PDA

View Full Version : Turn continuation bets not adding up in and out of position

joshbradford
09-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Hi Guys,

I have been working to add some of the new continuation bet stats into my popups.
Everything seems to be working fine except that some of the numbers do not add up.
For example one specific player had 14 situations where he could have continuation bet the turn.
4 of which he was in position for
10 of which he was out of position for
The merged stat continuation bet turn was correctly reported on the hud and in the popup
it shows 14 attempts in parentheses after the merged percentage which it correctly reports as 64%
The problem comes in when I break it down by position.
Using the stat continuation bet turn ip (in position) it only reports One attempt instead of 4.
I filtered for turn continuation bet possible and replayed each of the 14 hands to check all of the numbers.
He was in position 4 times and continuation bet 3 of those times.
Yet the stat continuation bet turn only shows one situation and 100 percent as the turn continuation bet percentage
The continuation bet turn oop also seems to be misreporting the situation showing only 6 situations and reporting
the percentage as 83 percent.
when i replayed the hands there were in fact 10 hands that he had an opportunity to continuation bet and he did in fact continuation bet 6 of them and checked four of them so the percentage should be 60% for turn continuation bet oop.
i have tried to attach a picture file of the popup i was describing but I am not sure if it worked right

Here is a typewritten version of how the window looks

Turn_cbet TcbOop TcbIp
64% (14) 83% (6) 100% (1)

I really like the idea of these specific stats and look forward to make sure they work correctly.
I theorized that the misreporting could be due to confusion with the fact that these were 3 handed stats and
it might not be counting in and out of position correctly due to this... but I have noticed that the reported attempts do not add up correctly for my some of my heads up opponents as well so it seems to be some other type of systematic error.

I look forward to hearing from you soon :)

sincerely,
josh

Sarek
09-13-2011, 04:19 AM
Please update to the latest version 1.12.03
http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_1.12.03.exe

joshbradford
09-13-2011, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the reply,

I have updated to the latest version 1.12.03 :)
Unfortunately this did not clear up the problem :(
I would love to hear any other ideas :D

thanks,
Josh

Patvs
09-13-2011, 05:37 PM
We're aware of this issue.
Bugticket is #2720. (ask us to check the status of this bug number if it's not fixed in the next update)

joshbradford
10-03-2011, 01:36 AM
Hey Guys,

Just downloaded the latest holdem manager update 1.12.04.
It seems as though the problem I reported earlier with the continuation bets not adding up in position and oop is still not fixed.
Here's a link to the detailed post I put up earlier just in case
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hud-general/122891-turn-continuation-bets-not-adding-up-out-position.html

I was told to report if it was still not fixed in the latest update with this bug ticket #2720

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help

thanks,
Josh

Sarek
10-03-2011, 03:38 AM
According to bug ticket system, it is still being worked on.
If you can provide some HHs with this, it will be helpfull.
Send them to support@holdemmanager.com with ticket # in email text