PDA

View Full Version : ***Quick/Easy Questions & Answers Thread*** - a.k.a. Ask Fozzy.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

fozzy71
06-21-2009, 12:32 PM
This works pretty well on other message boards, so I thought we would try it here. If you have any quick/short questions that you feel are not thread-worthy, feel free to post them here. I check the forums every couple of hours and then try to address every new post since my last visit. Once I am done, I rinse and repeat. Except for Midnight EST til 7 or 8am EST while I sleep. Chances are you shouldn't have to wait more than an hour or 2 for a reply, typically.

green_29
06-21-2009, 05:39 PM
how do i filter my graph to only show my 6max results, not my whole database?

fozzy71
06-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Filter > Edit > # Players > Less than 7, should get you pretty close.

To see them broken down on the Reports Tab you can go to Cash Games > Reports > Select Report Name fro List > Winnings Summary

green_29
06-21-2009, 06:19 PM
thanks.

another thing, in the replayer the stats are sometimes in the way of the players hands, is there any way to move them?

fozzy71
06-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Ctrl + Right-Click + Drag

fozzy71
06-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Roy or Fabio - How do I disable the main popup?

ConZy
06-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Hi,

I want to import my old hands from ongame but Holdemmanager can't import them. I tried to export the hands from Pokertracker 2 and import then in HM but that doesn't work either.

Can you help?

I use WinXP

Do I have to go back to an older version of HM? Currently using 1.09 beta 8

fozzy71
06-21-2009, 08:47 PM
I don't know the answer, but I will find out for you shortly.

fabio
06-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Hi,

I want to import my old hands from ongame but Holdemmanager can't import them. I tried to export the hands from Pokertracker 2 and import then in HM but that doesn't work either.

Can you help?

I use WinXP

Do I have to go back to an older version of HM? Currently using 1.09 beta 8

please send me some hands: fabio@holdemmanager.net

ConZy
06-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Wierdly I created a new database and then I could import the hands from PT2...

But I still can't import the hands from the old Ongame database (SQL)

HM says "Found 0 files to process"

mattywein
06-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Can you explain $ EV on the cash sessions table? How is it calculated and what does it actually mean? Please move this post if its in the wrong section.

fozzy71
06-22-2009, 09:27 AM
This FAQ should explain it to you - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=68

tinkoff
06-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Can I use HM on two computers,paying once?

fozzy71
06-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Yes.

ACTIONFREAK
06-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Should I try to keep the number of hands in a single database under some number?

fozzy71
06-22-2009, 06:07 PM
The only real concern is your HD size and free space. There are users with 10+ million hand DBs. You should definitely do regular maintenance - vac/analyze, defrag HD, and I would recommend turning off the SQL logging collector (this can contain a lot of logs = wasted HD space) and possibly performance tuning SQL. (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=172)

If you want help turning off the logging collector please make a new thread and I will help you.

ACTIONFREAK
06-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks. Is there any way I can tell how many hands are in a database if they aren't my hands?

fozzy71
06-22-2009, 11:02 PM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=4246030&postcount=4844

There are a few ways. This one is educational :)

Open pgAdmin, doubleclick the "localhost server" so the red X goes away. Select your HM database in the treeview.

Do "Tools -> Query Tool" (or click the "SQL" icon in the toolbar).

enter this in the top section of the query window:

SELECT COUNT(pokerhand_id) as hands FROM handhistories;
Then do "Query -> Execute" (or click the "play" icon, or hit F5).
It will grind the disk for a little then spit out a number in the lower pane of the query tool if all has gone well :)

mcbrite
06-23-2009, 06:26 AM
Hey guys, just a quick question:

How long does the licence last? Is it unlimited? Does it include possible upgrades in the future (only within the feature-set you payed for ofc).

I had a poker office subscription, so I guess I'm a bit scarred in that respect... ;) More of a recreational player, so paying every year is kind of unappealing to me.

Cheers,

Seb

fozzy71
06-23-2009, 07:33 AM
One time fee. There are no yearly upgrade or renewal fees. You should be able to get numerous years of use from it. Much the same way people were able to use PT2 for soo long before PT3 came out.

#1ThunderFan
06-23-2009, 09:49 AM
I have some datamined hands in my database that I do not want anymore. How can I delete them from my database completely including player names?

hara_x
06-23-2009, 10:30 AM
I have some tournament (sng's at ongame) hands in my cash games section, should I delete them some how or is there coming some fix that makes them go away? I have the latest beta downloaded.

fozzy71
06-23-2009, 10:40 AM
purge old database
vaccum/analyze thru PGAdmin
export your hands from database control panel
create new database and set as default
manualy import to new DB from folder > C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\HandHistoryExport_NameOfDatabase

Later, after you know your new DB is accurate, and working properly, you can go thru PGAdmin to Delete/Drop the previous/purged DB. After all that purging and deleting it would be wise to defrag your hard drive ((Defraggler) (http://www.defraggler.com). Make sure you Stop the PostgreSQL service before defragging, and ReStart the service after, or reboot completely.

fozzy71
06-23-2009, 10:45 AM
I have some tournament (sng's at ongame) hands in my cash games section, should I delete them some how or is there coming some fix that makes them go away? I have the latest beta downloaded.

You have 1.09 beta 8??

Filter the Hands tab so you can see those hands, then right-click delete them. Then try importing them again.

#1ThunderFan
06-23-2009, 10:48 AM
purge old database
vaccum/analyze thru PGAdmin
export your hands from database control panel
create new database and set as default
manualy import to new DB from folder > C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\HandHistoryExport_NameOfDatabase

Later, after you know your new DB is accurate, and working properly, you can go thru PGAdmin to Delete/Drop the previous/purged DB. After all that purging and deleting it would be wise to defrag your hard drive ((Defraggler) (http://www.defraggler.com). Make sure you Stop the PostgreSQL service before defragging, and ReStart the service after, or reboot completely.

I have tried this on my old computer to no apparent luck. However it was a royal peice of crap so something may have just went wrong.
On my new computer I have tried purging all hands I was not involved with through the observed hand history config and it claims it deleted all the hands, then did a full/analyze vacuume through pgadmin, then exported hands and got close to the same amount of files in my export. I did not try reimporting them in a new database however as I thought they may have still been in there. Will there still be close to the same amount of files in the export folder after I deleted all of the hands? I only have 30k hands I want to keep.
Is there any diffrence between the direct purge hands feature and the purge hands feature available in the observed hand feature?
I will try again when I get home this afternoon.

fozzy71
06-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Yes, all of the purged hand files should be blank or empty now. During the purge process it gives a running total of hands purged and hands skipped due to player filter. I had never purged my DB (LOL) and I just did it after answering your post. I still have the same number of text files. I plan to create a new DB and import them later today. After I have them imported I plan on running some sql queries to get the total hand count from each db to hopefully see the difference. I will try and report back my findings in this thread.

I think the purge hands button in the observed hand history config window do the same job. The one just has a couple of different ways to filter I think.

#1ThunderFan
06-23-2009, 11:21 AM
Yes, all of the purged hand files should be blank or empty now. During the purge process it gives a running total of hands purged and hands skipped due to player filter. I had never purged my DB (LOL) and I just did it after answering your post. I still have the same number of text files. I plan to create a new DB and import them later today. After I have them imported I plan on running some sql queries to get the total hand count from each db to hopefully see the difference. I will try and report back my findings in this thread.

Thanks. When I get home I will try importing my exported folder in a new database and will let you know as well. Thanks for the help as usual Fozzy.

funkytoni
06-23-2009, 12:22 PM
http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12237

hara_x
06-23-2009, 12:46 PM
You have 1.09 beta 8??

Filter the Hands tab so you can see those hands, then right-click delete them. Then try importing them again.

that helped, ty

fozzy71
06-23-2009, 12:58 PM
http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12237

I have sent an urgent email to fabio so he can address your issue.

cannt install postgreSQL

Please make a new thread so we can try to help you.

Were you instaling SQL to the default install path (C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\?

Can you go to Start > My Computer > Right-Click + Properties on the Local Disk (C:) and tell me if the File System: is NTFS

You can just answer those questions in the new thread if you want.

that helped, ty

yw

fozzy71
06-23-2009, 01:17 PM
cannt install postgreSQL

no-8.3.7

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL
file system-FAT32

I moved your posts into their own thread -- http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=12511

#1ThunderFan
06-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Fozzy reimporting them got rid of the unwanted history. Thanks for the help. Much appriciated.

comura125
06-24-2009, 08:33 PM
What is the equivalent in HEM to ptbb ?

Thanks in advance!

fozzy71
06-24-2009, 08:44 PM
bb = big blind

BB = Big Bet = ptbb

theregulator
06-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Hi,

I bought HEM a few minutes ago. I paid via paypal, which had a very old, recently deactivated e-mail address listed as my primary. Because of this I did not receive the confirmation e-mail. I have since re-actived the old e-mail account. Can you please resend my confirmation information? Thanks.

-Troy

(theregulator@ml1.net)

fozzy71
06-24-2009, 09:17 PM
I am forwarding this to Sales for you.

dippy111
06-24-2009, 09:44 PM
i recently reformatted my harddrive and had to reinstall HM how do I get my registration code again?

fozzy71
06-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Send an email to sales@holdemmanager.net and he will get you taken care of.

LoneWolf
06-24-2009, 10:53 PM
I have both PT3 & HEM on my desktop. I had PT3 first and installed it w/postgresSQL. Now I just want to use HEM:), so how do I take PT3 and all the hands (over 3 mill) off my desktop. This is probably taking twice the space:eek: on my harddrive, remember I need postgresSQL for HEM.

fozzy71
06-24-2009, 11:02 PM
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=63

Are you gonna continue to use PT3 or uninstall it? If the latter, once you have the HHs safely exported and backed up, you can uninstall PT3 thru the add/remove programs.

To delete the postgresql DB go to Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.x > PGAdmin > Double Click or Right-Click+Connect to the PostgreSQL Server > Expand the '+ Databases (x)' and Single-Click on your PT3 DB to connect > Right-Click > Delete/Drop

After you have done that you should defrag your hard-drive to clean up the big hole made by the SQL DB deletion.

Rvg72
06-25-2009, 01:44 AM
Hi,

I bought HEM a few minutes ago. I paid via paypal, which had a very old, recently deactivated e-mail address listed as my primary. Because of this I did not receive the confirmation e-mail. I have since re-actived the old e-mail account. Can you please resend my confirmation information? Thanks.

