PDA

View Full Version : Current hem user

machine
09-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Hi I redownloaded HEM after my harddrive was replaced and I get this when I load up HEM THE FOLLOWING ERROR OCCURRED WHEN TRYING TO OPEN THE DATABASE FAILED TO ESTABLISH A CONNECTION TO 127.0.01

I then click to connect to postgreSQL and it says the connection can not be made then unale to start the service. help pleaz ladz.

machine
09-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Ok so I have dowloaded the latest postreSQL and I turned the secondary logon to auto and Im now getting FATAL errors. help please

Sarek
09-19-2011, 02:08 PM
What exactly is saying in error?

If you have Win7 (or Vista), consider the following:
1) PC name must be in English and "in one word" - requires reboot after changing.
2) The same for Windows user name. If not - create new Win user with EN name and reboot PC for this user when install Postgres. And he must have admin rights. After installation you can kill this new user - his mission is completed.
3) Secondary logon service must be set to "Autostart".
This is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services.
4) UAC = OFF ( How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/) )
5) Disable firewall and antivirus when installing Postgres and HM. Or uninstall them at all.
6) All installations must run "as admin" (by right-click on file). And do them as first thing after PC reboot.
7) If you want to change install path for Postgres (or to set non-default folder for database cluster) - download "standalone" installation file from Download PostgreSQL | EnterpriseDB (http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload#windows)
8) If your Windows is not in English - you have to install Postgres not in default folder in Program_Files. Create new (example: c:\postgresql) first and select it when install.
9) Install Postgres and HM separarelly, one after one. As admin. If HM (when runs for the 1st time) says "no database" - simply create it via DBControlpanel.
10) If Postgres install fails - after uninstalling don't forget to kill windows user named "postgres":
Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator
In the window that appears please type the following and press enter:
net user postgres /del
exactly as shown. You should get a confirmation if it was successful.
11) Run all pokerclients "as admin" too.

machine
09-19-2011, 04:39 PM
WOW thats alot of work lol, you clearly know your stuff mate but this looks like alot of work for a computer dope like me, think I will pass thanks for all your help

machine
09-19-2011, 04:45 PM

This is the error i get when trying to connect

Patvs
09-19-2011, 11:33 PM
Try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely
Try 8.2: PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror (http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp/binary/v8.2.21/win32/postgresql-8.2.21-1.zip) and install it to port 5433.

Read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/70/ReinstallPostgreSQL

machine
09-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Ok so Im on holdemmanager now but with a new database so I emailed stars to send me my 5k tourny history but they are importing as errors when I paste them into notepad any help lads I have tried opening a new database didn't work?.

Sarek
09-20-2011, 11:24 AM
Make sure emailed HHs are in English.
Which file format they sent?
If "xxx.htm" - rename file to "xxx.html" (or vice versa) - and import. HM can read it (one of).
And, btw, you need not only HHs but also summaries - ask Stars for them.

machine
09-20-2011, 02:09 PM
thanks sarek, Im not sure what they sent them as I dont know how to find out, Could you give abit more detail on how to do what your saying Im nit much apprieciated

Sarek
09-20-2011, 03:00 PM
Forward their mail to support@holdemmanager.com
with link to this thread

machine
09-21-2011, 03:29 AM
ok done that, I have also asked for my stats for all tournies from pokerstars and when I opened the file it displays all my stats in like a table, how do I import this file.

Sarek
09-21-2011, 03:57 AM
Unfortunatelly, HM can't import this file. Hand histories and summaries only.

Patvs
09-21-2011, 10:06 PM
If they've sent you a .html results file (for your STT and MTT winnings) run a import from file on it.
Import the handhistory files first though.