PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL Install Error

GiMac
06-19-2009, 02:45 PM
I am trying to install PostgreSQL 8.3, however on the Service Configuration page, when I put in the two password suggestions (postgrespass and postgresuser) I get an error as follows:

Invalid Username Specified: Logon Failure: Unknown user or bad password.

Please assist.

Many thanks.

fabio
06-19-2009, 03:41 PM
press windowsbutton+r and type cmd in the box that popped up and click ok. then, type net user postgres /del in the black window which will come up and press enter

pilzt
06-20-2009, 12:25 AM
I did the install FIRST and then I VIEWED THE FOLLOWING GUIDES: postgreSQL install guide. I noticed I forgot to change to encoding server and client server to sql_ascII. It is still set on the default WIN1252 IN BOTH BOXES. How do I fix it it or does it matter?

Holdem Manager Training
06-20-2009, 12:43 AM
I did the install FIRST and then I VIEWED THE FOLLOWING GUIDES: postgreSQL install guide. I noticed I forgot to change to encoding server and client server to sql_ascII. It is still set on the default WIN1252 IN BOTH BOXES. How do I fix it it or does it matter?

Does not matter - I think Holdem Manager is suggesting to use the default Win1252 moving forward.

Holdem Manager Training
06-20-2009, 12:48 AM
I am trying to install PostgreSQL 8.3, however on the Service Configuration page, when I put in the two password suggestions (postgrespass and postgresuser) I get an error as follows:

Invalid Username Specified: Logon Failure: Unknown user or bad password.

Please assist.

Many thanks.

Not to Hijack or anything...

Easiest way to get past this error is to enter a new user name. Just don't change the HOST Name!!! If you are still getting the problem, Increase your password to 12 or more characters. Usually it'll say, "Password not good enough, do you want us to make a new one." Or something like that.

There's also a free video on PostgreSQL issues here that may help you out.
http://www.holdemmanagertraining.com/free_videos/free_postgres_mp4/free_Postgres.html

Ahh, almost forgot... You can watch the install video that goes over this too. It has the same problem as you have and gets you past the error.
http://www.holdemmanagertraining.com/free_videos/free_install_mp4/free_install_mp4.html

GL,
-HMT

fabio
06-20-2009, 09:36 AM

WIN1252 is fine