-Troy

(theregulator@ml1.net)

I have resent the code

Thanks,
Roy

DaNutz
06-25-2009, 02:57 AM
Ive googled this and tried to search it here, but everytime
Holdem Manager Omaha version boots, Zonealarm gives me
a warning saying its trying to access internet, and I
can find no relation to the two.

fozzy71
06-25-2009, 07:26 AM
Forwarding to the developer for a reply.

funkytoni
06-25-2009, 09:45 AM
http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?p=58689#post58689

fozzy71
06-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Replied

m1sstake
06-25-2009, 10:38 AM
hi,

why is the ICM button in the Handreplayer greyed and unable to press?

LoneWolf
06-25-2009, 10:40 AM

Are you gonna continue to use PT3 or uninstall it? If the latter, once you have the HHs safely exported and backed up, you can uninstall PT3 thru the add/remove programs.

To delete the postgresql DB go to Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.x > PGAdmin > Double Click or Right-Click+Connect to the PostgreSQL Server > Expand the '+ Databases (x)' and Single-Click on your PT3 DB to connect > Right-Click > Delete/Drop

After you have done that you should defrag your hard-drive to clean up the big hole made by the SQL DB deletion.

Thanks for your reply.:) Just so I understand completely by uninstalling PT3 and then deleting PT3 DB in PostgreSQL 8.x > PGAdmin will reclaim HD space. So there's no need to purge all the hands first. Will this process take long? (like importing I mil hands) Once I'm done I defrag with stopping PostgresSQL service. Also I imported 1 M hands in hem, does HEM need any maintenace, it never asked me too?

Thank you :)

fozzy71
06-25-2009, 10:50 AM
hi,

I will forward your question to the HUD Developer.

Thanks for your reply.:) Just so I understand completely by uninstalling PT3 and then deleting PT3 DB in PostgreSQL 8.x > PGAdmin will reclaim HD space. So there's no need to purge all the hands first. Will this process take long? (like importing I mil hands) Once I'm done I defrag with stopping PostgresSQL service. Also I imported 1 M hands in hem, does HEM need any maintenace, it never asked me too?

Thank you :)

Correct, you would only be purging hands from the DB that you are about to Delete. The deletion process is quick.

I try to defrag at least once a month. Any time I do a big import I will Vacuum/Analyze that DB, stop the service, defrag, and restart sql or reboot. Any time I delete a DB I simply do the stop, defrag, start portion of the process. I don't know if a Vac/Analyze is necessary for the remaining DB's because you deleted a different one. I may be wrong in my thinking though, as it is just an uneducated assumption. :o

fozzy71
06-25-2009, 11:34 AM
hi,

It means there is no prize info (tournament summary) for that hand/tourney.

m1sstake
06-25-2009, 12:02 PM
But the Tourney has a summary, the checkmark in the "sum"-column is enabled at this tourney.

fozzy71
06-25-2009, 01:26 PM
But the Tourney has a summary, the checkmark in the "sum"-column is enabled at this tourney.

Quoting the developers email response.

If it's an MTT that won't help. I'd need chip counts for the other tables too. Thinking about it, it might be possible to start reading final tables...all the chips add up to 45 x $1500?... and start doing ICM for those.

ACTIONFREAK
06-25-2009, 04:15 PM
Can someone post the stars VPP formula for HEM? I couldn't find it the stats formula thread.

Rvg72
06-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Ive googled this and tried to search it here, but everytime
Holdem Manager Omaha version boots, Zonealarm gives me
a warning saying its trying to access internet, and I
can find no relation to the two.

The file is currentversion.html which is just a way for HM to check version numbers but I have since removed this since the page was never operational

Roy

Rvg72
06-25-2009, 05:22 PM
Can someone post the stars VPP formula for HEM? I couldn't find it the stats formula thread.

&lt;Stat GroupName="Misc" ColumnName="Stars VPP" ValueExpressions="sum(case when pkh.rakeamount >= 500 then 3 when pkh.rakeamount >= 300 then 2 when (pkh.rakeamount >= 200 and PKH.NumberOfPlayers &lt; 7) then 2 when pkh.rakeamount >= 100 then 1 when (pkh.rakeamount >= 40 and GT.bigblind <= 200) then 1 when (pkh.rakeamount >= 40 and PKH.NumberOfPlayers = 2) then 1 else 0 end) as vpps" Evaluate="vpps" ColumnHeader="Stars\nVPPS" ColumnFormat="0" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Stars VPP Points earned" />

comura125
06-25-2009, 07:59 PM

I too have PT3 which I don't use any longer and am wondering how necessary it is to remove it.

fozzy71
06-25-2009, 08:01 PM
It's not 'necessary' at all. Many people run both trackers and maintain multiple DBs.

Hunt3r
06-26-2009, 12:39 AM
im having the same problem. i have the newest version of HEM with Omaha. Plz help. thx.

fozzy71
06-26-2009, 02:35 AM
Good night.

ashiXIII
06-26-2009, 08:52 AM
How can I set the HUD to only show hands from the current game type? For example, when I'm playing HU, I only want to see hands I've played against this opponent HU, and not Full Ring or 6-max hands.

fozzy71
06-26-2009, 09:06 AM
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=131

ashiXIII
06-26-2009, 09:16 AM
thanks

m1sstake
06-26-2009, 11:02 AM
ok, thx

JohnnySilvers
06-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Hiya

I am guessing i have missed a config setting but I am stuck.

I can get the HUD working when I play cash games on Poker Stars but not when in the tourneys. I am working through EPT satelites and HM would extremely useful as players move from table to table.

I am running 1.08.04 on vista (4 gb of ram on the laptop) and have made the tweak for PS on vista that was in the help section.

Cheers

Johnny S.

fozzy71
06-26-2009, 05:16 PM
You need to update to the latest beta 1.09 beta 9, for the HUD to work on any tourney's, due to one of their recent updates. - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

JohnnySilvers
06-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Upgrade installed and working fine!

TY Big Time :)

israf3l
06-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Hi fozzy.

I just downloaded the HEM update (last update was like half a year ago) and I see that there is a new Tourney results section.

I would like to run a report to see what my $/Hr is in $6.50 turbos, but when I hit "run report", it seems like nothing happens.

I'm not sure if perhaps it just takes a long, long time to assemble my 100k+ hand histories from turbo SnG's, or if I am doing something wrong, or something else (maybe this section of HEM is unfinished).

Any ideas?

fozzy71
06-26-2009, 07:23 PM
There are multiple updates every month. Current version is 1.09 beta 9. - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

You can always find the latest beta version in the Releases - Forum - http://208.109.95.123/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Have you imported the Tournament Summaries to HM yet? How many 'Not Finished' Tourneys are shown on the left side-bar of the results tab? You can request your tourney results from the automated system in the Pokerstars Lobby > Requests Menu > Tournament History, but unfortunately your last 200 is the most you can request.

israf3l
06-26-2009, 08:06 PM
I meant that the last time I personally updated was half a year ago. Rereading it, it kind of looks like I'm insulting you guys for not updating enough. My bad, that was poorly worded.

Anyways, thanks, I assumed for some reason that the report would use my hand histories and not my tournament histories, which makes no sense because in an MTT the hand history doesn't show where you place/what your payout is.

So I'm guessing I have to keep requesting tournament histories manually? Let's say I request 200 tourney histories, import them into HEM, play 50 more tourneys, then request another 200 tourney histories. They won't overlap, right? HEM will recognize that 150 of the tourneys in that file are already imported?

Thanks so much fozzy.

fozzy71
06-26-2009, 08:23 PM
If they overlap HM will skip the duplicates, so a bit of a overlap is a good idea.

fozzy71
06-27-2009, 12:36 PM
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/Misc%20Crap/video-graph-FS2-Los25.gif

Venkman
06-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Hopefully, that's not your graph Fozzy...but the animation is very funny! ;)

fozzy71
06-27-2009, 12:59 PM
No, but mine do look very similar to that for the last 20 or 30k hands. http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/Smileys/blink.gif

The animation and original AVI is by levis on twoplustwo. I converted it to GIF for him.

mksmipalla
06-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Fozzy, I have an unrelated to HM question. where you are posting how are you attaching likes to a site or page to a word in the post? For example I have seen you post something like " you can find the info for that here" and when you click on the for "here" at the end of the sentence it takes you to the site or link. How do you do that?

fozzy71
06-27-2009, 04:34 PM
You type the word in the Reply Editor, that you want to be a link, first. Then you click+drag to highlight/select it. Now click the 'Insert HyperLink' Icon at the top/center of the Reply Editor box. Then past the exact URL for the page you want it linked to.

It will end up making some code that looks like this:

Linked Text (http://holdemmanager.net/)

The 'Linked Text', between the edges of the url brackets '] [' is the text that will appear. The ' (http://www.hyperlink.com)' designates where the hyperlinked text goes to.

mksmipalla
06-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Thanks, got it.

Eternal
06-27-2009, 09:19 PM
I tried searching, reading FAQ, i cant find it. Can someone direct me or help me find a solution to lining up my stats with my players on Pokerstars?

Everytime i do it, somehow the next session it's all messed up again.

Things ive done:
I've adjusted preferred seat in seating preference
I lined up my stats with the seat according in player table preferences.
I also set my ps account to have me sit at seat#5
I also "save positions" on table manager.

What else do i need to do???

Ive never used this quick question & answers before, please forgive me if this question is too long, but I really want an answer to this simple solution fast. Thanks.

fozzy71
06-27-2009, 09:37 PM
These are the original FAQs regarding the issue.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=147

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=96

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=81

You need to set your preferred sears in the pokerstars client - Options > Preferred Seat - First seat right of the chip tray is seat 1, and it goes clockwise.

Now you need to set your HEM preferred seats to match - HEM > HUD Options > Seating Preferences > Pokerstars

Also make sure you have 'pre-fetch' turned on - HEM > HUD Options > Site Options > Pokerstars > Check the 'Pre-fetch one hand' box. That should allow for the HUD to popup before the first hand is dealt.

-Also make sure these items are checked/unchecked accordingly:

HUD Options > Player Preferences > Make sure 'Fix my stats position' is Un-Checked

HUD Options > Table Preferences Un-Check 'Force Ontop'

-Now you should be able to start auto import, relaunch the HUD, and open a table of holdem and get the stats to pop up within 1 or 2 hands without playing. If they don't, you can manually add the prefetch folder to your Auto Import Folder Configuration > C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\HEM Data. I prefer to align everything while observing, before sitting in and aligning my hero stats.

If/when you sit in and play, while adjusting the stat positions, you MUST NOT move any stat panels, until after HM has imported one hand. It's best to wait until at least your small blind hand, or once you can see your own stats have popped up. I make sure to add the 'abb. name' stat when aligning the panels.

