PDA

View Full Version : Trying to install Postgresql, its asking me to modify or remove

jonasty4
06-22-2009, 09:06 AM
Just purchased HEM, switching over from PT. Had downloaded a trial version of HEM in the past but could never get it to work. Could some help me start fresh so I can get this working. When i go to install Postgresql its asking me to modify or remove. Also, I'm on Vista but my Account is set up as an administrator so the i dont think there are any access control issues. Help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

fozzy71
06-22-2009, 09:23 AM
UAC must be turned off completely and rebooted before installing HEM/SQL.. It sounds like you may have postgresql installed already for PT. Do you have PT2 or PT3? Havwe you exported all of your hand histories from PT to text files for backup? Do you have a menu item for SQL? - start > programs > postgresql 8.x

If you have it installed already you should be able to connect to it with HEM, but you might need your old postgresql password you used before.

You should also make sure to install the latest HEM beta, after doing the full install - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

If you aren't worried about your PT DB, and want to uninstall SQL and start fresh, you will want to follow these instructions:

You must *fully* remove PostgreSQL if you want to install it again.

- Uninstall from control panel.
- manually delete the Program Files\Postgresql folders
- run the command "net user postgres /delete"
- reboot.
- install again, as admin, with UAC off.