PDA

View Full Version : HUD lagging computer - new since version s

quakes
08-16-2008, 03:47 PM
My last 2 and 3 of the last four sets (ie I load up 16 sit and gos), the HUD has lagged up my computer and pokerstars and I was forced to close it in order to play. As soon as I close the HUD, my computer and pokerstars client are instantly super fast. In task manager 80-100% of my CPU is shown in use (30-50 is used by the HUD) when the HUD starts lagging (usually once I've added the 8th-10th table. That drops to 20% or less once the HUD is closed despite still having the auto import still on in holdem manager.
This problem is pretty new, and seems to have started when I upgraded to version s and continue in version u which I have now. Any fix?

morny
08-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Some things that can help with this kind of problem:

Update your graphics card driver
Move opacity sliders to the max i.e all the way to the right in Hud Options > Player Preference and Table Preferences
Turn off "Use Multiple Panels" if your using it.

IglooKing
08-19-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm with you quake. I have tried all of the above suggested items, but none has fixed the problem. My HUD had ran smoothly for about 5 months prior.

I have reverted to HUD 1.05.09 for the time being, which works well but not perfect.

i have a fairly new machine with the required specs. I 16-20 table. Any other suggestions for improving performance of the HUD?

FWIW, when I close the HUD (but leave on HM and HMImport), the performance of pokerstars is flawless!

Mike chops
08-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Do you have problems with other sites? If not I'd guess the problems are with the pre-fetching of hands. Here's a build with the pre-fetching switched off. Replace the file in the holdem manager folder. Can you let me know if you see a difference?

Evigt_Drabbad
08-19-2008, 01:14 PM
the HUD is lagging my computer too, never had any problems before, but its been laggy since i changed to this new version of HEM, im using 1.06.01t now,
moving the tables around is a pain in the ass, other stuff i have open such as firefox or some windows stuff and move they lag too, as soon as i close the hud everything is smooth,

i play on ipoker, im using winXP, my comp is a laptop dell inspiron 9400, duo core 1.83ghz, 1gb ram and ati radeon x1400 (but i doubt its my comp because with older version everything was fine, so its something with this new manager and its HUD)

havent still tested the opacity stuff or the new exe, once ive done that ill get back here and let u know if it helped

Evigt_Drabbad
08-19-2008, 05:43 PM
ok the opacity thing helped little bit, its still laggy but not as much as before, hmm.. go back to 1.05 perhaps or just live with the lesser lag now?

morny
08-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Have you tried updating your graphics card

Evigt_Drabbad
08-20-2008, 09:28 AM
no havent tried new drivers because dell hasnt updated since 2006 or so, and i cant use the latest from ati because dell isnt in the supported list, found some omegadrivers thats suppose to work with everything but dunno if i dare to try :o