Now you will want to Ctrl + Right-Click + Drag (holding all 3 buttons) the stat panels into their proper positions.

Table Manager > File > Save Positions

Close that table, open a new table, and see if the stat panels are fixed. If they seem to be in the correct position, try playing an orbit or two of micro-stakes to see if it works as well.

If I confused you, or you are still unable to get it aligned, please email me at fozzy@tiltbusternet and we will schedule a teamviewer session so I can show you how to do it.

pzhon
06-27-2009, 11:49 PM
I have both limit tournaments and NL tournaments in my database. It looks like the big bet size for the limit tournaments (2 big blinds) is misread as the big blind size, and that filtering for NL does not hide the limit hands.

Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to read in the correct size of blinds, and to filter in or out the tournaments by limit vs. NL?

I'm been manually separating limit and NL hand histories, and importing them into separate databases, but that doesn't work well with auto-import since I play both types of tournaments at the same time. (Not enough limit tournaments run, so I fill my sets with NL.)

Thanks in advance.

fozzy71
06-27-2009, 11:59 PM
I don't know the tourney side very well yet, and the few tourney's I do have imported, are all No Limit. I was planning to play more tourney's, to get familiar with that side of the software, and now I know I should make sure to mix in some Limit ones also. ;)

I will forward your question for a proper reply from someone familiar with that.

immot
06-28-2009, 06:23 AM
I have new HUD, how can I make it as a default HUD?

fozzy71
06-28-2009, 09:05 AM
You need to set the default config for a site you do not play on, using the 'Use For' sub-tab. Then you set your new config to work for only your preferred site/game.

AntBlack
06-28-2009, 01:23 PM
i send you money by MoneyBookers (transaction id is: 162072313)
when i get registration code for Holdem Manager Pro?

fozzy71
06-28-2009, 01:29 PM
Please email your questions about the license directly to sales@holdemmanager.net for the fastest response.

Porninho
06-28-2009, 02:10 PM
Mij HUD is not working on stars. I updated latest version and rebooted, but it doesnt help. I put HM on auto import but he doesnt find the pokerstars in table manager.

fozzy71
06-28-2009, 02:15 PM
What version of HM, specifically, are you running? The current verson is 1.09 Beta 9 - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

If you are on Vista, make sure you have UAC turned off - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73

If that doesnt help, start a new thread and answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

jabit
06-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Is there any way to abbreviate players names further (maybe just the first 4 letters) so that they take up less HUD real estate?

Thank you

fozzy71
06-28-2009, 07:42 PM
I don't believe so, but I will double check with the developer to be sure. If not, you may want to suggest it here - http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/pages/5307-holdem-manger-suggestions

fozzy71
06-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Think I am overdue for an early night, and hopefully a full nights sleep. :cool:

BujtiLaci
06-29-2009, 07:32 AM
Hey , I have a dumb wuestion again..

How can I remove those things from the table?

http://i42.tinypic.com/2uyg1mw.jpg

regards

fozzy71
06-29-2009, 07:35 AM
HUD Options > Player Preferences > Appearance:

- Un-Tick 'Show table avgs'

- Set 'Number of pots:' to 0

Mike chops
06-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Is there any way to abbreviate players names further (maybe just the first 4 letters) so that they take up less HUD real estate?

Thank you

Select Name (abrev) and change the length using the decimals. I think 0 is 3 letters or something.

RainbowJJ
06-29-2009, 01:51 PM
I have just purchase Holdem Manager - it works great. But I don't know where to registrere my License code.
Could you please guide me?

fozzy71
06-29-2009, 01:59 PM
When you first start up HM it gives a screen with a few different option buttons. You have been using the 'Trial' button, and now you want to use the 'Buy' button, I believe. Then it should lead you thru the registration process.

cds0699
06-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Fozzy, quick question sir. I currently have HEM pro and I just bought a new code to upgrade and add HEM Omaha, my questions.....

1) How do I take out my old code, and put in my new code
2) I have version 1.08.04, do I need to re download anything or just add in the new code?
3) Will doing any of this mess up my current hands and all that I currently have in my database?

Thank you much in advance for your time.

fozzy71
06-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Fozzy, quick question sir. I currently have HEM pro and I just bought a new code to upgrade and add HEM Omaha, my questions.....

1) How do I take out my old code, and put in my new code
2) I have version 1.08.04, do I need to re download anything or just add in the new code?
3) Will doing any of this mess up my current hands and all that I currently have in my database?

Thank you much in advance for your time.

1 - You just need to go to Help > Clear License Code, and then restart HM, and enter your new code.

2 - You should update to the latest version 1.09 Beta 9 - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

3 - No,it shouldn't. Your processed Hand Histories should be getting moved to an archive folder. This can be verified in the Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit. It is typically C:\HMArchive, or similar. If you want to be extra certain you don't lose the hands in your DB, you can export your database to hand history text files, for reimport later if you ever need to rebuild. Options > Database Management > Connect > Export. Then make sure you make a copy of that, your other archive folder, and your \Config folder (HUD Settings).

cds0699
06-29-2009, 04:13 PM
1 - You just need to go to Help > Clear License Code, and then restart HM, and enter your new code.

2 - You should update to the latest version 1.09 Beta 9 - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

3 - No,it shouldn't. Your processed Hand Histories should be getting moved to an archive folder. This can be verified in the Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit. It is typically C:\HMArchive, or similar. If you want to be extra certain you don't lose the hands in your DB, you can export your database to hand history text files, for reimport later if you ever need to rebuild. Options > Database Management > Connect > Export. Then make sure you make a copy of that, your other archive folder, and your \Config folder (HUD Settings).

You are so awesome, thank you very much. I might try the beta. :)

fozzy71
06-29-2009, 04:20 PM
If you play tourney's on stars you need it. Full Tilt might also need the latest version, but I am not certain now.

comura125
06-29-2009, 04:21 PM
How do you select and copy hands for posting on message boards.

I know how to select and mark for text or 2p2 but cant figure out the next step in the process

fozzy71
06-29-2009, 04:29 PM
When you click those buttons in the side hand history box, it copies the hand history to your Windows Clipboard. Now you go to the forum, and either Right-Click + Paste, or Ctrl + V, to paste it from the clipboard into the new window. The 'clipboard' is like a temporary storage space so you can copy something from one place and paste it into another.

comura125
06-29-2009, 04:46 PM
When you click those buttons in the side hand history box, it copies the hand history to your Windows Clipboard. Now you go to the forum, and either Right-Click + Paste, or Ctrl + V, to paste it from the clipboard into the new window. The 'clipboard' is like a temporary storage space so you can copy something from one place and paste it into another.

so for example how would you access hand from the HEM replayer?

fozzy71
06-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Click on the 'Hand History' panel (in the upper left near the pot odds display) to open the side HH review box, and click 'Txt'. Then go to 2p2 and open their built-in hand converter, click in the box that says 'Paste hand history:' and click Ctrl+V to paste the text in, and click Convert. It will put the code for the converted HH in the reply editor where you type your message.

cds0699
06-29-2009, 05:33 PM
If you play tourney's on stars you need it. Full Tilt might also need the latest version, but I am not certain now.

Ya I decided its prolly best to do it, and my table scanner works again! :)

Rvg72
06-29-2009, 06:03 PM
I have both limit tournaments and NL tournaments in my database. It looks like the big bet size for the limit tournaments (2 big blinds) is misread as the big blind size, and that filtering for NL does not hide the limit hands.

Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to read in the correct size of blinds, and to filter in or out the tournaments by limit vs. NL?

I'm been manually separating limit and NL hand histories, and importing them into separate databases, but that doesn't work well with auto-import since I play both types of tournaments at the same time. (Not enough limit tournaments run, so I fill my sets with NL.)

Thanks in advance.

Hi, please send me a sample of No Limit and Limit tourneys to support@holdemmanager.net

We should be able to fix this pretty easily

Roy

paans87
06-29-2009, 07:11 PM
hey fozzy,

how can i get hm to auto find and attach the hud overlay on pokerstars. it seems to work on my visualized instand hand history sometimes, but on the live tables i have to do it manualy.

greets

fozzy71
06-29-2009, 07:48 PM
You mean the stats arent lining up right with you?

Make sure you have the latest beta version, 1.09 beta 9 - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

Then check out this thread and see if it helps.

lining up stats with players on pokerstars
(http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?p=62073#post62073)

If you still are having problems, let me know and I will help you get it setup. I have set up a lot of FTP/Stars players with HM, so I can do it fairly quick.

altrnbdss
06-29-2009, 08:52 PM
i tried to pay for the small stakes version and it said it didnt go through, but wen i checked my account it did go through. so should i be worried or is a license key coming?

fozzy71
06-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Send an email to sales@holdemmanager.net with your purchase details and he will get you taken care of.

paans87
06-30-2009, 05:40 AM
It's working now, thank you.

Ishindar
06-30-2009, 08:04 AM
i installed the holdem manager beta version last night. im now having the "unable to read data from the transport connection... " error. ive tried all the faqs etc and opened ports etc but still not working. i want to revert back to the normal version of holdem manager, how do i do this?

Cachalot
06-30-2009, 08:18 AM
Hello,

iīm new here and have some questions left. Please give me the answers, and also important, tell me where i could have found them by myself.

Version : 1.09b9 / Party

- In the Hud there are two numbers at the top, over the last hands (e.g. 25/6). Where can i configure theses data and what is the meaning of the default color configuration?

- The names within the HUD changes their color. I can configure this within the Player Preferences. But what basis data are used there?

- The Tabe Scanner is realy nice. But itīs a bit anoying that i canīt see, wich tables iīve opend so far. Some minutes later the tables iīm on are colored green. But thatīs not realy helpful if iīm looking for 5 more to open right now. Is there any trick i donīt see to improve this?

- Can i save ALL configurations of HEM at once? Iīm using two PCs and would like an easy and fast way to have exactly the same appearance on bot HEM.

Thanks for your help!

fozzy71
06-30-2009, 08:38 AM
i installed the holdem manager beta version last night. im now having the "unable to read data from the transport connection... " error. ive tried all the faqs etc and opened ports etc but still not working. i want to revert back to the normal version of holdem manager, how do i do this?

Downgrading won't help. The problem is with your PostgreSQL service not starting.

Try these FAQs again. If you are still having problems, please create a new thread and we will schedule you for a remote support session.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

95% of all postgresql problems can be solved by doing this:

first reboot and then

1) Open up control panel
2) Double click on Administrative Tools
3) Double click on Services
4) Find the postgresql service in the list then right click and press “Start”

If it gives an error then check event viewer also in Administrative Tools and find Application and look for a postgres error. If the details mention a bogus postmaster.pid then delete the C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file and try the instructions again.

