PDA

View Full Version : Looking for complete explanation of *all* stats

Tbird
07-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Hi, I looked through the faq in search of a detailed explanation of all stats, because some of them seem very much alike and it confuses me.
Is there a comprehensive list with all stats explained?

morny
07-12-2008, 10:49 AM
If you put a list of what stats you need to know ill try an aswer as many as possible and add them to the FAQ but there currently is no comprehensive list. There are some stats explained in the FAQ though.

Sigurd
07-13-2008, 08:19 PM
I for one would really like to know how "Rake" and "4-bet range" is calculated. Nothing fancy, just a formula or something.

morny
07-14-2008, 07:07 AM
Rake: http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=117

4bet Range: http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=118

Pureman
07-15-2008, 07:46 AM
What about the difference between:
- PFR
- Raise first

Could you explain the difference and give examples please?

morny
07-15-2008, 07:57 AM
Theres not a whole lot of difference tbh, the difference with raise first is basically he opened raised as in he was the first person to raise wheras if someone raised and i 3bet for example this would go towards my PFR% but it wouldnt effect my first raise % because i wasnt the 1st to raise i was 2nd.

Pureman
07-19-2008, 03:33 AM
Thank you for the fast support!
I've got two more questions if you dont mind.

1.) PFR <-> Raise 1st: So if someone raises before anyone else limped in the pot or raised the pot himself, this will increase the RAISE 1ST stat. If someoen raises and there were people in the pot, whether they limped in, raised, open called or whatnot doesn'T matter, then this will increase the PFR stat. Correct?

2.) When I raise and someone reraises me, I normally have a look at their PFR and judge whether I should call or not based on that. Recently I also checked the 3-BET stat. However, this stat seems to be very low all the time(only 2-3%) over ~50k Hands. Yet, I doubt that he will really reraise me with such a tight range. So, could you please explain what exactly increases the 3-BET stat of someone sir?

morny
07-19-2008, 09:16 AM
1) Raise 1st includes the times someone limped, as long as he is the 1st to raise this goes towards hes 1st raise stat. With PFR its very similar except as long as he raises it counts towards hes PFR whether hes first to raise, 3bets etc

When encountering someone who 3bets(raises my raise) here are the stats we should consider.

3bet %
3bet By Position (CO,Button etc)
Fold to 4bet %

For 100nl-200nl most regular tags who will be 3betting light will be 3betting 4-8% i think anyone higher than that is overdoing it and anyone 3betting under that well make their range transparent. Ususally at lower levels theirs very few that 3bet light so give it the respect it deserves unless the stats suggest otherwise.

Someone thats 3betting 2-3% means their range for doing so is TT+ AK so youll need a strong hand to be calling a 3bet from someone like that

Pureman
07-20-2008, 03:20 PM
Thank your again sir.

Another thing that interests me: is there a Stat that shows the % of time a villain calls a RESTEAL after STEALING himself from #1CO, #2BU, #3SB?

If not I hope such a stat will have very high priority, since it would enourmously increase the winnings of a Short Stacking Player :cool:.

morny
07-20-2008, 07:06 PM
As in they open from CO and you 3bet and they call. There is the call 3bet stat if thats what you mean

ninja
09-06-2008, 05:30 PM
4bet Range: http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=118

There is no explanation for 4bet Range under that link.

Vivekananda
09-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Sometimes I encounter players whose 3-bet% is higher than their PFR%. How is this possible?

morny
09-07-2008, 06:43 AM
http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewtopic.aspx?topicid=15 all the HUD stats are now explained here

As for 3bet being bigger than PFR its probably unusual but its very very possible. Say if i never in my life raised preflop but i always 3bet AA-QQ then obviously my 3bet % is going to be greater than 0 which would be my PFR

mohow
09-07-2008, 02:42 PM
how is the "Blinds vRS VPIP" calculated in the Players Tab? I'm a heads up limit player and would love to be able to do a results analysis on fold Big Blind to Steal. But this isn't offered in the players tab. Blinds vRS may be the closest thing at the moment but I'm worried its going to catch those times when you call a 3 bet or 4 bet.

two cents: I would be a very happy man if custom stats could be analyzed in the players tab.

Rvg72
09-07-2008, 10:37 PM
all those stats only consider the first action so in heads up the Blinds vs Raise will always be how the big blind deals with a small blind steal.

You can't use custom stats in the players tab because it is all precompiled data. What you can do though is create an alias, add a bunch of regulars to it and then select that alias and run reports against it making sure that you check the "group by player" option

Roy

mohow
09-08-2008, 12:08 PM
What a brilliant solution. I'll try it. Just for my general education what does "precompiled data" mean and why does this prevent using custom stats?

Rvg72
09-08-2008, 09:10 PM
What a brilliant solution. I'll try it. Just for my general education what does "precompiled data" mean and why does this prevent using custom stats?

It means that the data is pre-analyzed as it is being imported and the results are stored in smaller tables for easy lookup. So, when the HUD wants to see VPIP it looks in the precompiled section and sees 10000 hands, 2300 with VPIP so it must be 23% vs scanning all 10000 hands to figure out which ones he played each time the player is at the table.

Roy

mohow
09-09-2008, 07:15 PM
oh thanks.

