today!
Thanks
Ryan