PDA

View Full Version : Fold to 3 bet

wallstreetpro7
06-17-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm a recent convertie from PT3.

I seem to be getting completely different percentages on my HUD stat "fold to 3 bet" vs PT3.

PT3 seems more acurate!

Any suggestions?

fabio
06-17-2009, 06:03 PM
My guess is PT3 calculates it in a different way.

3bet explanation from our FAQ: Three Bet

This refers to preflop only where someone re-raises a raise. To explain the difference between prelop and postflop for the term 3bet. The BB is counted as a forced bet preflop, the open raise is then counted as a raise or 2nd bet and the 3bet is when someone re-raises. Post Flop the 1st bet is just a bet, the 2nd bet is a raise and a re-raise is sometimes referred to as a 3bet, just to be aware of the difference between the two.

wallstreetpro7
06-17-2009, 07:36 PM
My guess is PT3 calculates it in a different way.

3bet explanation from our FAQ: Three Bet

This refers to preflop only where someone re-raises a raise. To explain the difference between prelop and postflop for the term 3bet. The BB is counted as a forced bet preflop, the open raise is then counted as a raise or 2nd bet and the 3bet is when someone re-raises. Post Flop the 1st bet is just a bet, the 2nd bet is a raise and a re-raise is sometimes referred to as a 3bet, just to be aware of the difference between the two.

Ok thanks but what stat will show me the % a player folds to a re-raise or as you say 3rd bet post flop?

Mike chops
06-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Ok thanks but what stat will show me the % a player folds to a re-raise or as you say 3rd bet post flop?

The fold to 3-bet stat. I can't speak for PT but we count it as a "fold to 3-bet" if you either raise or call a single raise pre-flop and then fold to a subsequent 3-bet. It doesnt count folds where you hadn't acted before the 3-bet or had only limped.