PDA

View Full Version : HEM Gets Stuck Optimizing Player

ahnooln
09-08-2011, 04:12 PM
I've recently imported a large number of hands (1M+) into a relatively new database. Now, when I run HEM it displays the Optimizing Players window and attempts to optimize. After about 30 minutes I keep getting this:

"The following error occurred: A timeout has occured. If you were establishing a connection, increase Timeout value in ConnectionString..."

In the meantime the computer slows down enormously, even though the processor load is not close to 100% and the memory used is also less than 100%.

When I then try to run a report on me, it also gets stuck and the computer also slows down. If I restart the computer and run HEM again the exact same thing repeats.

What should I do? Vaccuum/analyze, reindex, reimport all hands, what's my best bet?

olliepower
09-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Hi,

I'd suggest you make a new DB and import your hands in 2-4 batches. Also, what anti-virus/firewall are you using? What are the specs of your PC?

Here�s a FAQ on how to create a new database http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database

Ollie