PDA

View Full Version : PS hu tables need to be found for HUD to work

v3rc3tt1
09-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Hello,
Hands are imported correctly but every time I need to use the table finder to get the hud started.
Played with the setting for quite a while no luck.
I don't have problem on other sites when playing HU.

olliepower
09-08-2011, 10:41 PM
What anti-virus/firewall are you using?

Please see this FAQ http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn�t+Work and answer any questions that apply to you so we can narrow down what the issue is

v3rc3tt1
09-09-2011, 05:13 AM
hi updated to latest version and problem is fixed
Have another question and don't wanna start new thread.
I'm trying to free disk space and I have imported datamined hands and old dbs that take ~200gb. So I deleted the dbs after backing them up but only freed like 15-20gb.

fozzy71
09-09-2011, 08:54 PM
hi updated to latest version and problem is fixed
Have another question and don't wanna start new thread.
I'm trying to free disk space and I have imported datamined hands and old dbs that take ~200gb. So I deleted the dbs after backing them up but only freed like 15-20gb.

How did you delete the old databases? Via PGAdmin? How many databases do you have left? How many hands in each of those databases? Do you have any PT3 databases?

Try a program like windirstat.info to visually see what files are taking the most space on your drives.

Logging:

I would suggest you turn off logging on your new SQL installation as well as these other performance improvements in my signature - Top 10: HEM performance increase tips

To turn off logging, follow these instructions. This is the first thing I do anytime I install SQL for someone.

- Start > My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View > UnCheck 'Hide Extensions for known file types' > OK

- C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\postgresql.conf > Right-Click > Open With.. > NotePad > Check 'Always use this program'

- Scroll about half way down to ~Lines 245 - 260:

- The last line of this block of code, for the 'logging_collector', must be changed from On to Off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# ERROR REPORTING AND LOGGING
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# - Where to Log -

log_destination = 'stderr' # Valid values are combinations of
# stderr, csvlog, syslog and eventlog,
# depending on platform. csvlog
# requires logging_collector to be on.

# This is used when logging to stderr:
logging_collector = off # Enable capturing of stderr and csvlog

File > Save; File > Close

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload Configuration.

- Start > My Computer > C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, or C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, if you have 64 bit Vista. Delete all files in that folder. And it might be a good idea to empty your recycle bin at that point, or use a 3rd party utility like CCleaner to clean up all your junk/temporary files. You want to do this before you get to the vacuum and defrag process.

Regarding database maintenance:

You should regularly purge mined hands in your database, after purge vacuum / full analyze the database via pgadmin. You do not want to purge any Hero hands so make sure your alias is properly configured before purging.

There are two types of purges (delete)

-options--> settings--> purge hands (will delete handhistory, hand from graph, $Won from sessions, etc. everything, so hand won't be used anymore for stats)
-options--> settings--> observed HH configuration--> purge hands--> will delete the handhistory and therefore the ability to replay the hand, but the hand will still be used for the graph, $Won from sessions and for the HUD.

If you're deleting a lot of hands, it's usually best to just create a new empty database.

Then you can vacuum/analyze - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/88/Vacuum+Analyze+Database+#manual

Before you defragment you should stop the PostgreSQL service:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.x > Stop Server

Use your favorite defrag tool. I recommend Smart Defrag.

After defrag I recommend you reboot your PC. If you need to access the DB before rebooting you can start the PostgreSQL service.

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.x > Start Server