PDA

View Full Version : Attempting to import bulk hh from folder

Davidburraway
09-18-2011, 07:06 AM
Hi there,

I am attempting to import ~ 2 million hands into HEM but something seems to be wrong. I have downloaded and unzipped the files and pointed HEM to import from this folder but not a lot seems to be happening after an hour of doing this. Its says 'importing' beneath the import progress bar but there is no green in the progress bar and there is no text saying 'importing 2 out of 8 files' which I saw come up on one of the demo videos. Is this common for such a large bulk folder import?

Patvs
09-18-2011, 11:51 AM
What's the size of the biggest .txt file in the folder?
Try moving all the files to a different folder, then run another import from folder on it.

If the .txt file is larger than 100 MB it will take a long time before it starts with the '2 out of 8 files'.

Davidburraway
09-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Hi patvs, thanks for your reply. I have figured out that I had not unzipped the files properly so that was the problem. I have unzipped them now to a separate folder which I'm currently importing from now and it looks like its working so I should be fine now. Thanks for your help. I'll let you know if I run into any more difficulties :)