PDA

View Full Version : problem w/HUD today

spookytooth
07-11-2008, 10:29 PM
good day all,
my auto import and HUD was working fine yesterday but I can't get anything to work today. the auto import will work when I first turn HM on & hit start auto import. It will import the hands I've played while HM was shut down. But after that it wont read any tables I bring up or actually play at.
All my play is at FTP.
tried going to the .exe to start HUD but that didnt work either
table mgr shows the table with tick in the box but 0/9 players. tried clicking save positions but no luck
i have the "launch HUD with autoimport" ticked under HUD options
os=xp home
not sure what has changed since yesteday - pls advise how to proceed.
thank you

spookytooth
07-12-2008, 10:08 AM
I believe I've figured out what might have caused this problem. I have been using a program called PokerEdge and it recently pushed an update. That update was installed Thursday evening and my problems started on Friday. Since I just purchased HM, I was using PE until I was sure HM was setup properly. Will just uninstalling PokerEdge reolve my issues with HM? Or are there other things that will need to be done

morny
07-12-2008, 11:31 AM
I wouldnt think PE would have anything to do with it but if your not using it any more it would be no harm to uninstall it. heres some things to try.

First can you try a manual import using a couple of files via the Import File option instead of Auto Import to verify that its not a problem with corrupt HH.

Can you go to the folder where Full Tilt saves the HH and confirm that it is indeed saving files there. If not make sure Full Tilt is saving the HH to hard disk in full tilt options.

Delete and reinsert the path to that folder through Options > Configure Auto Import folders. Then try the auto import and if its still not working remove any HH that are in the folder that Full Tilt saves HH to just incase a corrupt file is blocking it or something and try again.

Let us know how it goes.

spookytooth
07-12-2008, 04:09 PM
OK, I dumped the PE program just to be sure. Also dumped CalculatemPro.

Checked the Full Tilt HH file and the HH are being saved there.

Currently I can get the HUD to work at tables that I'm seated. Once I leave the table the auto import stops so the HUD stops as well. auto import wont collect an open table HH unless I'm seated at that table. I have noticed that my HH are saved to a file using my sign-on as part of it's destination = c:\program files\full tilt poker\hand history\
(my name)\+subfolders. Whereas on Stars & Absolute HH my poker name is not included.

I guess at this point, how can I get HM to datamine HH on FTP w/o me sitting at the tables?

thanks again

Grandizer
07-12-2008, 05:39 PM
I believe you need a separate application to datamine sites. Then add the directory where the HH's are to the Import Folders list.

There are a number of sites where datamining is against their End User Agreement. You may want to look into which sites aren't against it and applications that support that site.

morny
07-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah as Grandizer said youll need a 3rd party dataminer to do this. Youll assign a folder to datamine into and you need to add this folder to Options> Configure Auto Import Folders

You can however do the following:

Go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders and click on “Add Folder” and add the following folder:
C:\Program Files\RVG Software\holdem manger\importing\hem data and click close.

This wont help your original question but it will make your stats appear quicker.

Mike chops
07-13-2008, 05:52 PM
You can datamine on FTP. It sounds as if you just need to set the auto-imort folder up. I have "c:\program files\full tilt poker\handhistory + subfolders". If you have gone further into the handhistory\screenname account, you won't get the observed hands.

morny
07-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Sorry didnt realise this, is FT the only one or are there others you can datamine on?

spookytooth
07-13-2008, 10:17 PM
hey mike,
KOOL - thx for the heads up on that datamine situation. just changed my import forlder & works great. just took out the screenname as u suggested. I thought tilt was one of the few sites that u can datamine on. but Morny is a site "ADMINSTRATOR" !! lol just bustin your chops Morny lol
anyway thx man