PDA

View Full Version : Where does the time/date stamp come from?

omaha
06-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Having troubles with the computer, and sometimes when it boots it is jan 2003. I usually remember to change the date, but sometimes havent

Been playing at party (and just changed my name 2 weeks ago), and i have now realises something very strange

when i look at all hands, i have played 7697, when i look at hands this year , i get 6244.

The same thing with the graphs, i get two different numbers, which once again are 7697 and 6244, and the $ won and lost correspond to the amounts in the reports tab

In the last three hours, i have lost about $300, which shows up in the graph of hands this year, but in the all hands graph, my recent hands do not seem to be there!

Is this something to do with hands being imported into hem when my computers date stamp is wrong?

I would have assumed that the info would be all from the hand history, and nothing to do with the time on the puter

The Minder
06-19-2009, 09:49 AM
First things first is that I strongly recommend you get the battery on your motherboard replaced.

fabio
06-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Yes, changing the BIOS battery would be the best thing, I'm sure this is causing the date problems

omaha
06-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Yep, i did that yesterday, bought a new battery, but it still seems to be a bit stuffed.

Have startged the puter a few times, and it really doesnt like having my extra d drive on at the start (its only a few months old)

I have a matrox 4 vid card, and a ge force 2 vid card, and have taken the 2 vid card, so only have four screens on at the moment

Is there anything else that could give me a CMOS checksum error? If i dont get that, i tend to get a disk boot error, please insert system disk error if i have my e drive plugged in

The Minder
06-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Your problems seem to be coming from incorrect settings within your BIOS rather than from issues within HEM. Therefore, I doubt that this forum is going to be of much assistance. I suggest you take your computer to a local computer repair shop and let a tech have a look at the boot sequence / BIOS config.