PDA

View Full Version : Database Deleted All My Hands?

jamesnick88
09-16-2011, 06:30 AM
Hey I had about 15k in my database last week. Opened HM one day and the DB was down to 7k. Was playing earlier tonight and had 10k hands in there, now it's completely empty. I am on RPM poker and I checked my hand histories in RPM's folder and they were all deleted somehow. I have no clue how those histories disappeared from the RPM folder but they should have already been imported into my DB. Can I look in the DB and see if the hands are still there and just not showing up? Have you heard of this happening, and if I have to start my DB over, can I prevent it from happening again?

Thanks,
nick

jamesnick88
09-16-2011, 06:38 AM
Restarted HM a few times and the 10k DB finally came up. Any idea why it happened before? Also would still like to know where to access db on pc.

The other problem I've had since install is my hands don't show up on my HUD. I've got 10k hands but every time I join a table it starts me at 1.

Patvs
09-16-2011, 06:57 PM
HUD starting at 0 for the hero: The hero stats will always start at zero and reset to 0 if you're moved to a new table.
This is done by design so you can track your image at each table.
If you want to see your overall stats, go to the reports tab.

Showing all 10k hands: clear filters (even though it appears no filters are selected), set the date filter to ALL HANDS.

All the original handhistory files have been moved to your archive folder, default: C:/HMArchive.

jamesnick88
09-17-2011, 08:30 PM
filters are cleared, hands are in HM archive, but they aren't going into reports when I start HM. now I am getting an error on some startups that says "An error occurred while retrieving the imported file list FATAL: 3D000: database "poker hands" ***DEFAULT DATABASE*** does not exist.

I think if I import folder "HMarchive" all my hands will load up, but who wants to import their whole database everytime they start the program?
Any ideas?

Patvs
09-17-2011, 09:32 PM
set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) with regional settings English (United States)

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.