PDA

View Full Version : Just Installed Avast Can't get HEM to work

Monty604
06-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Hi guys I just installed Avast anti virus now I can't get HEM to work. It keeps saying "Failed to establish connection to 127......

fozzy71
06-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Have you tried to set an Exception for HEM? Here are some instructions I found on the avast forums that might work.

use the Exclusion lists:

Standard Shield provider (on-access scanning):
Left-click on the avast-ball in the tray area, click on the provider icon at left and then click on "Customize".
Then go to the "Advanced" tab and click on the "Add" button...

For the other providers (on-demand scanning (such as the screensaver) or the Simple user interface):
Right-click on the the avast-ball, then click on "Program Settings"
Go then to the "Exclusions" tab and click on the "Add" button...

I don't use avast, so I can't be much help with it specifically. If that doesn't work, can you try uninstalling Avast (I use Revo Uninstaller) and then install the free version of Avira AntiVirus (http://www.free-av.com/en/download/index.html).? That is what I use, on my windows XP machine, and I have never had an issue.

Monty604
06-19-2009, 09:20 PM
Alright so I couldn't get it to work so I deleted Avast and now reinstalled software and Postgres but can't get hem to connect to postgress. I checked in services and it just says starting..

Monty604
06-19-2009, 09:24 PM
I checked the error to see why it didn't start up and it said because it timed out waiting for server to start up. What am I suppose to do now?

fozzy71
06-19-2009, 10:37 PM
I don't think you needed to uninstall HEM and PostgreSQL. Make sure you installed the latest beta version of HEM - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe.

Do you have XP or Vista? If Vista make certain that UAC is turned off.

Then reboot your PC, and see if HEM works and will connect.

Let me know how it goes, before going any further.

Did you uninstall HEM completely and delete your database? To completely remove SQL you need to do the following, before you reinstall it.

You must *fully* remove PostgreSQL if you want to install it again.

- Uninstall from control panel.
- manually delete the Program Files\Postgresql folders
- run the command "net user postgres /delete"
- reboot.
- install again, as admin, with UAC off.