If you still get this problem then it is almost always due to anti virus / firewall / spyware software getting in the way of the connection between HM and the database

Roy

Hello,

iīm new here and have some questions left. Please give me the answers, and also important, tell me where i could have found them by myself.

Version : 1.09b9 / Party

- In the Hud there are two numbers at the top, over the last hands (e.g. 25/6). Where can i configure theses data and what is the meaning of the default color configuration?

VPIP/PFR

The colors are the same as the colors you assigned for those stats in the Player Preferences > Stats panel.

- The names within the HUD changes their color. I can configure this within the Player Preferences. But what basis data are used there?

It uses the number of Big Blinds to assign the colors. I use it in cash games to help identify short-stackers, by filtering for 20, 40, 60, 80, and 80+ Big Blind stacks. Tourney players do the same, but filter suing much smaller numbers in relation to the tourney chip stack size differences.

- The Tabe Scanner is realy nice. But itīs a bit anoying that i canīt see, wich tables iīve opend so far. Some minutes later the tables iīm on are colored green. But thatīs not realy helpful if iīm looking for 5 more to open right now. Is there any trick i donīt see to improve this?

Thanks for your help!

I am not very familiar with the table scanner yet. The table scanner sub-forum is located here. (http://208.109.95.123/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20) Mr Snood should be able to answer that for you, or one of the other scanner users.

baloted
06-30-2009, 08:50 AM
I'm looking to switch from PT3 and I have a couple questions.

1: can I import my tournament results from PT3?

2: can HEM automatically update tournament and SNG results from poker stars and FTP, or do I need to have them email me my summaries and do a manual import?

3: I already have postgreesql installed, how will this affect the installation of HEM?

Thanks

fozzy71
06-30-2009, 09:01 AM
I'm looking to switch from PT3 and I have a couple questions.

1: can I import my tournament results from PT3?

2: can HEM automatically update tournament and SNG results from poker stars and FTP, or do I need to have them email me my summaries and do a manual import?

3: I already have postgreesql installed, how will this affect the installation of HEM?

Thanks

1 - It imports cash game hands fine. I don't have any practical experience getting the tourney info from PT3 to HM (cash game player), but I would hope it works relatively smooth. - http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=63

2 - Yes. FTP writes the tourney info to your PC. I thought you had to request/import tourney summaries from Stars, but I played a dozen or so this week, to start learning the tourney functionality, and I would request my summaries after the session, and go to HM to import them, but my winnings would already be reported on the DataView tab.

3 - You should be able to connect HM to your existing SQL installation and create a new HM DB. Eventually you may want to delete your PT3 DB, using PGAdmin. I believe PT3 uses postgres/dbpass for the user/password. If the password doesn't work, try postgrespass.

Jurons
06-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Hello!

I make big mistake...
Instead of HM I bought OM....
I realize it when i receive email from sales@holdemmaneger.net

It`s any possibility change it to HM?!

ps. I don`t use SERIAL NR who I get in my email.
Also send replay to sales@holdemmaneger.net

Thanks!

fozzy71
06-30-2009, 01:43 PM
Please send an email to sales@holdemmanager.net, and he will take care of you.

urflatbeat
06-30-2009, 09:32 PM
I am having difficulty setting up rakeback in the reports tab.....

the directions in the manual say....Navigate to this folder: C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Reports and open the CustomStats.txt file.

my problem is that when I open the reports folder their is no CustomStats.txt file?

ho do i fix this?

thanks in advance for the help =)

pennywise
06-30-2009, 09:34 PM
hi, I downloaded the trial version yesterday. But havnt managed to get table
stats yeat.

truble shooting:
I have windows vista, but it wont let me run as administrator

It does import hands, and im able to replay hands(with stats) shortly after
played. its set to show them on playing table after 3 hands

I play on poker stars, and am not sure the prefered seat is set correct
I selected 4th seat from the right to the dealer(from my view)in 9seats on ps
and selected seat 4 for 9seaters en ps in holdem manager.

I have selected hero name

user account control in turned off

Any suggestions?

Thanks!! in advance

And sorry for the bad english

fozzy71
06-30-2009, 09:52 PM
I am having difficulty setting up rakeback in the reports tab.....

the directions in the manual say....Navigate to this folder: C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Reports and open the CustomStats.txt file.

my problem is that when I open the reports folder their is no CustomStats.txt file?

ho do i fix this?

thanks in advance for the help =)

Make sure you have 'Hide known file extensions' turned off in Windows - http://www.fileinfo.com/help/windows-show-extensions.html

You need to create the (blank) file. Start > My Computer > C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Reports > Right-Click > New > Text Document > Name it 'CustomStats.txt'

Now you should be able to add your first custom stat to it.

hi, I downloaded the trial version yesterday. But havnt managed to get table
stats yeat.

truble shooting:
I have windows vista, but it wont let me run as administrator

It does import hands, and im able to replay hands(with stats) shortly after
played. its set to show them on playing table after 3 hands

I play on poker stars, and am not sure the prefered seat is set correct
I selected 4th seat from the right to the dealer(from my view)in 9seats on ps
and selected seat 4 for 9seaters en ps in holdem manager.

I have selected hero name

user account control in turned off

Any suggestions?

Thanks!! in advance

And sorry for the bad english

What version of HM? Cash Games or Tourneys? You may simply need to update to the newest beta version, 1.09 Beta 10 - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

Is the Table Manager open? HUD Options > Relaunch HUD? What does it say when you have tables open and playing?

Have you tried setting up the 'Pre-Fetch hands', and observing a cash table to try and get the HUD to display? - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=29

If none of that helps, let me know and I will help you sort it out.

pennywise
06-30-2009, 10:07 PM
thanks!!

The update to 1.09beta did the job. had 1.08 before.

burn_marki
07-01-2009, 11:10 AM
I have been playing for a week in FTP before i have installed holdem manager. I import my history as it is said in the tutorial, but after importing it says that 0 hands have been imported.

I've noticed that all the hands in my history are in Spanish. If my holdem manager is in english, must the hand history be in englis also?

Thanks

fozzy71
07-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Yes, the hand history files must be in English.

Cachalot
07-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Hi,

what time after the last played hand has to go by before a new cash session is started?

Can i configure this? Or end a session per hand?

Thanks

fozzy71
07-01-2009, 11:49 AM
I believe it is 30 minutes by default.

Close HM

Use Notepad to open - C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config\holdemmanager.config

Approximately half-way down the file (Line 61 in mine) is this line of code. I changed mine to 5 minutes.

<setting name="SessionTimeoutDuration">5</setting>

Save/Close the file and open HM again.

Cachalot
07-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Great, thanks a lot.

One more ;)

Postgres is saving lots and lots of logfiles by default. Right now iīve several hundred of MB just for logs. Are they realy necessary for the normal HEM User?
Where to click to disable the normal logging and only let errorlogs active?

netsrak
07-01-2009, 11:58 AM
You can delete the files under pg_log.

To change this log you must edit the postgresql.conf file. Please check the postgresql Dokumentation on www.postgresql.org or use Google to look for more informations about this.

fozzy71
07-01-2009, 12:15 PM
Great, thanks a lot.

One more ;)

Postgres is saving lots and lots of logfiles by default. Right now iīve several hundred of MB just for logs. Are they realy necessary for the normal HEM User?
Where to click to disable the normal logging and only let errorlogs active?

You can delete the files under pg_log.

To change this log you must edit the postgresql.conf file. Please check the postgresql Dokumentation on www.postgresql.org or use Google to look for more informations about this.

Here you go, along with some other things to do that should improve performance.

There is an in-depth post with lots more information. The following post is a short-cut version of the more detailed stuff explained here - Top 10: HEM performance increase tips (http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?p=62613&posted=1#post62613)

- Start > My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View > UnCheck 'Hide Extensions for known file types' > OK

- C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\postgresql.conf > Right-Click > Open With.. > NotePad > Check 'Always use this program'

- Scroll about half way down to ~Lines 245 - 260:

- The last line of this block of code, for the 'logging_collector', must be changed from Off to On.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# ERROR REPORTING AND LOGGING
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# - Where to Log -

log_destination = 'stderr' # Valid values are combinations of
# stderr, csvlog, syslog and eventlog,
# depending on platform. csvlog
# requires logging_collector to be on.

# This is used when logging to stderr:
logging_collector = off # Enable capturing of stderr and csvlog

File > Save; File > Close

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload Configuration.

*edit:
- Start > My Computer > C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, or C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, if you have 64 bit Vista. Delete all files in that folder. And it might be a good idea to empty your recycle bin at that point, or use a 3rd party utility like CCleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com) to clean up all your junk/temporary files. You want to do this before you get to the vacuum and defrag process.

- Vacuum:

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=60

- If you get an error, then vacuum manually:

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=163

- You can follow this FAQ for other ways to make HEM run faster. One of the most important steps is the defrag. I personally use Defraggler (http://www.defraggler.com/) on my PC. Make sure you Stop the PostgreSQL service before you defrag, and Start it back up after, so it will defrag properly.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=162

- You can also use the SQL Tuning Wizard :

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=172

burn_marki
07-01-2009, 12:58 PM
(in FTP)

I have two questions:

1- When I am in 6-max tabe, some the HUD panels appear covering the players stacks. How can i move them in order not to annoy me?

2- Is it possible to leave the program tracking hands from a table without being seated in it?

Thanks!

stinkeee
07-01-2009, 01:08 PM
This works pretty well on other message boards, so I thought we would try it here. If you have any quick/short questions that you feel are not thread-worthy, feel free to post them here. I check the forums every couple of hours and then try to address every new post since my last visit. Once I am done, I rinse and repeat. Except for Midnight EST til 7 or 8am EST while I sleep. Chances are you shouldn't have to wait more than an hour or 2 for a reply, typically.

ive tried the free version before i buy it can it be used in tournament play ?

fozzy71
07-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Yes it supports tourneys as well as cash games. What site(s) do you play on.

Hilips
07-01-2009, 01:39 PM
fozzy71, any trick to put the autorate feature working on last beta? Yesterday it worked "fine" after restarting the HUD/manager a few times but today it doesn't work at all.

I can't even "untick" the feature in the options->autorate anymore.

Live play btw, in replay works fine.

