PDA

View Full Version : All-In EV means what exactly?

tozzy
08-16-2008, 12:43 PM
This mightve been already covered but a quick search didnt produce anything useful and the faq is really unclear about this.

"The EV line is what you should have won, the winnings line is what you did win. If winnings > EV, you are running good."

So, winnings now is Showdown Winnings + Non-SD winnings. Obviously, the non-SD winnings cant be affected by the all-in EV. So I might win 100BB in showdown winnings, my all-IN ev would be 100BB and I could be up, say, 200BB due to non-SD winnings. Now if all I activated were Winnings + AI EV, according to this faq, I would be running 100BB "above" EV.

Now, again, what does that EV line really tell? As far as I can see, it calculates the EV when we get it in before the river, right? So its actually 100% pointless unless you add another grap called All-In winnings.

regards

morny
08-16-2008, 02:24 PM
If you filter "When all in on the turn or before" then you should have a better comparision than comparing to overall winnings but there seems to be a problem with the way it displays EV in this case which Roy is looking into at the moment.

tozzy
08-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Could you please tell me what sort of stuff is calculated to get the "All-In EV" graph without any filters?

morny
08-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Say your 80/20 fav on the turn when you get all in and the stacks are 200 each and its headsup. The rough calc would be:

80 times out of 100 you win $200: +$16,000
20 times out of 100 you lose $200: -$4,000
Profit + $12,000 so thats an average of $120 youll win

So in that case your $EV all in would be $120 dollars

tozzy
08-16-2008, 08:09 PM
okay I dont get this. Last 2 days ive been running quite hot. In the unfiltered state, its saying my All-IN Ev is +9k. Now, when I filter for "all in before the turn (or earlier)" im down 3k.
apparently, there have to be seperate ways to calculate those. I'm interested in where the +9k come from.
Thx in advance

morny
08-17-2008, 07:52 AM
As i mentioned in the original reply that there seems to be a problem with the way its displaying the $EV and Roy is looking into that at the moment so i wouldnt really be trying to interpret anything until that is checked out.