PDA

View Full Version : An error occurred while reading the config/HoldemManager.config file

obigo
08-15-2008, 07:56 PM
I have 1 day left on trial and it had been working fine but it is not working anymore...

Error message: An error occurred while reading the config/HoldemManager.config file: Root element is missing. Holdem Manager will now backup the old config file and create a new one for you.

I hit okay and then another error msg popped up:
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

I hit Continue and then Holdem manager just freezes and not proceeding or doing anything.

I look forward to getting this sorted so i can register.

Thanks!

morny
08-16-2008, 12:33 PM
With Holdem Manager closed please go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config and delete the holdemmanager.config file and then try restarting HM

If that dosent work uninstall and reinstall HM but backup your files first but dont bother backup up the holdemmanager.config file

obigo
08-16-2008, 01:16 PM
my trial has now expired so i couldnt test to see if this worked...i tried to register but on the buy now page i can only see the 3 steps but i cant actually select anything...am i missing something?
cheers

morny
08-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Yes follow the 3 steps:

1) Choose the product low stakes or full version
2) Use Paypal or Netteller to send the applicable amount
3) Contact Roy with the payment details you just made and hell send you a code to unlock your trial version