At Eurolinx with the last beta, 1.09.10a

fozzy71
07-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Here is a quote from Roy about it:

yeah, we'll have beta 11 out in an hour or two

a last second code checkin to fix one problem disabled the code to enable auto rate

stinkeee
07-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Yes it supports tourneys as well as cash games. What site(s) do you play on.

pokerstars and poker dot com i dont think it supports poker dot com tho

fozzy71
07-01-2009, 03:52 PM
fozzy71, any trick to put the autorate feature working on last beta? Yesterday it worked "fine" after restarting the HUD/manager a few times but today it doesn't work at all.

I can't even "untick" the feature in the options->autorate anymore.

Live play btw, in replay works fine.

At Eurolinx with the last beta, 1.09.10a

Beta 11 is available - link is in my signature.

stinkeee
07-01-2009, 03:57 PM

hi, i just purchased holdem manager thru paypal, i dont understand shouldnt i get an e-mail or what, i should be able to use it again right , just like i did during the free 15 days ?
thanx

Hilips
07-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Beta 11 is available - link is in my signature.

Working now, tks.

fozzy71
07-01-2009, 04:05 PM
hi, i just purchased holdem manager thru paypal, i dont understand shouldnt i get an e-mail or what, i should be able to use it again right , just like i did during the free 15 days ?
thanx

Yes you should receive an email. Check your Spam/Junk mailbox. If you don't have an email in there w/in a few hours after purchase, then you can send an email with your purchase details to sales@holdemmanager.net and he will take care of you promptly.

natstar1
07-01-2009, 06:49 PM
HEM doesn't support any of the Merge Gaming networks, correct?

fozzy71
07-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Carbon? No.

natstar1
07-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Carbon? No.
Yeah. Carbon in a skin. I see PT3 doesn't support it either. Is it tough to do? Because I've emailed them and they told me I can use tracking software and HUDS.

fozzy71
07-01-2009, 07:09 PM
I assume it has something to do with the overall size (or lack thereof) of the network.

pennywise
07-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Hi, I play at pokerstars, and just started using ur great program Hold em Manager. But I have some troble with the stats from tournaments. It dosent count all the winnings, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

fozzy71
07-02-2009, 10:30 PM
You need to request the tournament summaries.

Pokerstars > Requests > Tournament History..

You can request up to your last 200 summaries.

They will be sent to you in the body of an email. You need to copy/paste those summaries into a text file and import it with HM.

Right-Click on your Desktop > New > Text Document

Open up your new, blank text file.

Copy all the Tournament Summary information from the email they send you.

Click+Hold+Drag to highlight everything in the body of the email, except for the 2 lines here in red. You want to start at the 'Pokerstars Tournament #..." and end at the You finished in X place". I just did this for my last (all) 146 tournaments. It was quite a job to copy that many from my email without my browser crashing.

Tournament History for your last 5 tournaments requested by ...........

PokerStars Tournament #175444309, No Limit Hold'em

You finished in 4th place.

If you have any questions, please contact "PokerStars Support" support@pokerstars.com

Now go to the new Text file that you made, which should have opened in Notepad. Edit > Paste the Tournament Summary information into the text file, Save it, and Close it. Now you can either copy the text file and place it in your Pokerstars Hand History Folder so it gets imported during an auto import, or use the Import File(s) button and navigate to your desktop to select the text file you made.

Gig
07-03-2009, 04:23 AM
This thread is a very good idea. But i have no question, sorry.

Keep up the good work.

cds0699
07-03-2009, 03:57 PM
How does the HEM work for Cake exactly? I thought HUD's were not allowed? I'm confused on this one.

fozzy71
07-03-2009, 05:08 PM
The HUD doesn't work for Cake. It will import the hands, and all villains will be labeled as cake seat 1 - cake seat 9. It is a beta feature/site and Roy worked with Cake to make sure it would be permitted.

cds0699
07-03-2009, 09:15 PM
The HUD doesn't work for Cake. It will import the hands, and all villains will be labeled as cake seat 1 - cake seat 9. It is a beta feature/site and Roy worked with Cake to make sure it would be permitted.

Ahhh ok, I'll have to mess around and figure it out.

Sentin
07-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Any idea when beta 1.10 will come out with the fix for the stars 180s tracking problem?

fozzy71
07-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Current version is 1.09 Beta 12. Link is in my Sig.

Sentin
07-03-2009, 11:38 PM
yes, but when will the next version that has the 180s fix come out?
any clue?

fozzy71
07-03-2009, 11:54 PM
No I don't. I am not sure what bug you are referring to. Is it something that has been addressed in other threads? What is the bug? and what version of HM are you running? I am wanting to make sure that the developer is actually aware of the issue.

Sentin
07-04-2009, 12:00 AM
a buddy told me it was addressed somewhere but not sure where.
Tried using 1.09 beta today for the first time and for some reason my trny reports are all wacky.
I only played 180s and yet it has the field size totally random for all of them, also my finish positions are way off and the only tourney winnings they had in was my 1st place...none of the min cashes.
I fixed it manually and all is well but is there a reason it's not importing the right info?

Sentin
07-04-2009, 01:27 AM
if you find any threads with info on it, please drop the link here since my search skills have failed me.
thanks

pennywise
07-04-2009, 02:19 AM
fixed it

RainbowJJ
07-04-2009, 03:30 AM
Hi
I have some problem with HEM registred some of my tournament results. I have 13 results in my database, but its only my 2 FT that has been registred for winnings $. My small prizes is resulting in 0$.

Do you know thats wrong? and how I can fix it or do I have to manual registre the prizes?

Foukus
07-04-2009, 05:58 AM
Hi guys,

I got some hand histories from BetnGo support (iPoker) because they didn't register to my computer. They send the mat txt file and seems to that hand histories are in "standard" format. Eventhough, when I try "Import from File(s)" it doesn't find any hands. How I could get this working? Thanks.

fozzy71
07-04-2009, 08:01 AM
a buddy told me it was addressed somewhere but not sure where.
Tried using 1.09 beta today for the first time and for some reason my trny reports are all wacky.
I only played 180s and yet it has the field size totally random for all of them, also my finish positions are way off and the only tourney winnings they had in was my 1st place...none of the min cashes.
I fixed it manually and all is well but is there a reason it's not importing the right info?

Please try updating to 1.09 Beta 13 before you do any of the following.

You may need to request tournament summaries for the 180's and import those manually. The smaller multi-table SNGs don't typically require it tho. I played a few 18 and 27 mans this week, and didn't need to request summaries. You can request your last 200 tourney summaries from the Lobby > Requests > Tournament History.. Then copy/paste the summaries into a new text file, and import that to HM.

If that doesn't help you can try importing the recent 180's into a new DB. Or you can manually delete them from your original DB and reimport them. It may be necessary to copy the previously imported hand histories to a new folder, for HM to be able to not recognize them as duplicates.

Hi
I have some problem with HEM registred some of my tournament results. I have 13 results in my database, but its only my 2 FT that has been registred for winnings $. My small prizes is resulting in 0$.

Do you know thats wrong? and how I can fix it or do I have to manual registre the prizes?

Are they SNG or MTT? FT writes all the summaries to the hard drive I believe, so that you don't have to request them like at pokerstars. I would suggest the same as above. Update and try importing them again, possibly to a new DB.

If either of you are still having problems please start a new thread with as many details as possible about site, version of HM, and operating system. We will probably then have you send the hand histories so we can try importing them.

Hi guys,

I got some hand histories from BetnGo support (iPoker) because they didn't register to my computer. They send the mat txt file and seems to that hand histories are in "standard" format. Eventhough, when I try "Import from File(s)" it doesn't find any hands. How I could get this working? Thanks.

Please make sure you are using to 1.09 Beta 13. If they still won't import, please zip up and email them to support@holdemmanager.net, with your forum name and a link to your particular post in this thread. You can link to individual posts out of a thread, by clicking on the small post # link in the top right corner of each post.

This is the link to your post above - http://208.109.95.123/forum/showpost.php?p=63954&postcount=155

Daniel
07-04-2009, 08:05 AM
On the first openen table everything is OK, but in following tables the hud pop-up gves the stats of another player. The HUD stats themselves are right. But when trying to enter a note, the note is made for the second neighbour on the right. I'm running beta 12 on vista

fozzy71
07-04-2009, 08:27 AM
On the first openen table everything is OK, but in following tables the hud pop-up gves the stats of another player. The HUD stats themselves are right. But when trying to enter a note, the note is made for the second neighbour on the right. I'm running beta 12 on vista

First a couple of standard replies:

Make sure that Vista is still off -

It also couldn't hurt to update your graphics driver.

After none of that helps ;), please start a new thread with as many details as possible, and post a screenshot of the error, along with the following:-

The table window
The table manager
The contents of the importing\hud data folder.

Ctrl+print screen and paste into mspaint to save a screenshot.

Daniel
07-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Make sure that vista is off???

fozzy71
07-04-2009, 08:53 AM
LOL, I was multi-tasking and made a typo as well as forgot the link. :o I apologize.

Make sure UAC is still off if you are using Vista - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73

It causes all kinds of problems with the HUD.

jhfreestyle
07-04-2009, 09:07 AM
hi,

i'm in holidays soon, and i will not have any internet connection.
i would like to work my game with HM, but i try to use it offline and it's impossible. it say me that i've to register, as it's the case with a trial version.

is there any solution to use hm offline to replay some poker sessions ?

ty

Daniel
07-04-2009, 09:11 AM
yes turn UAC off and restart my computer, but stll be the same

fozzy71
07-04-2009, 09:53 AM
hi,

i would like to work my game with HM, but i try to use it offline and it's impossible. it say me that i've to register, as it's the case with a trial version.

ty

I can't remember the answer to this, and it upsets me. :mad:

I will ask Roy and one of us will reply.

yes turn UAC off and restart my computer, but stll be the same

Please start a new thread with some screen shots and we will try and sort it out or else set you up with a remote support session if we can't.

ligastar
07-04-2009, 10:57 AM
fozzy

i'm trying to datamine on stars by bringing up a bunch of tables i'm not sitting in but it isn't working. is it possible to datamine on stars? (i've had success on ftp, btw).

thx

fozzy71
07-04-2009, 11:04 AM
It is not possible, and it is against their TOS to attempt to do so.

It is also against the TOS to datamine at FTP.

ligastar
07-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Thanks for informing me of these facts fozzy.

cds0699
07-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Weird, my HUD isn't working like it always has. Hands are importing properly but the HUD isn't popping up (I have 1.09 Beta 12). I clicked "relaunch HUD" and that doesn't work. Any ideas?

