PDA

View Full Version : DB / Import problems

Stasek
06-19-2009, 09:58 PM
Here is the problem that keeps happening for me over and over again:

I play session, HUD works correctly (meaning hands being imported into HEM DB), but when i go reports tab I see no hands imported.
If I played 50 hands with opponent X and switch current player (in the reports tab) to X - it shows hands we have played together.

This problem occurs on my old computer with vista. On new one with XP (tho less often). It happens on my brother's laptop (vista) too. It doesnt happen every day, but regularly.

To solve this I used to purge hands played given day and manually reimport, but it doesnt work anymore. When i select player X (from previous example) - it says there are 50 hands in DB on him, but nothing shows in reports. When i try to reimport hands after puring, I get message that all hands are duplicates.

Creating new DB and reimporting everything fixes the problem, but I really dont want to do it everytime I get import errors like that.

Im using 1.09 beta 6a (but problem has been happening for last 6-8 months, so it is not version problem). Postgre 8.3

Also - there was no power outage, or any windows XP errors when this happened.

fozzy71
06-21-2009, 10:00 PM
It sounds like your old DB was corrupted somehow, and your new DB is working OK?. Is that correct? It can happen in a variety of ways, but many/most people never have a corrupt DB. As long as you make sure to archive your processed HHs you shouldn't ever have a problem rebuilding the DB. I reformat my computer every 5 - 7 months and have to import again.

Stasek
06-21-2009, 10:05 PM
It happens periodically, on multiple machines. I used to purge and manually reimport hands to fix that. Recently I couldnt reimport after purging, but I manged to solve that by vacuuming DB and running import again.

Rvg72
06-22-2009, 12:50 AM
It happens periodically, on multiple machines. I used to purge and manually reimport hands to fix that. Recently I couldnt reimport after purging, but I manged to solve that by vacuuming DB and running import again.

Hi, the next time you can duplicate this pleas email fabio@holdemmanager.net for a teamviewer session and explain the issue to him and let him take a look and see if he can solve this

Thanks,
Roy