Hasuwisp
07-20-2009, 03:14 AM
http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewtopic.aspx?topicid=15 all the HUD stats are now explained here

As for 3bet being bigger than PFR its probably unusual but its very very possible. Say if i never in my life raised preflop but i always 3bet AA-QQ then obviously my 3bet % is going to be greater than 0 which would be my PFR

Why your 3 bet wont increase your pfr?
From hem manual stats definitions:
"Preflop Raise: When someone raise pf, if someone 3bets this is also counted towards your pfr as well"

Chucky the tree
08-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Pardon the bump. In the 3bet area on the pop there stats that are named fold_vs_3bet.EP.total and ones for MP, CO BTN etc. Does that stat mean the times the person raised from UTG got 3bet and then folded or is it the times they folded to a EP raise? Also what the fold vs 3bet IP and blind mean?

Barthold
08-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Another question about 3 bet vs PFR

I also sometimes have that my 3bet % is higher than my PFR %. I notice that this mostly happens when I don't have so much hands played at a table. BUT, i already raised a couple of times and I 3 bet for the first time.... how is this possible ? Is this stat maybe related to PFR.. so the 3bet % correlates to the % of time a 3bet when I raise preflop ?

fozzy71
08-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Pardon the bump. In the 3bet area on the pop there stats that are named fold_vs_3bet.EP.total and ones for MP, CO BTN etc. Does that stat mean the times the person raised from UTG got 3bet and then folded....?

Yes

Also what the fold vs 3bet IP and blind mean?

It means you raise in position, someone out of position 3 bets you, and you fold to the 3 bet.

Another question about 3 bet vs PFR

I also sometimes have that my 3bet % is higher than my PFR %. I notice that this mostly happens when I don't have so much hands played at a table. BUT, i already raised a couple of times and I 3 bet for the first time.... how is this possible ?

You have an opportunity to be a PFR every single handyou play, just like VPIP. You only have an opportunity to 3bet, if someone ahead of you has already raised pre-flop. If you have been dealt 10 hands, and played 4 of them while raising 3 times, you would be 40/30 for VPIP/PFR and 0% for 3bet (assuming no one had open raised before in front of you, to give you a 3bet opportunity). If the next hand someone raises ahead of you for the first time, and you 3bet, this is your first 3 bet, and your first opportunity to 3bet, for a total of 100% 3bet. (3bets)/(# of 3bet opportunities)

Is this stat maybe related to PFR.. so the 3bet % correlates to the % of time a 3bet when I raise preflop ?

No. It is the number of times you 3 bet someone's opening raise.

Barthold
08-28-2009, 04:38 AM
Thanx fozzy71, I understand it now!

julienne
09-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Hi there!

So, I´m having questions too with the Preflop raise and the Raise 1st stats:

You said:

1) Raise 1st includes the times someone limped, as long as he is the 1st to raise this goes towards hes 1st raise stat. With PFR its very similar except as long as he raises it counts towards hes PFR whether hes first to raise, 3bets etc

But at the Stats Definitions on the FAQ it says:

Raise First is similar to Pre Flop Raise except it doesn’t include 3bets as its only the 1st person to raise that has their Raise First stat ected and it doesn’t include raising limpers.

so... Could you please clarify this for me??
I thought Raise First indicates the times someone makes an OPEN RAISE. ONLY open raises. If you raise a limper it´s not an open raise, is just a raise, right?? oh, well...

so, correct me please if im wrong:

PFR: number of times you make a raise preflop. It counts either open raises, raises overlimpers and 3bets.
RAISE 1ST: It only counts the times you make an OPEN RAISE.

Thank you so much!

fozzy71
09-05-2011, 11:47 AM
I have sent an email to get clarification for you. Someone should reply soon.

RDB
09-06-2011, 03:19 AM
Could you please clarify this for me??
I thought Raise First indicates the times someone makes an OPEN RAISE. ONLY open raises. If you raise a limper it´s not an open raise, is just a raise, right?? oh, well...

so, correct me please if im wrong:

PFR: number of times you make a raise preflop. It counts either open raises, raises overlimpers and 3bets.
RAISE 1ST: It only counts the times you make an OPEN RAISE.

This is correct. Raise 1st only applies when the pot is unopened but PFR is every raise whether it is an open, vs limpers, 3bet e.t.c.

julienne
09-06-2011, 09:43 AM
thank you RDB! so, Raise 1st, does or does not include raising limpers?? thank you very much!

RDB
09-06-2011, 11:51 AM
thank you RDB! so, Raise 1st, does or does not include raising limpers?? thank you very much!

Raise 1st only applies when the pot is unopened but PFR is every raise whether it is an open, vs limpers, 3bet e.t.c.

When I say the pot is unopened this means there is no action before the raise. Therefore Raise 1st does not include hands with limpers.

julienne
09-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Now i get it! :) thank you very much!! so kind :)

olliepower
09-06-2011, 09:36 PM
glad the team could help!

Roflpain
09-30-2011, 04:13 AM
I got another stat that I don't understand very well. Defendsteal, is that when villain raises ur steal (same as 3bet vs steal) ?

Patvs
09-30-2011, 11:03 PM
It's similar to 3bet vs steal.
If the cutoff steals. And the button 3bets this is a "3bet vs steal".

I believe "defend vs steal" will only show hands where the blinds defend. Possibly even only the big blind. (and maybe calling a steal also counts as a 'defend')

dasayev
11-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Hi,

in the popup designer there's a stat called "Flop fold to donk bet in RS1 pot". What does RS1 mean? That the pot was not 3bet (or more)?

Thanks
/E

netsrak
11-12-2011, 08:57 AM
RS1 = 1 raise preflop