Edit

It may be a problem trying to updgrade to beta 13, I got 2 error messages when trying to update to beta 13....

http://shup.com/Shup/181683/10964121731-Holdem-Manager-Update.png

http://shup.com/Shup/181684/1096412189-Holdem-Manager-Update.png

fozzy71
07-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Going to need a lot more details, so probably best if you make a new thread and answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

Common causes of HUD Issues:

- UAC not turned off on Vista
- No exceptions set in firewall

If it was working fine before, than those are less likely.

fozzy71
07-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the Task Manager > Processes Tab > Click on Image Name to sort alphabetically. Look for HMHUD.exe, holdemmanager.exe, and hmimport.exe. End any of those processes you see and try to update again. If you get the same errors try rebooting and updating.

If none of that helps please start a new thread so we can sort it out for you.

cds0699
07-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the Task Manager > Processes Tab > Click on Image Name to sort alphabetically. Look for HMHUD.exe, holdemmanager.exe, and hmimport.exe. End any of those processes you see and try to update again. If you get the same errors try rebooting and updating.

If none of that helps please start a new thread so we can sort it out for you.

Doing this worked!! I cannot stress enough, you are awesome fozzy, tyvm sir.

fozzy71
07-04-2009, 01:12 PM
hi,

ty

I guess I didn't actually remember the answer to this, so it is a good thing I asked. :p

This is a quote from the developer. Apparently it is an unsolved gremlin. :(

I'm not sure of the answer to this... it should cache the code for 15 days
on your pc and I can disconnect from the internet and it still works for me
but for some people it is definitely an issue and I haven't been able to
figure out why yet

Sentin
07-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Please try updating to 1.09 Beta 13 before you do any of the following.

You may need to request tournament summaries for the 180's and import those manually. The smaller multi-table SNGs don't typically require it tho. I played a few 18 and 27 mans this week, and didn't need to request summaries. You can request your last 200 tourney summaries from the Lobby > Requests > Tournament History.. Then copy/paste the summaries into a new text file, and import that to HM.

If that doesn't help you can try importing the recent 180's into a new DB. Or you can manually delete them from your original DB and reimport them. It may be necessary to copy the previously imported hand histories to a new folder, for HM to be able to not recognize them as duplicates.

requesting the hhs and copy/pasting them into the db worked. I guess i have to do it manually every 200 trnys then...which kinda sucks but not really a huge deal.
thanks man.

jhfreestyle
07-04-2009, 02:16 PM
I guess I didn't actually remember the answer to this, so it is a good thing I asked. :p

This is a quote from the developer. Apparently it is an unsolved gremlin. :(

I'm not sure of the answer to this... it should cache the code for 15 days
on your pc and I can disconnect from the internet and it still works for me
but for some people it is definitely an issue and I haven't been able to
figure out why yet

How can i "cache the code for 15 day" ? you mean the source code ? so i can't ?

maybe can i uninstall HM, clear the windows registry, and reinstall HM ?
i specify that i've bought a licence for HM Pro

Daniel
07-04-2009, 02:51 PM
hey
I turn off UAC, don't work???
and now my hud is gone??

fozzy71
07-04-2009, 04:08 PM
How can i "cache the code for 15 day" ? you mean the source code ? so i can't ?

maybe can i uninstall HM, clear the windows registry, and reinstall HM ?
i specify that i've bought a licence for HM Pro

That was the developer I was quoting and he is unsure why you can't. You should be able to, but some people can not. He hasn't figured out what causes it or how to fix it yet. I won't be able to help you any more than what I have already, unfortunately.

hey
I turn off UAC, don't work???
and now my hud is gone??

I guess turn UAC back on?? What firewall do you use? If windows firewall, try turning it off. If it's a 3rd party firewall, please try to uninstall it completely and reboot.

It is much too hard to follow one conversation in this thread. Please start a new thread like I mentioned previously, and answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

If you get the HUD opened backup, you could try to get some screen shots.

...... please start a new thread with as many details as possible, and post a screenshot of the error, along with the following:-

The table window
The table manager
The contents of the importing\hud data folder.

Ctrl+print screen and paste into mspaint to save a screenshot.

Once you get all the details in one place if we can't see anything super obvious we can setup a remote support session with fabio to get this sorted out for you.

alchemik
07-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Hi

I am on vacation and had to reinstall HM on my computer...

How can I retrieve registration key? (I have it on my main PC at home and cannot get it from here)

Looking forward :)

fozzy71
07-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Send an email to sales@holdemmanager.net with your purchase details. He should be able to help you get it taken care of.

Didace
07-04-2009, 05:33 PM
I've lost track. Does live tracking work yet? The current hand shows up blank for me and I get no pot odds at FTP.

I'm on v.1.09.12

fozzy71
07-04-2009, 06:07 PM
I've lost track. Does live tracking work yet? The current hand shows up blank for me and I get no pot odds at FTP.

I'm on v.1.09.12

Current version is beta 13. Live tracking is still buggy.

There is a thread about it here - http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=12447

And some intermittent mention of it in the 1.09 Beta thread - http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?p=64082&posted=1#post64082

jonmon101
07-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Hi I think I am going to have to reinstall my Windows XP Software because I got a virus and its been running like crap lately. If I do this will I have to buy a new copy of HEM, or can I just use my current serial number to register for the professional version once I download it?

fozzy71
07-04-2009, 07:50 PM
You will be able to use the same license. After you reformat, and install HM you will have a 15 day trial again. You would then need to email sales@holdemmanager.net and have your license reset, I believe.

heyitscorey
07-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Hey,

I am running HEM Omaha. I have the latest update.

After a while, the importer stops working. The table manager? which holds the table information disappears and then when I click stop importing and then click start it does not appear.

How can I manually launch the table manager to avoid this?

netsrak
07-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Vista? Make sure you start hmhud.exe as administrator (you can start it manually before launching the import)

zed33
07-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Hi, hem is not working for me on ftp since the last ftp software update. i downloaded the latest beta (from fozzy's profile link about 10 minutes ago) and it hasn't helped. i can't seem to find much about this on the forum. is it just me? help, i have just started a long mtt session! thanks.

fozzy71
07-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Hi, hem is not working for me on ftp since the last ftp software update. i downloaded the latest beta (from fozzy's profile link about 10 minutes ago) and it hasn't helped. i can't seem to find much about this on the forum. is it just me? help, i have just started a long mtt session! thanks.

What version did you upgrade from? Is it importing the Hands and no HUD? Or not even importing them? Has anything else changed on your system? UAC get turned back on? Firewall? I was just able to open a cash table and tourney table and import with HUD using Beta 13.

It's probably gonna be best if you start a new thread so we can figure it out.

You could try downgrading to an earlier beta, but I have doubts that is the issue, considering mine imports fine.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11865

zed33
07-05-2009, 04:35 PM
ugh, i was adding some new auto import folders last night and it looks like i must have overwritten the old ftp one or something. i reinstated it and now it works fine. thanks for the prompt response.

Pocket Sixes
07-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Hi,

I just purchased HEM through Pay pal. Now what? There was a message that a product code would be arriving through pay pal? How does that work and do I need that to download the software?

Thanks

fozzy71
07-05-2009, 05:27 PM
You should receive an email with the code, likely to the same email as your paypal is registered to. Make sure you check your junk/spam boxes. If you haven't received it after a few hours, please email sales@holdemmanager.net with your purchase details.

cds0699
07-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Hey fozzy, any idea if they're gonna charge for table scanner? and if so how much?

#1ThunderFan
07-05-2009, 07:10 PM
who do i contact about deactivating my old desktop license and getting a new key for my new desktop?

fozzy71
07-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Hey fozzy, any idea if they're gonna charge for table scanner? and if so how much?

Table Scanner Pricing (http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=9506)

who do i contact about deactivating my old desktop license and getting a new key for my new desktop?

Contact Roy directly at sales@holdemmanager.net with your details.

tilltill
07-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Hi,
Could you please explain what the Three_bet.open_from stats are?
Exemple:
"Three_bet.open_from.CO.total"
"Three_bet.open_from.MP.ip"
"Three_bet.open_from.MP.blind"

Thanks

fozzy71
07-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Hi,
Exemple:

Thanks

You should be able to find your answers in one of these FAQs.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=155

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=156

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=89

http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=3595

tilltill
07-05-2009, 08:29 PM
You should be able to find your answers in one of these FAQs.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=155

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=156

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=89

http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=3595

Hi Fozzy,
Thanks for the answer. I might be blind, but I didn't find anything about "Three_bet.open_from" in those links...

fozzy71
07-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Hi,
Exemple:

Thanks

Hi Fozzy,
Thanks for the answer. I might be blind, but I didn't find anything about "Three_bet.open_from" in those links...

Where are these stats in HM that you want defined? I would assume it means that someone has raised before you, and you 'cold-3bet' from those positions. I would like to verify if my assumption is correct tho, so let me know what screen these are on.

Pocket Sixes
07-05-2009, 09:07 PM
You should receive an email with the code, likely to the same email as your paypal is registered to. Make sure you check your junk/spam boxes. If you haven't received it after a few hours, please email sales@holdemmanager.net with your purchase details.
Hi again,

I never received an email so I emailed sales...., but haven't received any answer from them. are they in today? Do they have a phone number?

Thanks

tilltill
07-05-2009, 09:13 PM
When you had stats to HUD or popup:
Available stats -> Pre_vs

fozzy71
07-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Hi again,

I never received an email so I emailed sales...., but haven't received any answer from them. are they in today? Do they have a phone number?

Thanks

I haven't chatted with him today, so I am not sure. He should respond soon. I will send him an email on your behalf as well.

When you had stats to HUD or popup:
Available stats -> Pre_vs

The stats are:

3B_vs_open_from.EP (MP, CO, BTN, etc)

on the HUD Popup Designer.

If I am interpreting this right this should be, the % of time they 3Bet an Open-Raise that comes from that position.

So if you are in Early Position and Open-Raise, and they then 3Bet you, this would be a stat to look at it to try and help determine if they are 3-Betting you light. I will ask one of the other support guys to make sure I explained that right, but I am pretty sure I am not far off base.

These are newer stats that probably aren't in those FAQs. The FAQs are being updated currently.

SteveH369
07-05-2009, 10:22 PM
...my HEM is saving all of my hands to my desktop, how do I direct it to a specific file?

fozzy71
07-05-2009, 10:43 PM
Is it HM or your Poker Client?

In HM you go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder > Select: Typical location is C:\HMArchive, but you can set them wherever you want.

fozzy71
07-05-2009, 11:02 PM

The stats are:

3B_vs_open_from.EP (MP, CO, BTN, etc)

on the HUD Popup Designer.

If I am interpreting this right this should be, the % of time they 3Bet an Open-Raise that comes from that position.

So if you are in Early Position and Open-Raise, and they then 3Bet you, this would be a stat to look at it to try and help determine if they are 3-Betting you light. I will ask one of the other support guys to make sure I explained that right, but I am pretty sure I am not far off base.

Confirmed, I actually knew what I was talking about for once. :cool:

tilltill
07-06-2009, 02:20 AM
Thanks Fozzy!

Pocket Sixes
07-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Hi again, OK I have my serial code now what do I do? Download the full version? and will it ask me for the serial code?

Thanks again

netsrak
07-06-2009, 08:58 AM
I don't know the history you had with Fozzy but yes, thats the normal procedure

fozzy71
07-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Did you already have the trial installed? If so, simply install the latest beta version, 1.09 Beta 13, and start it, then click the Register button.

If HM is not installed, download and install the Full setup - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip

Then the latest beta version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

And PostgreSQL if it's not installed yet - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=176

Pocket Sixes
07-06-2009, 09:11 AM
I am starting to feel dumb!! Now what. I downloaded postgre (what is postgre?) and I assume that I should select "extract all files" in the popup window? When I do that it suggests that the files be "extracted" to the desktop. Does this make sense?

I tried to delete this but couldn 't figure out how. I did find some instructions and am trying to follow. Thanks

Pocket Sixes
07-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Hi agian

All loaded and ready to to. One problem. I play poker on a different user name on my computer than the administrator. Normally I can "run as" the administrator if necessary, but I don't seem to get that choice with Holdem Manager. The icon on the desktop is something like "shortcut to Holdem Manager", but I can't find the actual Holdem Manager program.

Do/can I need to run the program "as" the administrator to continuously import from my poker stars file (which is filed under the administrator account)?

Maybe I should I move the Poker Stars hands file to the other user account?

Can I run Holdem manager from the other user name by "running as" the administrator?

(and where is Holdem Manager? is it within the Postgre program somewhere?

Thanks again; I hope I explained this correctly.

fozzy71
07-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Right-Click > Properties will give you the path. Typically C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager. If you have 64 bit vista, it will be C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager

I have always had great success, regardless of the user account, by simply turning off UAC (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73), and setting exceptions in the firewall. (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171)

Have you been able to start HM yet and have it properly connect to the SQL server?

Pocket Sixes
07-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Right-Click > Properties will give you the path. Typically C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager. If you have 64 bit vista, it will be C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager

I have always had great success, regardless of the user account, by simply turning off UAC (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73), and setting exceptions in the firewall. (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171)

Have you been able to start HM yet and have it properly connect to the SQL server?

Thanks Fozzy. Not sure what UAC is but will check it out. Yes I have been able to start HM and it works and has even put HUD stats up when playing under administrator. However, I do want to move over to the other user account to play.

LuckyDevil
07-06-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm setting up a new machine for poker. I have two WD raptor hard drives. Is it better (performance and stability wise) to install postgres and its data on one hard drive and HM on the other hard drive or is it better to to have them on the same drive? Should i dedicate one hard drive to either piece of software and not use it for anything else? What will give me the most performance?

fozzy71
07-06-2009, 06:17 PM
I believe the most important factor is that you have the OS on one drive and your SQL DB on the other drive so they don't compete for read/write cycles. I don't believe where HM is matters, as it basically gets loaded into RAM and doesn't do anything with the HD (it tells SQL what to do to the HD).

I am building a new machine this fall, that will either have a the same drives, or perhaps 2 SSDs (or 1 SSD for OS, and WDVR300 for SQL and personal data may be wiser), along with a 3rd drive for backups and media storage. I will be installing my OS and all poker apps and other apps on the C drive with my OS. I will of course be running daily backup syncs of my most important program files from that drive (mostly my poker sites and HM directory), so if my OS ever crashes or that drive fails, it wont be difficult to reinstall everything and copy over the necessary preferences files to get my applications the same as they were. My SQL and all other personal data will go on the 2nd Hi-Performance drive.

I am still considering 4 internal drives as an option also, if I can bring myself to spend that much money. My SQL Db is small, so I am thinking a 34gb SSD for OS, 34 or 70gb SSD for SQL DB, then a 500gb caviar for personal data and graphics, along with a 1TB backup drive (internal and external)

LuckyDevil
07-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks Fozzy. Ya, i was thinking of going with SSD hard drives, but my SQL DB is to big. I guess i could have put my OS on one, oh well.

fozzy71
07-06-2009, 06:58 PM
You will be happy with your setup. I have a friend with vraptor for OS and Standard 7200rpm for SQL and all other personal data. He says it is blazing fast, so I cant wait til I have 1 or 2 SSDs in mine.

Here is something cool, if you havent seen it.

Samsung SSD Awesomeness (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96dWOEa4Djs)

Rvg72
07-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Hi again,

Thanks

Hi, if you have not received your code yet please email sales@holdemmanager.net and cc roygon@gmail.com

It could be that there is an email issue of some kind

Roy

HEHEHEM
07-06-2009, 07:49 PM
this is an email i sent to sales@holdemmanager.net which still havent been answered, i was about to create a new thread but luckily i saw this one.

i ll just copy paste it:

Hey,

I would appreciate if you give me a hand with this, i ll try to explain what error i get the best way i can, my english isn't that good though.

maybe some screenshots will help, i ll upload them in imageshack.us and give you the direct links (ending in .jpg)

when i open the client i get this error:
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7299/screenhunter01jul061837.jpg

after clicking OK i get this screen with the postgres user and pass request, which i dont remember, (the screenshot is taken after i click "connect")
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1286/screenhunter02jul061840.jpg

if i click no i get back to the user and pass request screen, if i click yes another screen pops up that says "Holdem Manager updated PostgresSQL. Please Try connecting again."

but then when i try to connect again i keep getting the incorrect username and/or password of the second picture.

Thanks in advance for your time and support.

slamdunka
07-07-2009, 03:37 AM
The win % disappeared from the hand replayer a while back. I have the latest update.

Also can I get the $ per hour stat in the winnings summary report?

fozzy71
07-07-2009, 07:13 AM
this is an email i sent to sales@holdemmanager.net which still havent been answered, i was about to create a new thread but luckily i saw this one.

i ll just copy paste it:

Hey,

I would appreciate if you give me a hand with this, i ll try to explain what error i get the best way i can, my english isn't that good though.

maybe some screenshots will help, i ll upload them in imageshack.us and give you the direct links (ending in .jpg)

when i open the client i get this error:
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7299/screenhunter01jul061837.jpg

after clicking OK i get this screen with the postgres user and pass request, which i dont remember, (the screenshot is taken after i click "connect")
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1286/screenhunter02jul061840.jpg

if i click no i get back to the user and pass request screen, if i click yes another screen pops up that says "Holdem Manager updated PostgresSQL. Please Try connecting again."

but then when i try to connect again i keep getting the incorrect username and/or password of the second picture.

Thanks in advance for your time and support.

When first installing postgresql there are 2 screens where you have to enter the password. That is the password it is wanting.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=176

Default user name is: postgres

Typical passwords are: postgrespass and dbpass

If neither of those work, you can remove the need for a password by editing the pg_hba.conf file.

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Configuration Files > Edit pg_hba.conf

The file should open with Notepad

Scroll to the bottom where you will see this code

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5
# IPv6 local connections:
#host all all ::1/128 md5

You need to change the first 'md5' to 'trust', like this

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust
# IPv6 local connections:
#host all all ::1/128 md5

Save, and close the file.

Click: Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload configuration

fozzy71
07-07-2009, 07:20 AM
The win % disappeared from the hand replayer a while back. I have the latest update.

I hate when people say this and don't give a version number. You can't imagine how often people that say this, do not actually have the latest version number. Please be specific as to what version you are using.

I have 1.09 beta 13 and I just tested the replayer and my win % is working fine. If you have beta 13, and the win% doesn't show in the replayer when 2+ people's hole cards are known, then we may want to separate this to it's own thread and ask the HUD developer for some assistance.

Also can I get the $ per hour stat in the winnings summary report?

The only place that $/hr is available is on the Sessions Tab. If you filter your Reports Winning Summary, and were curious about your hourly, it would require clicking to the Sessions tab, to get that stat, and then you could come back to the Reports tab.

If you want to suggest it be added, you can add the suggestion here. - http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/pages/5307-holdem-manger-suggestions

Treiks
07-07-2009, 07:45 AM
Hei Fozzy!

Is there a way (some good mods maybe?) how to change the appearance and colors of the HM graphs?

fozzy71
07-07-2009, 08:14 AM
You can change some of the graph line colors by editing the config file.

Close HM
Open C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config\HoldemManager.config with notepad
Scroll about 2/3 of way down, until you see this chunk of code:

<setting name="GraphShowdownWinnings">False,Blue,1,Solid</setting>
<setting name="GraphWinnings">True,DarkGreen,2,Solid</setting>
<setting name="UseGraphicalCards">True</setting>
<setting name="GraphAllInEv">True,DarkGreen,1,Dash</setting>
<setting name="GraphNonShowdownWinnings">False,Red,1,Solid</setting>
<setting name="GraphRakeback">False,DarkBlue,1,Solid</setting>

The Showdown, Non-Showdown, and Rakeback lines that are not configurable.

Color names can be found here - http://www.w3schools.com/HTML/html_colornames.asp

Here is my edited Config:

<setting name="GraphShowdownWinnings">False,Blue,1,Solid</setting>
<setting name="GraphWinnings">True,Black,2,Solid</setting>
<setting name="UseGraphicalCards">True</setting>
<setting name="GraphAllInEv">True,DarkOrange,1,Dash</setting>
<setting name="GraphNonShowdownWinnings">False,Red,1,Solid</setting>
<setting name="GraphRakeback">False,DarkBlue,1,Solid</setting>

Edit/Save/Close the file and open HM backup.

luckyfool
07-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Fozzy,

what's the risk of reverting back to the last official build from my beta and how do I do it?

were there any changes to tables schemas etc that could cause an issue?

fozzy71
07-07-2009, 09:02 AM
You should be able to revert as far back as 1.08.04 according to the support manager.

What problems are you having with Beta 13 and for what site?

The current beta revision list, with downloads for few previous betas is located here - http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11865

If you want to attempt going all the way back to 1.08.04 (which I do NOT recommend), download that update file from the main site - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe

If you are going to downgrade, I would suggest you make an entire copy of your HM folder before downgrading, and paste it elsewhere in case there are new problems. Before you copy your HM folder, you should export your HUD configs, export your player notes, and export your entire DB to text files. That should help insure you don't lose anything if something went wrong with the downgrade.

Kohni
07-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Hi,

i made a deposit at stars and i want to see the amount at the graphs.

is it possible?

Thanx

luckyfool
07-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks Fozzy,

the beta is working fine, the problem is that with the recent upgrade at ongame, they completely change the hand history for the client but have not changed it for observed hands they publish on the web and now the import is broken for those hands.

the plan is to switch between 1.08 for import and 1.09 beta for playing.. not sure this will work though...

fozzy71
07-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Hi,

i made a deposit at stars and i want to see the amount at the graphs.

is it possible?

Thanx

There is no 'Bankroll Tracker' in HM. I suppose you could add it as a Bonus, under the Options > Rakeback and Bonuses menu, but then it just looks like additional profit, not a real indication of your actual bankroll level.

There is a free bankroll tracker that has HM support. I have not tried using it yet, personally.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=10871261&postcount=13

Thanks Fozzy,

the beta is working fine, the problem is that with the recent upgrade at ongame, they completely change the hand history for the client but have not changed it for observed hands they publish on the web and now the import is broken for those hands.

the plan is to switch between 1.08 for import and 1.09 beta for playing.. not sure this will work though...

OK, I figured it was probably ongame or prima. Beta 14 is due out soon, but not sure that it will help with your particular problem.

blind squirrel
07-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Hi there,

I wanna purchase HEM. My roomie has neteller, how can we work out paying through his account? I canīt transfer from Stars right?

Thanks

fozzy71
07-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Hi there,

I wanna purchase HEM. My roomie has neteller, how can we work out paying through his account? I canīt transfer from Stars right?

Thanks

Any purchase questions need to be emailed to sales@holdemmanager.net. PokerStars does not allow transfers for goods/services, so we can't accept it.

blind squirrel
07-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Any purchase questions need to be emailed to sales@holdemmanager.net. PokerStars does not allow transfers for goods/services, so we can't accept it.

Thanks for the address I couldnīt find it, thus posting here.

fozzy71
07-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the address I couldnīt find it, thus posting here.

That's what this thread is for. ;)

blueskys004
07-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Hi,

How can I see in HEM if, say, I get as many pocket aces as i'm supposed to get. Or I flop a set with pocket pairs as many times as i'm supposed to.

fozzy71
07-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Cash Games > Reports > Drop Down: HoleCards

Stat Selection > '+' > Flop: Flop Set % > Save > Refresh

AKAssman
07-07-2009, 02:46 PM
I just got a new computer and I'm wondering if there is a quicker way to get my HEM database from my old computer to my new computer than transferring my HH files and importing them. Also - my new computer has Windows Vista, what steps will I need to take to get postgres set up to run HEM?

Thanks,
AKAssman

smell777
07-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Hi! What is "reads" tab in Table Scaner? What does it mean? TY

fozzy71
07-07-2009, 03:52 PM
I just got a new computer and I'm wondering if there is a quicker way to get my HEM database from my old computer to my new computer than transferring my HH files and importing them. Also - my new computer has Windows Vista, what steps will I need to take to get postgres set up to run HEM?

Thanks,
AKAssman

Vista: Turn off UAC - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73

Turn off Windows Firewall for installing HM and PostgreSQL. Once you get those installed you can add exceptions to the firewall. If you have a 3rd party firewall, uninstall it completely before installing HM/SQL - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Before you uninstall HM:

I want to re-install Holdem Manger without losing all of my settings and preferences. Can this be done? (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=98)

How do I re-install PostgreSQL and use a previous database? (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177)

How do I backup and restore my database? (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=12)

How do I export or import hands into and from Holdem Manager? (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173)

You want to make sure you backup your Processed/Archived hand histories, your entire \config folder, and your exportednotes file. (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=119) I usually just copy my entire \Holdem Manager directory. It is also a good idea to export any non-default HUD configs you have created to XML file.

I would also make sure you manually export the database to hand history text files:

HM > Options > Database Management > Connect > Export Hands

Make sure you copy that folder as well as the other stuff I mentioned.

This helps to insure that if anything goes wrong with the backup/restore, you can manually import the exported files to rebuild.

Logging:

I would suggest you turn off logging on your new SQL installation as well as these other performance improvements - Top 10: HEM performance increase tips
(http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?p=62613&posted=1#post62613)

To turn off logging, follow these instructions. This is the first thing I do anytime I install SQL for someone.

- Start > My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View > UnCheck 'Hide Extensions for known file types' > OK

- C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\postgresql.conf > Right-Click > Open With.. > NotePad > Check 'Always use this program'

- Scroll about half way down to ~Lines 245 - 260:

- The last line of this block of code, for the 'logging_collector', must be changed from On to Off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# ERROR REPORTING AND LOGGING
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# - Where to Log -

log_destination = 'stderr' # Valid values are combinations of
# stderr, csvlog, syslog and eventlog,
# depending on platform. csvlog
# requires logging_collector to be on.

# This is used when logging to stderr:
logging_collector = off # Enable capturing of stderr and csvlog

File > Save; File > Close

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload Configuration.

*edit:
- Start > My Computer > C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, or C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, if you have 64 bit Vista. Delete all files in that folder. And it might be a good idea to empty your recycle bin at that point, or use a 3rd party utility like CCleaner to clean up all your junk/temporary files. You want to do this before you get to the vacuum and defrag process.

Installing HM:

When reinstalling HM, install the full setup, then the latest beta patch and finally paste in your config folder. Then the only thing left would be importing your exported notes. Your HUD should be the same as it was.

fozzy71
07-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Hi! What is "reads" tab in Table Scaner? What does it mean? TY

I am sorry, but I don't yet have any practical experience with the table scanner. You can ask your question in the Table Scanner forum (http://208.109.95.123/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20) and Mr Snood will reply to you. I will try to take a look at it here shortly, and see if it makes any sense to me. Probably wont as I don't have recent hands where I could scan and actually get matches to my DB.

jakejackjake
07-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Hi currently 13 tabling sng's any reason HEM would stop importing after 13 hands on the first table 12 on the second and none on the rest. I am also running table ninja

fozzy71
07-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Table ninja shouldn't matter. Much more important for me to help you is your operating system, poker site, version number of HM, etc. What does it say on the Importing Tab? What does the Table Manager show? What is in the \holdem manager\importing\hud data folder while playing/importing? Are the HHs still being wrote to your PC by the poker client?

You could change Options > Miscellaneous Options > Change Archive Duration, to make sure that HM doesn't move those HHs yet. Then if there is indeed a problem it will be easy for you to copy and zip them to email us.

Give me some more details, and then I will move this stuff to it's own thread so we can help you better.

jakejackjake
07-07-2009, 04:34 PM
v1.09 beta 13, HH being saved to PC in same folder on the desktop

PostgreSQL, Pokerstars

import tab says no new files found, and table manager shows all 13 tables, but only the data fr the first 13 hands on the first table and first 12 hands on the second

sorry for this choppy post hard to type more then a word or two at a time

jakejackjake
07-07-2009, 04:46 PM
problem seems to have been resolved once i closed HEM and opened it back up and closed table manager as well

the first time i did this i left table manager open and this seems to have been keeping it from correcting the problem

a box popped up saying my saved positions had been lost though

i believe the hands are importing properly though at this point

all the information in my last post was correct though

fozzy71
07-07-2009, 04:52 PM
OK. Sounds odd, but hopefully the reboot cleaned out the hiccup. Please let me know if it happens again. If it does, we will get Mike involved so we can figure out what is causing it.

Pocket Sixes
07-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Hi again,

Something strange has happened. I uninstalled and then re-downloaded HEM to see if I could could get it working better. I still can only seem to use it if I am an administrator. In any event, something happened to my Poker Stars hands history file. It was cleaned out! Does HEM take all the hands out of the Poker Stars file? If so, it seems that when I reloaded HEM it only picked up half the former PS hands or so and the Poker stars file was then empty. I also have been using Poker Academy for various information for some time now. Do HEM and PA fight for the Poker Stars files by any chance? What could the problem be?

Thanks Fozzy

fozzy71
07-07-2009, 05:00 PM
HM Archives them according to 2 things:

Options > Miscellaneous Options > Change Archive Duration

The Archive Folder is designated in: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: This is typically C:\HMArchive, but you may have created your own during installation. You should be able to find them there. It is always a good idea to export your database to text files before you ever reinstall HM or SQL.

LoneWolf
07-07-2009, 05:11 PM
While I play at Pacific with hud, the stats disappear then re-appear, they also reset themselves back to 1 hand even though I played 50. I know I read something about this but can't find it.:(

Thanks

Pocket Sixes
07-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Hi,

Showing my ignorance here, but what does the HMArchive file do?

Does HEM take the hand histoy files out of the pokerstars Hand history file and then put them in the archive file?

If so, can PA also import from the HMArchive file?

Am I on the right track here?

fozzy71
07-07-2009, 05:15 PM
While I play at Pacific with hud, the stats disappear then re-appear, they also reset themselves back to 1 hand even though I played 50. I know I read something about this but can't find it.:(

Thanks

Make sure you have the latest version, 1.09 Beta 13 from the link in my Sig. If that doesn't help.

Please answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174, and then I will move this to it's own thread.

You could also try to screen capture the error, if possible. If you do, Mike would want to see:

Table Window
Table Manager
Contents of \Holdem Manager\Importing\HUD Data folder.

fozzy71
07-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Hi,

Showing my ignorance here, but what does the HMArchive file do?

Does HEM take the hand histoy files out of the pokerstars Hand history file and then put them in the archive file?

If so, can PA also import from the HMArchive file?

Am I on the right track here?

HM moves the original hand history text files that it auto-imports and moves them into that folder, in case you ever need to rebuild your DB via manual import of hand histories again. The manual imports do not move/archive the text files that it parses, only the auto-importing. I am not very familiar with PA, but you should be able to set it to import from the HMArchive, or else you can have it importing from the same folder as HM, if you change the archive duration to such a length of time that you could import to PA before HM moves them.

urflatbeat
07-08-2009, 01:06 AM
hi:)

I have what i hope is an easy question.

While reading either on the forum or in the manual I came across article on plugging leaks that is meant to help analyze your game.

the article described what have proven to be the most profitable stats, I've searched every where and I am unable to find this article.

Could you please direct me to this article.

fozzy71
07-08-2009, 01:24 AM
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/HEM/hm-articles.png

dedalus
07-08-2009, 07:05 AM
hi,
i just payed up for the upgrade from holdem manager -> omaha manager pro using paypal

what do i do now? i haven't received any serial number or anything

:confused:

RainbowJJ
07-08-2009, 07:35 AM
Hi

How can I configure the Fish Finder on my HUD? it always say 0 Fish.
I don't find any material on Fish Finder in you Manual.

Regards
Henrik